New CEntrance DACportable dac-amp
Feb 11, 2017 at 9:26 AM Post #76 of 101
So far I have tried EDM, Salsa, YouTube videos and iTunes movies with the Dacportable. Compared to the Dacport Slim, the portable (lol funny because it's about three times bigger) is more musical and has more amping ability. The slim (to my ears) seems to shine in the mids. The portable has more treble. I used both with the MH40 and AKG K7xx. I still have to try it with my only in ears, the m6 pro.

Mar 6, 2017 at 9:55 AM Post #77 of 101
Sorry if this question has been already asked, but what is the weight of DACportable without the package (just the unit)? I'm just curious about its portability "in the real world".

Mar 6, 2017 at 6:36 PM Post #78 of 101
I haven't weighed it, but it definitely is portable. I use it with my Lumia 950xl all the time, walking to work. I would say lighter than a 5000mah portable battery pack.

Mar 7, 2017 at 4:14 PM Post #79 of 101
  Sorry if this question has been already asked, but what is the weight of DACportable without the package (just the unit)? I'm just curious about its portability "in the real world".

Just weighed the DACportable without cable: 4.3 ounces (or 122 grams ).

Mar 7, 2017 at 4:50 PM Post #80 of 101
Just weighed the DACportable without cable: 4.3 ounces (or 122 grams ).

Thanks a lot! That's pretty lightweight IMHO.

Mar 8, 2017 at 3:22 PM Post #81 of 101
An extra question, please. Can anybody recommend some compact and affordable DAP which can work as a digital USB transport for DACportable? I only found these functions in Shanling M1 and Hidizs AP60.

Apr 29, 2017 at 8:40 PM Post #83 of 101
Just bought my first DAC, new to the world of high quality sound. Heads-up, you can get the CEntrance DACportable Portable DAC Amp on Jet.com for $164.78, free shipping, pay with debit card, waive free returns, use coupon code: SPRING15-fulfilled through Beach Camera.

May 1, 2017 at 6:26 PM Post #84 of 101
Just bought my first DAC, new to the world of high quality sound. Heads-up, you can get the CEntrance DACportable Portable DAC Amp on Jet.com for $164.78, free shipping, pay with debit card, waive free returns, use coupon code: SPRING15-fulfilled through Beach Camera.
Nice!

Jul 8, 2018 at 12:33 PM Post #85 of 101
I thought I'd raise this thread from the dead. I just picked up the DACportable on Audiogon and I must say I am very impressed by it's performance and feature set. I'm not sure why this amp didn't garner more attention when it was released. It's class A, has an excellent DAC chip, has bass and treble boost, it's clean and non fatigue sounding, and it's very portable. I love this device. I miss the iDSD BL I sold a lot less now that I have the DACportable

Jul 15, 2018 at 2:11 PM Post #86 of 101
I thought I'd raise this thread from the dead. I just picked up the DACportable on Audiogon and I must say I am very impressed by it's performance and feature set. I'm not sure why this amp didn't garner more attention when it was released. It's class A, has an excellent DAC chip, has bass and treble boost, it's clean and non fatigue sounding, and it's very portable. I love this device. I miss the iDSD BL I sold a lot less now that I have the DACportable
I have both and I really enjoy the sound out of each of them. Gave my son the Dacport slim I had and he really enjoys it. I do agree that I can't imagine why the Dacportable didn't receive more attention.

Jul 15, 2018 at 3:32 PM Post #87 of 101
I have both and I really enjoy the sound out of each of them. Gave my son the Dacport slim I had and he really enjoys it. I do agree that I can't imagine why the Dacportable didn't receive more attention.
Listening to it now driving my LCDi4's and the pair is fantastic sounding. I love the class A sound in compact package.

Jul 15, 2018 at 3:40 PM Post #88 of 101
The iterative design is possibly why this doesn't get the attention it deserves. DACport slim, DACport HD and DACportable all looked very similar, with confusing name separating each of them. And not much later, there is BlueDAC coming up, with very similar internal I think.

I love CEntrace product, but I must admit their design is not their strength at all. DACportable has great build quality, with so-so design. BlueDAC has the worst build quality of any DAC I had ever own and arguably more practical design, but still... ugh...

At least they sounds good though.

Jul 15, 2018 at 5:21 PM Post #89 of 101
You may be on to something @jeffri. The CEntrance products do all sound good and the DACport series of amps do all share similar traits. The one good thing the DACport series of amps has going for it is they are so easy to transport. For that I give CEntrance a thumbs up. CEntrance keeps building on a platform that works for them and the DACPortable is the best of that series. I like it more than the Hifi-M8 I had. It's hard to knock being able to carry class A sound in your pocket.

Jul 15, 2018 at 7:51 PM Post #90 of 101
The iterative design is possibly why this doesn't get the attention it deserves. DACport slim, DACport HD and DACportable all looked very similar, with confusing name separating each of them. And not much later, there is BlueDAC coming up, with very similar internal I think.

I love CEntrace product, but I must admit their design is not their strength at all. DACportable has great build quality, with so-so design. BlueDAC has the worst build quality of any DAC I had ever own and arguably more practical design, but still... ugh...

At least they sounds good though.
I think the BlueDac is built like that (plastic) for the Bluetooth Receiver they built into it. But yeah the design and looks of the Blue did not appeal to me. I can see the chunkiness of the Dacportable instead of the shape like the OPPO HA-2, which is closer to the shape of a smartphone, as more appealing. That and I think using daps seems to be what more people are reaching for than portable dac/amps plugged into their phone. Outside of my ifi micro BL, I found any cable I used with my Dacportable/Slim with my phones, would move ever so slightly and disconnect from my phone. But the BL is huge compared to the Dacportable. I ended up just getting a LGv30 and not having to fumble with cables and other products plugged into my phone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back