New custom IEM company - Custom Art: discussion, review, and impressions thread
Jun 11, 2013 at 3:28 PM Post #121 of 4,065
Quote:
Thank you tomscy for your first impressions!

Yes there are some bubbles in tomscy's shell, unfortunately sometimes it's inevitable although I try to make my shells as bubble-less as possible!

i don't mind about bubbles....unless it changes something for the isolation? If not, i think it's even quite nice...makes them kind of unique....

smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 11, 2013 at 4:01 PM Post #123 of 4,065
tomscy2000, how is the pro series cable quality compared to Copper Two cable in your cable review?

Jun 11, 2013 at 10:54 PM Post #124 of 4,065
The Custom Art site is now functioning properly providing clear information on the products available.

This leads me to a question: Would it be possible to order the Pro 330 with the Copperline cable?

Jun 12, 2013 at 12:24 AM Post #125 of 4,065
Is tomorrow the last day of the introductory pricing? June 12th?

Jun 12, 2013 at 12:45 AM Post #126 of 4,065
Quote:
  tomscy2000, how is the pro series cable quality compared to Copper Two cable in your cable review?

The CopperTwo is actually softer, but like I mentioned in the review, sometimes it feels too soft, especially with the nylon sleeving, which makes the cable a little more prone to tangling -- think of shoelaces. That's basically how soft the CopperTwo is. The flexibility of the cable on the Pro100 is closer to what I'd call ideal --- soft and without memory, but still has a little bit of springiness. In terms of thickness, I'd personally prefer it to be slightly thicker to feel greater peace of mind, but that's just a personal thing.

Jun 13, 2013 at 10:31 AM Post #129 of 4,065
I tried the Pro100 with an inline 64 ohm resistor and 100 ohm resistor adapter today; TBH, I don't know if it's necessary; yes, the sound becomes more linear, the mids sound slightly more detailed, and the bass becomes truly flat-sounding (a little too much so for many, probably), but the treble goes from delicate and refined-sounding to almost bordering on harsh (though not quite full-blown yet). It'll probably be useful for sound engineers that want a DF-style response and need to monitor for treble smoothness, but for everyday listening, I'd go with the stock response. Nevertheless I bought the 64 ohm adapter for experimentation. The 100 ohm was too much.

Jun 13, 2013 at 11:40 AM Post #130 of 4,065
Quote:
I tried the Pro100 with an inline 64 ohm resistor and 100 ohm resistor adapter today; TBH, I don't know if it's necessary; yes, the sound becomes more linear, the mids sound slightly more detailed, and the bass becomes truly flat-sounding (a little too much so for many, probably), but the treble goes from delicate and refined-sounding to almost bordering on harsh (though not quite full-blown yet). It'll probably be useful for sound engineers that want a DF-style response and need to monitor for treble smoothness, but for everyday listening, I'd go with the stock response. Nevertheless I bought the 64 ohm adapter for experimentation. The 100 ohm was too much.

I usually avoid EQ and it's very unlikely I'd be using resistors to alter sound.  I buy my IEMs with the hope that they've been carefully tuned to be enjoyable without modification.  I should not need to swap cables (and thankfully with CIEMS I don't need to tip roll) or make physical alterations.  I do understand that for another subset of hobbyists these experiments are enjoyable but what I really want to know is how something sounds out of the box.

Jun 13, 2013 at 12:49 PM Post #131 of 4,065
Quote:
  I usually avoid EQ and it's very unlikely I'd be using resistors to alter sound.  I buy my IEMs with the hope that they've been carefully tuned to be enjoyable without modification.  I should not need to swap cables (and thankfully with CIEMS I don't need to tip roll) or make physical alterations.  I do understand that for another subset of hobbyists these experiments are enjoyable but what I really want to know is how something sounds out of the box.

I should add that the only reason why I tried an impedance adapter was that the Pro100 is a single-driver IEM. Single BA drivers like the 2356 used in the Pro100 often become more linear in FR when extra resistance is added on. I also tend to listen to music at very low volumes at my desk, so I value the use of extra resistance to give me more play on the volume pot.

You ordered the Pro330, which will change in a different (and fairly unpredictable) way with added resistance, so yes, my little tidbit about using a resistance adapter probably doesn't apply, but for people who are considering either the Pro100 or the Music One, it might be something that's worth considering.

Jun 14, 2013 at 12:58 PM Post #135 of 4,065
Quote:
Not yet. Still going on till 26th.

Quote:
You're lucky, it was recently extended.

Check out their site or facebook page for details.

I don't have FB but just to follow some companies I can create one. Both of you, thank you very much guys. I will consider gettting one since I def. need something with supreme isolation/comfort, my full sized cans doesn't isolate enough and not actually quite portable (they sound superb though). Pre order prices are indeed sooo tempting so I might give it a shot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back