New Cary SACD player (link to pic)
May 17, 2004 at 11:21 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

markl

Hangin' with the monkeys.
Member of the Trade: Lawton Audio
First SACDP from Cary. This pic was posted originally over at audioasylum, I don't think I can just cut and paste the photo, probably not kosher so here's a link:

http://www.audioasylum.com/forums/hi...es/178508.html

Elsewhere in the thread, someone from Positive Feedback posted aboout this player after speaking to Dennis Had of Cary who said it will retail at $6K, Redbook is equivalent to the Cary 306, and it also plays back HDCD. I don't see any indication so far if it does multi-channel or only 2CH SACD.

Can a mod or someone clarify what the rules are for grabbing and pasting pics posted in other forums? Is that a no-no? Would be nice to include it here, but it is a pic taken by an inmate over there, not an official pic from the Cary website or anything like that.

May 18, 2004 at 12:29 AM Post #2 of 7
They do beautiful work
wink.gif
It really is a piece of art...I would hate to have fingerprints and dust all over that...

Something about these silver finishes - doesnt show dust and dirt off as badly as a black finish.

I want someone to re-case my Rudistor RP5
very_evil_smiley.gif
Anodized aluminum all around and a chrome faceplate
eek.gif

but I am going off-topic...

May 18, 2004 at 12:53 AM Post #3 of 7
That's a very pretty cdp. I am disappointed that it's supposedly "just" a 306 w/ SACD, I was hoping for the Redbook section to get enhanced as well. Not that it necessarily needs enhancing, but it would've been nice.

May 18, 2004 at 2:09 AM Post #4 of 7
I wonder if it will make it to the Home Entertainment show this weekend in NY.

Sure does look pretty !

May 18, 2004 at 2:10 AM Post #5 of 7
I saw the OEM player that the Cary is sourced from at CES and it does look awesome. Cary's version has a nicer drawer but the Chinese version has a nicer display and I think they share the same remote. I have no idea how it sounds as it was on static display only.

May 18, 2004 at 11:13 PM Post #7 of 7
It looks just like my silver Cary except the drawer is different and the top part. It looks nicer. A SACD player with redbook on the level of the Cary 306/200 should do pretty good. I'm holding out for the new Audio Aero Prestige.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back