New Concept in Improving Audio Quality!
Apr 6, 2018 at 11:58 AM Post #17 of 26
Enclosure with a nameplate light for $1500 MSRP?

Macintosh, was it your intention to provide direct evidence as to how ridiculously priced your audio products are?

To be completely fair, they make nice stuff. Beautiful objects that are made really well. They cheapen their brand with stuff like this...and their overpriced garbage headphones, and portable DAC/amp.

Apr 6, 2018 at 12:08 PM Post #18 of 26
April 1st is still a day's away, though...

Wow...

I was giving McIntosh the benefit of the doubt, like you were, because I, too, assumed it was an April 1st joke.

As I type this, it's April 6th, and it's still on their website.

Now that it seems to be a 'real' product, I'm cringing at how low McIntosh are stooping, for a fast buck.

Apr 6, 2018 at 1:53 PM Post #19 of 26
To be completely fair, they make nice stuff. Beautiful objects that are made really well. They cheapen their brand with stuff like this...and their overpriced garbage headphones, and portable DAC/amp.

To be accurate, it's not audio quality value they are selling. Audio science would suggest that for a small fraction of the cost of $4500 MacIntosh CD transports and their $5000 stereo speaker amps one can buy audibly transparent CD players and speaker amps. But yeah. They make "nice" looking enclosures, gauges, and lights on their stuff.

Last edited:
Apr 9, 2018 at 8:35 PM Post #23 of 26
u fired! u fired! no u fired!

TBH I was thinking flashy green glowing stuff, they're on Razer's territory. so I went to look for a picture of some Razer product to show how similarly flashy and green if could be. but then I saw that they're offering energy drink with nanobots. sorry McIntosh, you're super green but still a step behind.
Horrifyingly. ..this may be the only current thread with general agreement and good humour.With intelligence usually comes a sense of humour.....c'mon guys

Apr 9, 2018 at 8:37 PM Post #24 of 26
I'm always happy!

Apr 10, 2018 at 2:31 AM Post #26 of 26
I can't be responsible for anyone else's happiness, just my own. I'm here to learn from people. Some people I can learn from, some are clueless. That has nothing to do with me. I get that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back