New custom IEM company - Custom Art: discussion, review, and impressions thread
Sep 21, 2015 at 1:35 PM Post #2,866 of 4,065
Hello everyone!

I just made a short review on the Ei.xx in its thread.

If someone is interested, go check, it out! MrButchi coincidently posted almost in the same time I did. Enjoy!

http://www.head-fi.org/t/778219/teaser-massdrop-x-new-custom-in-ear-monitor-available-september/315#post_11933995

Sep 22, 2015 at 9:18 AM Post #2,867 of 4,065
As promised... pics of the H8Ps in acrylic. Figured that I'd might as well post them here since CA is probably ramping up production of acrylic monitors about now. 

Apologies for the poor photo quality, they're from my smartphone (and it's nighttime now, so there isn't enough light...) I can assure you they look better in person. And does anyone (anywhere) watch Fafner?

The detail reproduction is unlike anything I've heard before (granted I haven't heard much)... definitely a step up from my Senn Momentum 2.0. Percussions and acoustics are a notch above in terms of clarity, definitely more lifelike (esp. in terms of note attack - the H8Ps are quicker). Imaging is also better, like it's more... precise. Back to details though, I've heard echoes that I've not heard before, minor music details, even entire instruments that I previously missed out... 

For anyone considering making the leap to customs (and more specifically Custom Art), go for it! :) Gotta say Peter really did a great job with these, and with communicating with each customer. He replied to all my queries about monitors, artwork, and recommendations in a prompt manner. He's also really quick with updates. More pics and impressions next time (if I can find the time)! 

For now, need to save $$ for that DAC...

Sep 22, 2015 at 7:26 PM Post #2,868 of 4,065
i will order my H8Ps in acrylic too, but after the Ei.X.X from Massdrop, dang can't wait to try this epic Sound Stage of the H8pro. <3

Sep 27, 2015 at 9:24 AM Post #2,873 of 4,065
It is a sad, sad decision but they must go, I will jump into Custom Art train in the future again though so this is only a temporary break.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/782282/custom-art-hamony-8-8-pro

Sep 27, 2015 at 9:30 AM Post #2,874 of 4,065
  It is a sad, sad decision but they must go, I will jump into Custom Art train in the future again though so this is only a temporary break.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/782282/custom-art-hamony-8-8-pro

ouch, this is very sad to see, if possible i would have buy it yet i am buying the new Custom Art CIEM tomorrow, if was able to do buy yours i would have done so today 

still super sad to see someone who love the Custom Art Harmony to take a break from the Harmony :< 

Sep 27, 2015 at 9:34 AM Post #2,875 of 4,065
  ouch, this is very sad to see, if possible i would have buy it yet i am buying the new Custom Art CIEM tomorrow, if was able to do buy yours i would have done so today 

still super sad to see someone who love the Custom Art Harmony to take a break from the Harmony :< 

It is only a temporary one but yeah, I really like those dark monsters. I had a car crash and have to pay for the repair cost to put it simply. After a while I will come back to Custom Art again for sure. Plus, I still have the magical Ei.3 with me.

Sep 27, 2015 at 10:55 AM Post #2,876 of 4,065

It is only a temporary one but yeah, I really like those dark monsters. I had a car crash and have to pay for the repair cost to put it simply. After a while I will come back to Custom Art again for sure. Plus, I still have the magical Ei.3 with me.

At least you haven't forsaken all your Custom Art CIEMs :)

Sep 27, 2015 at 10:58 AM Post #2,877 of 4,065
Thinking about getting the Music Ones just for fun. I've never had a silicon CIEM :). Just wondering, is it best to go detatchable? I'm thinking more on the lines of longevity of the CIEM as well as the ergonomics. 

Sep 27, 2015 at 11:03 AM Post #2,878 of 4,065
  Thinking about getting the Music Ones just for fun. I've never had a silicon CIEM :). Just wondering, is it best to go detatchable? I'm thinking more on the lines of longevity of the CIEM as well as the ergonomics. 

The Music Ones are serious contenders :)))

I went with the non-detachable route, and never regretted it. The lack of the memory wire means that the cable just goes nicely around the ear naturally. And the clear cable is CRAZY flexible.

P.S: i can't say much about durability, I've only had them a couple of months.

Sep 27, 2015 at 5:04 PM Post #2,879 of 4,065
Not sure whether to be irritated or relieved that there's been a change in policy at work regarding headphones in certain areas.  Atm I am now only allowed to use one ear piece in my right ear and one ear plug in the left.  Irritated because listening to music like this sucks (and pretty much rules out audiobooks :frowning2: ) but relieved as the temptation to spend has seriously been reduced.  If the policy hadn't come in I'm fairly sure I would of gone for the new massdrop from CA.

Sep 28, 2015 at 6:43 AM Post #2,880 of 4,065

At least you haven't forsaken all your Custom Art CIEMs :)

It is not like I want to let them go, I was addicted to Crescent but couldn't listen to them for more than 30 mins or something. I was thinking I would never ever thinking about selling H8 cuz to me it is the "Dark Perfection" but.. crap happens my friend
frown.gif

Ei.3 still with me and sure as hell I will be coming back to Peter later on after I put my life in order.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back