NEW CORDA HEADFIVE: A New Amp to Celebrate Head-Fi's Fifth Anniversary!
Jun 28, 2006 at 11:15 PM Post #527 of 805
Quote:

Originally Posted by DoubleEs
Just got an email back from Jan regarding my amp.....he forgot to post it
confused.gif
confused.gif
confused.gif

Although, I'm somewhat glad;At least now you know what its status is....
rolleyes.gif

So our Headfives designer IS human after all.... It is a gem and worth the bit of extra wait...Your patience will be rewarded in a few short days my friend!!!

/Back to the melodys
580smile.gif

Jun 29, 2006 at 3:51 PM Post #528 of 805
Quote:

Originally Posted by skyline889
this amp however, feels pretty detailed, kind of like my NADs.

Yeah this amp is just like my NADs too, warm detailed and smooth...

Jun 29, 2006 at 10:35 PM Post #530 of 805
Recieved my Headfive #3 on the 23rd before a camping trip so I was unable to listen until I got back home. The agony....

Diggin' my Headfive. Running with 2005 DT 880's and the sound is great, fantastic, awesome. I would say I'm a DT 880 fan, so take it for what its worth. I'm also using the Koss 35 and 55's for shizzles giggles.

Sounds great no matter which phones I'm using, each is an experience unto itself.
tongue.gif

Have not had a chance to side-by-side with my Corda HA-1, but I'd have to say the Headfive is a bit more responsive on the bass right out of the box. Highs are not too bright. Breakin' them all in.

Thanks, Dr. Meier.

Jun 30, 2006 at 1:49 AM Post #531 of 805
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jon.
Yeah this amp is just like my NADs too, warm detailed and smooth...

My NAD 3150, which I use for my headphone rig, isn't warm at all, it's more on the analytical side. The C352 is a bit smoother though, but I only use that one for my speaker rig.

Jun 30, 2006 at 8:41 PM Post #535 of 805
Just like to follow up my initial impressions and say I'm very happy with the say the sound is now the amp has had a little time to burn in. The change hasn't been huge, but pleasant enough.

That LED is very bright though, question is who will be the first to add a resistor?
biggrin.gif

Jun 30, 2006 at 8:44 PM Post #536 of 805
That blue light's really handy if you have it in the bedroom with the lights off. Just enough light to see while the wife snoozes and you can see to turn everyting off when you're finished.
tongue.gif

Ian

Jul 1, 2006 at 4:19 AM Post #538 of 805
Quote:

Originally Posted by mojo
Just like to follow up my initial impressions and say I'm very happy with the say the sound is now the amp has had a little time to burn in. The change hasn't been huge, but pleasant enough.

That LED is very bright though, question is who will be the first to add a resistor?
biggrin.gif

Just do what I did LOL I just stuck the corner of a post it over it...LED's don't heat up, the sticky stuff on post-it's is low adhesion....with the paper over it, it goes from 5 Millon Candle power, instantly to dim....

Jul 1, 2006 at 3:57 PM Post #539 of 805
Have you e-mailed Meier-Audio yet? Perhaps that would be advised @ 14 days ???

Quote:

Originally Posted by _jazz
Anyone in Vancouver, Canada receive their H5 yet? It's been 2 weeks since it's been shipped and still anxiously waiting for it.

Jul 1, 2006 at 4:02 PM Post #540 of 805
After you sweated it out in anticipation and all... I'm glad for you!;-}

Quote:

Originally Posted by DoubleEs
Woohoo, mine arrived yesterday
580smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back