New - Cowon Plenue S
Oct 19, 2016 at 1:59 AM Post #796 of 1,158
  My bad, I sort of missed that point in the post above, about the no-data cable, read that too fast. Sorry.
Still, how hard can it be to offer the choice to charge only when connected to a computer? I hardly think it would take a redesign of the whole firmware, so they're probably doing that on purpose, which escapes me. 

Yes. As much as I think the Plenue sounds amazing, I also think that the main reason why it can never reach the popularity of AK or Fiio is because of a very unresponsive technical support.
Certainly this thread doesn't move very much because there is really nothing to talk about other than to say "yes it sounds good".

I still have a few bugs unresolved on the current firmware 1.1 (released 2 June 2016) and I don't expect them to be fixed at this rate, while in the meantime AK has had some huge functionality updates such as USB OTG Transport function and Tidal support, which was never part of the original features to begin with. When I reported some bugs on my AK240 (which I now sold), they fixed it within a month with a new patch.

I still love the Plenue S for what it is, and I don't regret buying it, but I also feel very distant to the actual people designing and building these things.

Oct 19, 2016 at 4:58 AM Post #798 of 1,158
  Do you mind shedding more light on the bugs you noticed and that aren't connected? Thx.

I might have already mentioned it several times in the thread, but more exposure the better, I guess.

1. If you power it off while playing a DSD file, then power it up again to resume playing the same file, it appears to be playing but often I hear no sound. As soon as I skip to another track or browse and choose another file then the sound comes out as usual.

2. It fails to read metadata tags from any single file greater than 2GB (e.g. a very long DSD256/PCM352.8kHz file), so it shows up as "Unknown" title, album, artist, etc. (you can still play it). (The same file works fine on AK, JRiver, Foobar, etc).

3. Some PCM 352.8kHz files exhibit very high white noise background, even though the same file has no noise when played on other DAPs or PC USB DACs.

Those are the three bugs I noticed that annoys me.

There are always more "feature requests" (like that thing about USB charging only mode) but I guess those are more about personal preference and the list will become endless.

The bottom line is that it is a good sounding DAP and I don't find it stressful using it every day.

Nov 11, 2016 at 12:11 PM Post #800 of 1,158
Hey all. Any idea how to stop the auto rotation of the screen?? It's driving me nuts!  
biggrin.gif

Nov 11, 2016 at 2:32 PM Post #802 of 1,158
  The is an option to turn it off. Press setting button and you will see a circle in the right upper corner, press it to turn off rotation

Nice one Andrew. That was starting to really irritate me :)

Nov 11, 2016 at 3:18 PM Post #804 of 1,158
  no problem, is it working now?

Yep. The device is a loaner so I don't have any manual. Surprised I missed that sitting there though. Thanks again.

Nov 19, 2016 at 12:39 PM Post #806 of 1,158
Good evening guys!
I have a problem with the player 
touch screen does not respond at all only back buttons and turn on/off button
pinched volume unit untill device turned off but when turned on the same problem apears
made reflash firm don't help
any sugests please?

Nov 20, 2016 at 8:43 AM Post #808 of 1,158
[COLOR=282828]Good evening guys![/COLOR]
[COLOR=282828]I have a problem with the player [/COLOR]
[COLOR=282828]touch screen does not respond at all only back buttons and turn on/off button[/COLOR]
[COLOR=282828]pinched volume unit untill device turned off but when turned on the same problem apears[/COLOR]
[COLOR=282828]made reflash firm don't help[/COLOR]
[COLOR=282828]any sugests please?[/COLOR]

Let's fine grain and start with super simple problem sources.. are you aware of the fact that pushing the power button once disables the screen? In this case you can turn the player on and off, as well as use the side buttons but he whole touch function is disabled. 2 more short pushes enable it again.

Nov 20, 2016 at 9:08 AM Post #809 of 1,158
Let's fine grain and start with super simple problem sources.. are you aware of the fact that pushing the power button once disables the screen? In this case you can turn the player on and off, as well as use the side buttons but he whole touch function is disabled. 2 more short pushes enable it again.

Dan E is right, check in the system if you have Lockscreen disabled

Nov 20, 2016 at 11:01 AM Post #810 of 1,158

tryed 2 and more pushes don't change nothing screen looked only back buttons and turn off/on functions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back