1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

New - Cowon Plenue S

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by tiddlywinks, Dec 8, 2015.
First

Back
61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70
72 73
Next

Last
  1. dsrk
    I was very interested in getting PS when it was available on Amazon for $699 which was very good price for PS. But I ended up buying FiiO X7II just because it's available in India and runs on Android, I always wanted to get the PS instead I ordered PM2 yesterday.
    Please compare PS to PM2.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2019
    someyoungguy likes this.
  2. jmills8
    PM2 is great.

dsrk likes this.
  3. someyoungguy
    That's a good price for the PS new. There's so many players out there now, hard to choose which to go for!

dsrk likes this.
  4. john1711
    The Plenue S is a gem and can hold its own against other flagships such as the Lotoo PAW Gold Touch.

Nayparm likes this.
  5. Nayparm
    Seriously good dap :L3000:

jmills8 likes this.
  6. jmills8
    You had one.

7. Nayparm
    I have one again lol, I got a batch of plenues in for ebay, but couldn't resist picking out a few for me.

So I have M2 (with dac upgraded) P2, P2mkii, PS, (P2mkii is the only one I haven't had twice lol) I've had 2 x Plenue L also, would have another but still too expensive.

jmills8 likes this.
  8. Nayparm
    Plenue S sounds way better than i remember :L3000:

someyoungguy and jmills8 like this.
  9. jmills8
    All those Cowons are my fav for on the go.

10. john1711
    Has the apex of DAP sound quality peaked? The degree of perceptible sonic differences between flagship models is so modest that any differentiating characteristics almost boil down to a matter of personal preference.

11. jmills8
    I am your real dad. I am your uncle who really is your dad. Lance just thinks he is your dad.

12. JDominic
    jmills8 - if I already own the Plenue D, would adding the Plenue R or P2 be a waste of money?
    If not, which of those 2 would you pick??

13. jmills8
    P2 would be a good try. Its detailed but if you want it to have more of this or that then eq.

JDominic likes this.
  14. someyoungguy
    Even though they’re all called Plenue, I think of the larger screen players and the smaller ones like two different line-ups.

Going from a small screen player like the D2 to a larger one like the R or P2 you’ll get a more fluid UI with better scrolling and better image quality. Also the larger players can be used as a USB DAC* which the smaller players can’t, and the JetEffect has 10-band EQ instead of 5-band on the D2 and smaller players.

Even though the small players have better battery life, I do prefer the larger players - they’re still small enough to fit in the hand or pocket easily, but more “mature” players in a way. The R is actually also the only Plenue with Bluetooth (although only Bluetooth version 3). It’s only a bit more expensive than the D2 and is pretty good value for money, but the P2 has more output power.

* Note that with USB DAC mode you can’t use JetEffects. Also it has a slight audio delay so can’t be used for streaming video.

JDominic likes this.
  15. Nayparm
    P2 for sure :wink:

jmills8 likes this.
First

Back
61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70
72 73
Next

Last