New Cans beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO / 80
Mar 25, 2006 at 5:53 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

bobfa

Head-Fier
I just picked up some new cans for my office rig in development. I had not seen these before DT 770 PRO/80 the cans are 80 Ohms. Has anyone else seen/heard these? The headband has a little 2 x 80 Ohm on them.

Burning in now. I know I should not listen but they interesting. A little strong in the bottom end and a bit strong in the top. I need to order that amp this weekend....

burn baby burn.... Burn-IN that is!

Mar 25, 2006 at 6:37 AM Post #3 of 9
are u kidding? u've spent 850 since joining and never heard of dt 770 b4. wow ur in for some serious
basshead.gif

Mar 25, 2006 at 10:06 AM Post #5 of 9
Since my wife began working third shift and sleeps during the day ,I have re-discovered my dt 770-80s after giving them a break for a while.A good amp really brings out the best in them and they really can sound very good with alot of music.The bass becomes very clean and punchy instead of all over the place if amped properly.

Mar 25, 2006 at 2:40 PM Post #6 of 9
THE primo fun-cans - and you hadn't heard of them before? .............you better not have them modded into screened Darth Beyers or you will end up enjoying them at home and have to find a different pair for work.
evil_smiley.gif

Many times people have to work at getting a pair of dt/770/80 pro..........

Mar 25, 2006 at 2:43 PM Post #7 of 9
Ahhh -80 not /80.. Yes that is it, no wonder I was confused by the way it was shown on the box.
basshead.gif

I have a new Windows box being delivered for work, depending on how it works out a sound card and external amp or something like a total bithead should take care of things. And yes these will fill a small "gaming" role!

$850 is easy to get to with a set of Sure E5c's, the Nano and now the 770 , plus misc stuff

Mar 25, 2006 at 3:44 PM Post #8 of 9
Great headphone, i've had mine for months. I use mine for mostly PC gaming which is very good. The bass provides good explosion sounds and the closed factor makes hearing things around you a lot easier, you become submersed in the game. They are ok for music but as stated many times they are very bass heavy, but it doesn't bother me too much. Although I am looking for an open pair of headphone to use for music listening.

This is only home use, I have this for work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back