New custom IEM company - Custom Art: discussion, review, and impressions thread
Aug 27, 2015 at 12:33 AM Post #2,806 of 4,065
6 driver 4 way :scream::scream::scream: and to think I've only just gotten my H8Ps I didn't think the urge to get a new pair would come so soon @@

What is sad about 6 driver 4 way? It is not about the driver count or something, tuning makes ciems awesome. I have heard things with fewer BAs inside that sounds better than many hyped products with 10 12 drivers. I can't give a name about anything as you can guess but what I am trying to say, please just stop prejudging things before you hear them by just looking at their driver count or specs.

Aug 27, 2015 at 1:23 AM Post #2,807 of 4,065
What is sad about 6 driver 4 way? It is not about the driver count or something, tuning makes ciems awesome. I have heard things with fewer BAs inside that sounds better than many hyped products with 10 12 drivers. I can't give a name about anything as you can guess but what I am trying to say, please just stop prejudging things before you hear them by just looking at their driver count or specs.

I probably didn't really make myself clear, the only one sad about 6 driver 4 way is my wallet :p personally I am hyped

EDIT: being a conscript does really hurt your English

Aug 27, 2015 at 6:18 AM Post #2,811 of 4,065
AmberOzl is no conscript ! :joy::joy::joy::joy:

What? lol not sure what you mean but if say that I am in a military mission or something, it will come soon yeah, it is mandatory in where I live unfortunately.

I guess it is a sign that I should start focusing using my English more, since I left Belgium I don't really do much practice.

Edit: Yeah I feel like a stupid now, I misunderstood you sorry mate, apologies
happy_face1.gif

Aug 27, 2015 at 7:09 AM Post #2,814 of 4,065
Ahah no sweat AmberOzL ! (Btw I had forgotten that u re Turkish - my roomate in the US was Turkish too and managed to get out of the mandatory army service but I dont know how he did it)

Yeah there are some ways but I will just go and do man I have been postponing it cuz of my masters for a long time, I have no other ways to postpone it anymore, I think I will be in the army in February.

Anyway, enough with the off topic chat
happy_face1.gif
I wonder how much better this Ei.XX will be compared to Ei.3 I got. Ei.3 is already a serious performer and does some things extremely good. I could just imagine that it will be upgraded/updated version of it.

Aug 27, 2015 at 7:23 AM Post #2,815 of 4,065
Yeah there are some ways but I will just go and do man I have been postponing it cuz of my masters for a long time, I have no other ways to postpone it anymore, I think I will be in the army in February.

Anyway, enough with the off topic chat :happy_face1: I wonder how much better this Ei.XX will be compared to Ei.3 I got. Ei.3 is already a serious performer and does some things extremely good. I could just imagine that it will be upgraded/updated version of it.

I'm more curious how the ei.xx compares to the H8/8P . considering the ei.xx has 2 less drivers but 1 more crossover (I know specs don't mean much), but the usage of super low and super high drivers compared to the 2x full range in the harmony would be interesting.

Aug 27, 2015 at 7:23 AM Post #2,816 of 4,065
Yeah I'm really excited about Ei.xx, because even improving only the trebles in terms of sustain decay Of Ei.3 would alrealdy bring it to a really high level. So if on top of that the mids are cleaned up and densified, it's gonna be crazy !

Aug 27, 2015 at 7:44 AM Post #2,817 of 4,065
I'm more curious how the ei.xx compares to the H8/8P . considering the ei.xx has 2 less drivers but 1 more crossover (I know specs don't mean much), but the usage of super low and super high drivers compared to the 2x full range in the harmony would be interesting.

I just answered this in the Ei.xx thread :)

Aug 27, 2015 at 8:09 AM Post #2,819 of 4,065
Sweet! So its more of a sidegrade.... Now,if I just didn't have so many things I want to buy...

Personally I wouldn't call it side grade either. Harmony 8 would still be better in my book, simply because there much more details and soundstage is more outside of your head while general signature is fairly similar (to 8non-pro).

Aug 27, 2015 at 8:18 AM Post #2,820 of 4,065
Personally I wouldn't call it side grade either. Harmony 8 would still be better in my book, simply because there much more details and soundstage is more outside of your head while general signature is fairly similar (to 8non-pro).

So ei.xx would be more of a ciem you take commuting while h8/8p would be more of one you use in a quieter environment to enjoy music?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back