New Cowon Plenue L
Feb 7, 2019 at 3:18 PM Post #152 of 668
Feb 7, 2019 at 8:03 PM Post #155 of 668
FYI I contacted Jet Audio and they say it'll be in stock in a couple of weeks....

Did you ask them about the price?

Feb 7, 2019 at 8:36 PM Post #156 of 668
Where could one buy a unit right now? I am located in Canada and I can only find it on eBay. If anyone in Asia wants to source one for me let me know lol
Try Lets Go Audio in Hong Kong. They have a facebook account. I can ship it but through DHL.

Feb 8, 2019 at 1:05 PM Post #157 of 668
I think the red Dignis case the Plenue L comes with needs its own case :beyersmile:, you just have to look at it and its full of marks and half the red dye has warn off, leaving black underneath, its about a month old and looks like ass :triportsad:

Anyone know of any other cases, do Easecase do one.

Was looking at this http://shop2.dignis.cafe24.com/prod...plenue-l-case/221/?cate_no=85&display_group=1

But don't want another Dignis if I have to bin it after a month.

Last edited:
Feb 8, 2019 at 2:56 PM Post #161 of 668
I think the red Dignis case the Plenue L comes with needs its own case :beyersmile:, you just have to look at it and its full of marks and half the red dye has warn off, leaving black underneath, its about a month old and looks like ass :triportsad:

Anyone know of any other cases, do Easecase do one.

Was looking at this http://shop2.dignis.cafe24.com/prod...plenue-l-case/221/?cate_no=85&display_group=1

But don't want another Dignis if I have to bin it after a month.

Yep, mentioned that in my review :frowning2: Corners have black marks now, gives it a character :p Easecase makes custom cases for every dap, nothing is pre-made, they start working on making the case once you place the order. There is some waiting time, and I'm not sure about the quality.

Feb 9, 2019 at 9:08 PM Post #162 of 668
Indeed, Cowon is playing it safe and copying'n'pasting their old spec. I heard from a few others who pinged me after my review, and 400GB is not an issue. I was even thinking about getting 400GB or maybe one of the non-Sandisk 512GB micro SDs, but I don't even have 100GB of music to fill it with lol!!!! A true test is not only to recognize the high capacity card, but also to be able to access it. So, at this point it's safe to say 400GB is not a problem.

If you do not have more than 256gb of music to test the microsd card, then you should not state that a 400gb card will work. As has been proven with previous Cowon Plenue players, the files greater than the max published limit will not play. This player may be the exception, but unless you test for yourself it's not safe to say.

Feb 9, 2019 at 9:29 PM Post #163 of 668
If you do not have more than 256gb of music to test the microsd card, then you should not state that a 400gb card will work. As has been proven with previous Cowon Plenue players, the files greater than the max published limit will not play. This player may be the exception, but unless you test for yourself it's not safe to say.

That's why I clarified that based on a number of other peoples who tested Plenue L with 400GB card it "should" work, I didn't say I verified it myself and stated that it "will" work. There is a difference between should and will :wink:

Cowon clearly states that it will support SDXC card, meaning it has to meet SD eXtended Capacity standards, and it's OS has to be able to read addresses of flash card memory locations up to 2TB in capacity. Sandisk only released officially 400GB cards, while others already released 512GB, so technology is not there yet. And it's true that even Cowon states in their spec that "compatibility issues might happen with cards over 256GB". That's just playing it safe because they can test and verify with one brand but can't guarantee that another brand will work the same.

Feb 10, 2019 at 11:25 AM Post #164 of 668
Jon Anderson sounding pretty epic on this set up.
20190211_002244.jpg
20190211_002300.jpg
20190211_002324.jpg

Last edited:
Feb 13, 2019 at 8:49 PM Post #165 of 668
Cowon clearly states that it will support SDXC card, meaning it has to meet SD eXtended Capacity standards, and it's OS has to be able to read addresses of flash card memory locations up to 2TB in capacity..

This is incorrect. Here are Sandisk Specs:
https://kb.sandisk.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2520/~/sd/sdhc/sdxc-specifications-and-compatibility

"SDXC capacities range from 64GB to 2TB"

I know for a fact that the Plenue D capacity maxes out at 128GB. It will accept a card with greater capacity, but the files will not appear in the music database. The files will be unplayable when attempting to play through the folder view. JetAudio support sent me an email way back when i bought the D. They told me to upgrade to another player if I need 256gb. Yet, according to the Sandisk specs "SD capacities range from 128MB to 2GB"

Sandisk only released officially 400GB cards, while others already released 512GB, so technology is not there yet. And it's true that even Cowon states in their spec that "compatibility issues might happen with cards over 256GB". That's just playing it safe because they can test and verify with one brand but can't guarantee that another brand will work the same.

It has nothing to do with available capacities, or compability of various brand cards. Cowon intentionally crippled the Plenue D to limit the microsd card to 128GB max. I have seen others on here with newer Plenues that still have the the max limited to less than 400gb.

http://www.cowonglobal.com/product_wide/PLENUEL/product_page_4.php

if you still don't believe me, then contact Cowon support and ask them directly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back