New Creative Earphones - The Aurvana In-Ear 3
Jun 7, 2011 at 1:53 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 51

Zephyron

500+ Head-Fier
Creative's apparently releasing a new set of earphones - The Aurvana 3.

The Aurvana 1 got off to a ho-hum start IMO, wasn't impressed by it, but the Aurvana 2 wasn't bad at all, kinda nice and sweet sounding from what I could remember.

Kinda curious on how this one's gonna sound like =)

ie3jpg.png

http://vr-zone.com/articles/creative-announces-new-aurvana-in-ear3-earphones-for-consumers/12557.html

Jun 7, 2011 at 3:12 PM Post #3 of 51
If Creative decides to use the same wire as the In-ear2, I hope they put memory wire on these, or at least include earguides since these look like theyre meant to be worn over the ear...the wire on my In-ear2s are stiff as a mug after a few months of use
redface.gif

Jun 7, 2011 at 3:40 PM Post #4 of 51
Dual armature at 200 buck price point, and knowing creative these are going to expiriance price slashing quite quickly.
i feel these are going to be direct competition to the phonak 232 and the shure SE315. but being creative. you´re going to have to excuse me for needing to hear them before beliving.

Jun 7, 2011 at 4:08 PM Post #5 of 51
S$199 = 199 Singapore Dollars.

At present rates at this time I'm typing, that's US$162.20 inclusive of tax.

Its gonna be hard, especially competing with the VSonic GR07 at that price point.

Jun 7, 2011 at 6:44 PM Post #6 of 51
Interesting! A little V-sonic/Westone hybrid aesthetic but the cable looks thin if that pic is anything to go by. Anyone else thinking another TWFK phone? I agree the price will drop and then they will probably be more appealing to take a chance on. Also agree that we need to hear em' and get confirmation on their performance first. Aurvana 3 vs. B2 showdown? Aurvana 3 vs. W2? Vs. GR07? We'll see....
popcorn.gif

Jun 7, 2011 at 9:42 PM Post #7 of 51

Quote:
...Anyone else thinking another TWFK phone?...

It won't use TWFK, but another Knowles. The kind in ADDIEM with a big bass driver and a small tweeter.

Jun 8, 2011 at 12:41 PM Post #9 of 51
Don't look the same to me. 

Quote:
Dual armature at 200 buck price point, and knowing creative these are going to expiriance price slashing quite quickly.
i feel these are going to be direct competition to the phonak 232 and the shure SE315. but being creative. you´re going to have to excuse me for needing to hear them before beliving.

232 are clearly going to cost a few times more than aurvana and Shures. 

Jun 8, 2011 at 5:04 PM Post #10 of 51

Quote:

Is the SE315 even better than the single driver PFE? Not sure the 232 and 315 are in the same "tier" so to speak. I'm thinking more and more the Aurvana 3 will be Westone 2-like. A good dual driver but not what the SA7 or hopefully the 232 will be.

And thanks, ClieOS on the info.

Jun 9, 2011 at 2:20 PM Post #12 of 51
RSP: €146,-

Source: http://nl.hardware.info/nieuws/23484/creative-lanceert-aurvana-in-ear3-oordopjes

Not bad I think. Hoping for some reviews soon.

Jun 29, 2011 at 3:02 PM Post #13 of 51
These are $149.99 plus free shipping from Creative so not a bad deal. Metal housings and here is the exploded...

They made them essentially dual bore keeping them separate with a partition. Actually since the housing is metal and they come with 8 pairs of tips and a decent case and some interesting design thought was put in, these just might really be worth checking out.
http://us.store.creative.com/Aurvana-InEar3-Black/M/B004SNCZ3K.htm

Jun 29, 2011 at 3:47 PM Post #15 of 51
Well they are in-stock. Anyone wanna go ahead and take one for the team, then come back with a new FOTM-creating review?

If no one's up for it...then I might have to...Although CK10 SE535 GR07 ER4-PT in 2 month is a bit taxing on my wallet
gs1000.gif
might have to wait a while for it to get fat again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back