New custom IEM company - Custom Art: discussion, review, and impressions thread
Aug 24, 2014 at 12:22 PM Post #1,456 of 4,065
Yes, I did tested it with a sweep tone. But it was just an estimation. 

SE5 cuts off around 19.7 k Hz, while H8P cuts off around 19.5 Hz.

All my other CIEMs cuts off around 19 k or even lower.

Aug 24, 2014 at 12:26 PM Post #1,457 of 4,065

tupac is probably like 15 years old with excellent ears.
biggrin.gif
  How accurate you think those graphs you've seen for high frequencies are?   I'm curious because BA tend to roll-off pretty early.

Were you looking at the numbers of the frequencies while doing the sweep?

Aug 24, 2014 at 12:54 PM Post #1,458 of 4,065

where does the 1Plus2's Treble cuts off? ;3 so i know were does mine cuts off :p

Aug 24, 2014 at 1:14 PM Post #1,459 of 4,065
  where does the 1Plus2's Treble cuts off? ;3 so i know were does mine cuts off :p

Not that impressive. around 18k Hz. You can test it by yourself:) it doesn't really require a very good source.

http://www.audiocheck.net/soundtests_headphones.php

tupac is probably like 15 years old with excellent ears.
biggrin.gif
  How accurate you think those graphs you've seen for high frequencies are?   I'm curious because BA tend to roll-off pretty early.

Were you looking at the numbers of the frequencies while doing the sweep?

I am 27, and have very average hearing :wink: AJ said he could hear 20k Hz with SE5, I cannot. :frowning2:

I think the graphs are pretty accurate above 10k Hz to my ears, but there might be some uncertainties. 

Actually for most of the cases, when people say A has better "treble extension" than B, DOES NOT mean treble of B cuts off earlier than A. It's about A's treble extension region (about 12k Hz) is relatively more pronounced or rolls low more slowly than B within the whole frequency response, so better imaging focus, micro detail, resolution, etc. Because most high ends CIEMs can easily extend over 19k Hz.

I can also hear above 19K Hz with roxanne, but we have all seen how badly the treble rolls off about 10k Hz (it reached > -20 db after 20 Hz). So even a CIEM that cuts off at 18k, if it rolls off slowly, you will still feel it extends better than roxanne, because the details are easier to be heard. 

Aug 25, 2014 at 1:30 AM Post #1,460 of 4,065
At normal listening level I can't hear anything above 16 kHz. I assume that this threshold is commom for people around their 30s. So...
Tupac0306 quick question - while doing treble extension test for test tones let's say above 14kHz do you use the same volume level as for the tone of 1kHz? If yes then you have a superb hearing. If not and you simply increase the volume level to see whether you can hear sth above certain kHz then I can do the same, but in such a case this test is irrelevant since any sound in the region which is not audible without the increased volume level can't be heard while playing the music:wink:

Aug 25, 2014 at 4:34 AM Post #1,461 of 4,065
At normal listening level I can't hear anything above 16 kHz. I assume that this threshold is commom for people around their 30s. So...
Tupac0306 quick question - while doing treble extension test for test tones let's say above 14kHz do you use the same volume level as for tone of 1kHz? If yes then you have superb hearing. If not and you simply increase the volume level to see whether you can hear sth above certain kHz then I can do the same, but in such a case this test is not relevant since any sound in the region which is not audible without increased volume level can't heard while playing the music:wink:

Without increasing the volume. I can hear until 19.4-5k Hz. The volume is about the same below 18k Hz. Above 18.5 k, it feels like someone knocked you out. :) 

Sep 4, 2014 at 8:05 AM Post #1,462 of 4,065
Hello there, just ordered Music One, I am so excited, just can't wait to hear and watch my new toy :).
It was hard decision to pick M1 or M2, but finally decided to go with M1 as I think they will be better choice for my music taste. This will be my first Custom IEM.

BTW its my first post here, so HI EVERYONE.

Sep 4, 2014 at 8:23 AM Post #1,463 of 4,065
  Hello there, just ordered Music One, I am so excited, just can't wait to hear and watch my new toy :).
It was hard decision to pick M1 or M2, but finally decided to go with M1 as I think they will be better choice for my music taste. This will be my first Custom IEM.

BTW its my first post here, so HI EVERYONE.

welcome to the family! i can't wait to receive my music two which should arrive early next week.

and thumbs up to peter for his superb and excellent customer service!!

Sep 4, 2014 at 9:30 AM Post #1,464 of 4,065

welcome to the family! i can't wait to receive my music two which should arrive early next week.

and thumbs up to peter for his superb and excellent customer service!!

I'm so jealous :). And yes, I confirm that Piotrek has superb and excellent customer service!

Now I am looking for best DAP (universal, for portable and home use). Already sold my X5 and DX90 but thinking about coming back, maybe AK100 (first).

Sep 4, 2014 at 4:06 PM Post #1,465 of 4,065
I'm so jealous :). And yes, I confirm that Piotrek has superb and excellent customer service!

Now I am looking for best DAP (universal, for portable and home use). Already sold my X5 and DX90 but thinking about coming back, maybe AK100 (first).

+1,truly outstanding and a great guy:thumbsup:

Sep 4, 2014 at 4:18 PM Post #1,466 of 4,065
We should stop saying that.....he'll have too much orders to look after us in priority if we keep praising and chanting.....

:wink:

Sep 5, 2014 at 4:40 AM Post #1,467 of 4,065
Recently I placed a special order with Peter (at least special for me:D). I should be getting these CIEMs at the end of next weeek. Moreover, I will place a second special order with Peter at the beginning of October:D (again, at least special for me:D). The split is mainly due to money issues, but I already agreed the details of both orders with Perer.
I'm saying this just because again it was a great pleasure to deal with Peter. We exchanged a tons of emails, I literally bombarded him with hundred of questions. Yet he responded to my every single email and he did not tell me to **** off:D (he could since a had a lot of questions). Everything went in very friendly way. Thanks Peter. The customer service of Custom Art is truly exceptional.

:beerchug:

Sep 5, 2014 at 5:17 AM Post #1,468 of 4,065
Recently I placed a special order with Peter (at least special for me:D). I should be getting these CIEMs at the end of next weeek. Moreover, I will place a second special order with Peter at the beginning of October:D (again, at least special for me:D). The split is mainly due to money issues, but I already agreed the details of both orders with Perer.
I'm saying this just because again it was a great pleasure to deal with Peter. We exchanged a tons of emails, I literally bombarded him with hundred of questions. Yet he responded to my every single email and he did not tell me to **** off:D (he could since a had a lot of questions). Everything went in very friendly way. Thanks Peter. The customer service of Custom Art is truly exceptional.

:beerchug:

Well. I totally agree with you. Possible to share more detail about your two special orders?

Sep 5, 2014 at 5:33 AM Post #1,469 of 4,065
Yes, of course.

The first order is the CIEMs which from the beginning of my journey to the CIEM world I always wanted to have i.e. Spiral Ear 5way. Peter is doing a remold of 5ways.

The second order will be Harmony 8 Pro in acrylic shell.

Sep 5, 2014 at 8:02 AM Post #1,470 of 4,065
Yes, of course.

The first order is the CIEMs which from the beginning of my journey to the CIEM world I always wanted to have i.e. Spiral Ear 5way. Peter is doing a remold of 5ways.

The second order will be Harmony 8 Pro in acrylic shell.

Congrats on both ciems, absolutely spectacular choices.

Though I wanna ask, why acrylic H8P over silicone?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back