New custom IEM company - Custom Art: discussion, review, and impressions thread
Nov 22, 2014 at 9:21 AM Post #1,816 of 4,065
i don't think that bluetooth would be good for something like the H8, but for a Music One for a daily commute, wireless would be awesome combined with the comfort of cIEM.

Battery on the earin is really short, but they are also quite a bit smaller than a cIEM, so it should be possible to simply have a larger battery in a cIEM.

Nov 28, 2014 at 8:25 PM Post #1,817 of 4,065
Yep.. this is why I've sent my H8P back to Piotr to have it changed to the H8 non-pro.  The H8P has a unique combination of a warmth and brightness.  The Pro really does offer some terrific resolution through the treble.. but it's best served with well mastered recordings.  I mean, it absolutely glows with great recordings.. but the flip side is that, IME, the peaks, while fairly narrow, are prominent enough that poorer quality recordings will get served up fairly ruthlessly.  The brightness can be tamed to a certain extent with an amp with slightly higher output impedance (perhaps something around 10 ohms could be the sweet spot?).. but all my gear is quite low in OI and my ears prefer phones that fall on the warm side of neutral these days.

I still think the H8P is terrific.. but there should be careful consideration of what's going to be upstream (DACs, amps, etc.) and downstream (recording/mastering quality of music) as well as your own tuning preferences.  I'm looking forward to the H8 non-pro.. I doubt it'll lack detail in the treble region.. it probably just won't be as prominent.

:beerchug:  

Hello FlySweep

Did you get your Harmony set back ?

I would love to have your views on the transition between 8 Pro and 8 :-D

Nov 28, 2014 at 9:05 PM Post #1,818 of 4,065
i always point those who want to pay 400-500$ on a LQ IEM to buy the Music One, so many ignorant go with IE80 and SE535 even when i tell them about Music One :<  but few others who clearly got brain went to Peter and bought Music one or better options.

some of the people i've sent here went with UE CIEM -.-'' how sad....

I'm sure that Piotrus makes some really nice CIEMs with awesome bang for buck, but you need to realise that this childish behaviour of praising something to the high heaven through the means of bashing some other alternatives is not in any way helping the company in the question. How about showing your appreciation in another way so that people would take you a bit more seriously?
hey man sorry if i have offended you in a way, i don't recall saying UE sucks, from the post you can see i am talking about "Value" so before you call others ignorant and trolls maybe try to understand first? Head-fi isn't a place for these kind of words...  

and yes some people that i told them not to worry about the H8P or Peter work they told me UE is a brand and it does make better quality than peter who just started and got no name,  i don't know what to call these people anything but brainless who goes for brands

Oh, then go ahead and explain to me why you just called people who went with the other choices "ignorant"? Maybe try to understand first?:rolleyes:
And indirectly insulting people for not having brains is not nice either:rolleyes:

Sorry for the OT, please carry on with the discussion.

Nov 29, 2014 at 5:24 AM Post #1,819 of 4,065
Congratulation your opinion does matter a lot in this thread, i can't wait to hear more criticism from you.

Dec 1, 2014 at 1:55 AM Post #1,823 of 4,065
Peter remold master...haha...but this is actually true.

Peter was doing remolds of acrylic to sillicone CIEMs. In collaboration with Lime Ears he was doing acrylic to acrylic remolds as well.

Dec 1, 2014 at 3:29 AM Post #1,824 of 4,065
Yep Master. He's the only one to :

- use vented BA transducer in silicone
- reshell SE5-way 
- retune CIEM to personal tastes (very unique masterpiece)

He's not the only one who reshell CIEM but he's the only one who discusses and advices a sunday afternoon :D

Dec 1, 2014 at 5:15 AM Post #1,825 of 4,065
So F&$# the haters! ;p

Dec 1, 2014 at 5:50 AM Post #1,826 of 4,065
  Were your SE5way silicone to start with?

I was thinking of getting an acrylic remolded in silicone but don't know if thats standard.

Yup SE5way was silicone and now it still is.

I am sure he can do it, just shoot him an email or something, he can do anything you want as my friend stated, he can also retune your monitors too.

Dec 1, 2014 at 6:08 AM Post #1,827 of 4,065
Dec 1, 2014 at 10:00 AM Post #1,829 of 4,065
Can he retune people? Some people I know sound pitchy and annoying.

oh Mimo! <3 long time no see, did you order from Peter?!  

i heard Peter can retune People as well >=)  also animals hehehe 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back