New - Cowon Plenue S
Jun 16, 2016 at 3:08 AM Post #571 of 1,158
sorry never had anything like this - I have had issues where the artwork associated with a track (or the time elapsed) doesn't display when the screen has been asleep but the recent FW upgrades seem to have dealt with that - is this related to a particular file format? is the file on an SD card not the internal memory? are you using latest FW? are you using SE or balanced connection (and can you swap to see if the problem remains)?
my PS is updated for latest v1.1
What I remember was while last played both m4a/wav48 on the external 200GB Sandisk thru the balanced port then I unplug the phone jack for few hrs (but I aware the PS still playing because few hrs back I touch PS and felt it was warm). Reason I do unplug is what I learned from my previous PM which would go completely off a while later the phone jack is unplug - apparently PS would not do so as PM since this isn't 1st time I noticed PS still run music after unplug.

Back to the 'silent' PS with two phone out no sounds, I was thought it is because playing some file format not supported by PS, but this case I am sure the files playing are readable during the past days.

I had the 'no sound out' experience from Grace m9xx via TOSLINK, which m9xx would automatically stop when music file is higher than 96K bit rate....... But this shouldn't be the case happened in the PS I think

Jun 16, 2016 at 6:35 AM Post #572 of 1,158
Hi, 

does anyone listen from the PS with the MrSpeakers ETHER C? I suppose the PS has enough power to amp them, they don´t need that much, but how do they pair? How do they sound?

Both the open and closed work well with the s
Unless you have quiet environment go with the closed - to me the closed back may be strangely have a deeper soundstage..

Jun 16, 2016 at 9:44 AM Post #574 of 1,158
my PS is updated for latest v1.1
What I remember was while last played both m4a/wav48 on the external 200GB Sandisk thru the balanced port then I unplug the phone jack for few hrs (but I aware the PS still playing because few hrs back I touch PS and felt it was warm). Reason I do unplug is what I learned from my previous PM which would go completely off a while later the phone jack is unplug - apparently PS would not do so as PM since this isn't 1st time I noticed PS still run music after unplug.

Back to the 'silent' PS with two phone out no sounds, I was thought it is because playing some file format not supported by PS, but this case I am sure the files playing are readable during the past days.

I had the 'no sound out' experience from Grace m9xx via TOSLINK, which m9xx would automatically stop when music file is higher than 96K bit rate....... But this shouldn't be the case happened in the PS I think
My new PS go 'silence' again just now after charging 2hrs I tend to playback the DSD128 thru the normal phone jack (the music folder are all from internal flash memory). Then I go another music folder for plackback iso file but still no sounds out (but screen showing song track is playing). I again switched the file to M4a and problem went away - sound play normally! I then go back to playback the dsd128 again but the silent issue is no longer exist!

Jun 17, 2016 at 8:28 AM Post #575 of 1,158
Hi all,

Quick question: I set 3 different kinds of equalizers depending on which type of music I am listening to. Now it is highly disturbing to manually switch between the eqs when a new song starts. Is it possible to fix the equalizer for the songs, such that the plenue S remembers the individual choice?

Thanks!

Jun 17, 2016 at 9:37 AM Post #576 of 1,158
Hi all,

Quick question: I set 3 different kinds of equalizers depending on which type of music I am listening to. Now it is highly disturbing to manually switch between the eqs when a new song starts. Is it possible to fix the equalizer for the songs, such that the plenue S remembers the individual choice?

Thanks!

No afraid not

aren't you more likely to have one EQ set for the album/gig you are listening to rather than by song?

Jun 17, 2016 at 10:39 AM Post #578 of 1,158
Sure, that would be sufficient. Is it possible to set an EQ for an artist / a whole album / a genre?

no - all you can do is save up to 16 user presets and then you need to remember which is which - I wish you could apply a preset to a set of music like you can in iTunes (or even just rename the presets to something meaningful) but you can't so you need to remember which is a pain... perhaps in a future FW upgrade?

Jun 17, 2016 at 11:09 AM Post #579 of 1,158
no - all you can do is save up to 16 user presets and then you need to remember which is which - I wish you could apply a preset to a set of music like you can in iTunes (or even just rename the presets to something meaningful) but you can't so you need to remember which is a pain... perhaps in a future FW upgrade?
I concur UI and JetEffect of Plenue is one reason I dropped ak and others. Look forward next firmware to surprise us......

Jun 17, 2016 at 11:21 AM Post #580 of 1,158
I concur UI and JetEffect of Plenue is one reason I dropped ak and others. Look forward next firmware to surprise us......
AKs EQ is very bad.

Jun 17, 2016 at 11:06 PM Post #581 of 1,158
Dear Forum Members,
I have 3 questions since I am looking to buy the PS:
1. Does the package come along with the leather case or does one have to purchase it separately?
    I am looking to buy it in Amazon/ebay, but they do not specify the box contents.
2. Since it does not support bluetooth or wi-fi - how do the Firmware updates happen? do you need to do it manually by downloading it onto a computer and then transferring it through the USB cable?
3. I currently have a Sennheiser HD 650 (un-balanced) - I would like to have a balanced cable for HD 650 which is having a 3.5 mm jack so that it is compatible with the PS
   Any links or pointers how to buy such a balanced cable?

Appreciate your help in advance!

Jun 17, 2016 at 11:29 PM Post #582 of 1,158
Dear Forum Members,

I have 3 questions since I am looking to buy the PS:

1. Does the package come along with the leather case or does one have to purchase it separately?

I am looking to buy it in Amazon/ebay, but they do not specify the box contents.
2. Since it does not support bluetooth or wi-fi - how do the Firmware updates happen? do you need to do it manually by downloading it onto a computer and then transferring it through the USB cable?
3. I currently have a Sennheiser HD 650 (un-balanced) - I would like to have a balanced cable for HD 650 which is having a 3.5 mm jack so that it is compatible with the PS
   Any links or pointers how to buy such a balanced cable?

Appreciate your help in advance!

Hi!

1. Both leather case and screen saver are included in the package when you buy your player.

2. Updates are super easy to carry out. You get a file on the official webpage and copy it via cable to the main directory of the player. Once disconnected the player automatically updates its firmware.

3. I'll pass that one to the other members :wink:

Jun 18, 2016 at 3:04 AM Post #584 of 1,158
Hi!

1. Both leather case and screen saver are included in the package when you buy your player.

2. Updates are super easy to carry out. You get a file on the official webpage and copy it via cable to the main directory of the player. Once disconnected the player automatically updates its firmware.

3. I'll pass that one to the other members
wink.gif

don't seen screen saver in the pacage

Users who are viewing this thread

Back