New Chili Peppers Songs On Aol
Jun 27, 2002 at 12:53 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

BoardC3

500+ Head-Fier
WOW this is the first time ive been able to say that i love aol in about 6 years. keyword artist of the month will bring you to previews of so far 6 songs off their new cd "by the way" and a new one will be up every day. These are pretty good quality songs. this cd is INCREDIBLE to say the least. soooooooo original and it just proves once again that flea is the best bassist ever. for everyone here who has aol youre all so lucky as am i. for all the rest of you this cd comes out july 9th. (ill be the one at best buy 20 minutes before it opens just to make sure i get my copy asap)

Jun 27, 2002 at 2:03 PM Post #2 of 6
Quote:

just proves once again that flea is the best bassist ever.

Maybe the best rock bassist................but he can't touch a good jazz bassist, like, say, Jimmy Garrison, or, even better, Jaco.

Good to hear they've got a new album out though - do you think it tops Blood Sugar Sex Magik?

Californication did, I think, but it was a terrible recording and the music tended to be a bit repetitive.....

Jun 27, 2002 at 3:01 PM Post #4 of 6
i think it tops all theyre albums just because all of its still great but its not at all repetetive. none of the songs sound the same as others on the cd.

Jun 27, 2002 at 4:47 PM Post #5 of 6
Good to hear.....maybe this'll be the first RHCP album I actually purchase. I have listened a lot to BSSM and Californ. but didn't like either enough to buy it......tho Californ was ok, just a bit formulaic and crappy-sounding (
frown.gif
).......thanks for the update.

Jun 27, 2002 at 5:43 PM Post #6 of 6
You can get the whole album from mtv.com, too. Go here -- nine tracks out so far.

I haven't listened to anything but that first single from the new album, which I heard on the radio. Sounds a lot like Californication. Disappointing. It's really too bad they put out one of the best and most original-sounding rock albums ever in Blood Sugar Sex Magik and then turn into something generic and boring on Californication. RHCP was one of my favorite bands up until 2000 ... well, maybe that's being a bit harsh -- I might have liked Californication if it wasn't the Chili Peppers.

kerelybonto

Users who are viewing this thread

Back