NEW - Campfire Comet and Atlas
Feb 19, 2021 at 12:28 AM Post #3,376 of 3,483
Thank you for the reply!

How would you compare Atlas or Vega 2020's Technical capabilities like details, imaging and soundstage as compared to multiple driver sets like MEST, EE Legend Andromeda?

Haven't heard the Vega 2020 but imho the best bang-for-your-buck you're going to get right now combining bass, staging and technicalities is possibly the MEST. Andromeda is a totally different sort of sound. Legend is a beast but $$. I've owned/extensively demoed everything under discussion here except the Vega so feel free to ask more specific questions if you want.

Edit: Also hopefully some of the Dorado owners like @Tristy and @mashuto could chime in. The Dorado 2020 is the IEM I'm most curious about at the present moment. Campfire IEMs are not primarily known for their raw technical prowess but what they do (for me personally) better than most other companies is go for that balanced, more holistic "je ne sais quoi" factor that lends their best products a certain quality of fun, engagement and (for lack of a better word) humanity that-- combined with their appealing sustainable asesthetic and peerless build quality-- makes them quite irresistible to me.

Last edited:
Feb 19, 2021 at 6:25 AM Post #3,377 of 3,483
Haven't heard the Vega 2020 but imho the best bang-for-your-buck you're going to get right now combining bass, staging and technicalities is possibly the MEST. Andromeda is a totally different sort of sound. Legend is a beast but $$. I've owned/extensively demoed everything under discussion here except the Vega so feel free to ask more specific questions if you want.

Edit: Also hopefully some of the Dorado owners like @Tristy and @mashuto could chime in. The Dorado 2020 is the IEM I'm most curious about at the present moment. Campfire IEMs are not primarily known for their raw technical prowess but what they do (for me personally) better than most other companies is go for that balanced, more holistic "je ne sais quoi" factor that lends their best products a certain quality of fun, engagement and (for lack of a better word) humanity that-- combined with their appealing sustainable asesthetic and peerless build quality-- makes them quite irresistible to me.
I don’t think there’s much more to add, Rock hit the nail on the head imo. Campfire’s “bass” focused IEM line shall we call it, despite being technically competent in their own right from a single DD perspective (or in the Dorado 2020’s case 1 DD, 1BA), tend to have a different focus in mind than the other IEM’s mentioned.

No IEM can escape the limitations of a single driver design from my experience but they come with their own charms. The Dorado 2020 has been the best so far at providing an amalgamation of the things I love about this line while adding an extra layer of refinement and technical ability afforded by the BA. Ultimately, it is still designed to provide a fun, visceral listen that grabs you by the b*lls and it achieves this well. Atlas is still a great IEM for what it does, being extremely engaging and visceral albeit not as refined or versatile as the Dorado 2020. Atlas has slightly more bass than the D2020 and a peakier treble but both are unmistakably close kin. The Vega 2020 is a bit of a different beast, think smooth, lush and thick with more of a mid bass focus which is great with male vocals, synth based genres and does surprising well with DNB and metal.

If you are looking for a high level of technical chops plus a boosted bass I think you would be disappointed with the Atlas and Vega 2020. They are both very good in this respect don’t get me wrong, but they can’t compete with the multiple BA and DD designs. What they do accomplish over these designs is engagement. Atlas is still the most engaging IEM I’ve heard thus far very closely followed by Dorado 2020. The dorado treads the line between 2 worlds but still sits within the fun and visceral camp. For very high technical ability + a boosted bass response I would look into the Legend X which is a technical powerhouse or the 64 audio. For s**t your pants bass and surprisingly good treble I’d look at the Atlas. For a more niche listen which is good for longer listening I’d look at the Vega 2020. For a versatile Atlas + a dollop of technical ability I’d look at the Dorado 2020.

Last edited:
Feb 19, 2021 at 9:48 PM Post #3,378 of 3,483
Atlas pairs well with the Leonidas II and some EQ. Still some of the most real vocals I've heard out of any iem/headphone. Don't forget that wonderful treble that pushes so much air for a tall wide sounstage.

I'm in the mood for trying out the EE LX but not for the price. I'll stick with my Atlas and probably wait for a new CF Atlas or new DD model this year.

Feb 20, 2021 at 1:13 AM Post #3,379 of 3,483
I have yet to try the atlas with the leo 2 but i tried the leo 2 a few years back with my zeus and it was very lovely. But i can also say the same with the dhc clone silver 22awg. I love how cozy it sounds with the atlas. It's not the widest sounding but it is very tall. Have not looked for any other upgrades after trying these. My only gripe with this combo is the cable y split is rather weighty but it can easily be remedied by using it around the ear :). Hope you all are having a great day!

Last edited:
Jun 12, 2021 at 11:29 AM Post #3,380 of 3,483
Jul 10, 2021 at 11:58 PM Post #3,381 of 3,483
I really hope CFA bring a new comet out. I loved my pair but had to send them back due to a fault and they couldn’t give me a replacement as no more stock. It’s a great iem at the price point.

Jul 11, 2021 at 12:28 AM Post #3,382 of 3,483
I really hope CFA bring a new comet out. I loved my pair but had to send them back due to a fault and they couldn’t give me a replacement as no more stock. It’s a great iem at the price point.
I think satsuma is the new comet

Jul 11, 2021 at 3:38 AM Post #3,384 of 3,483
Not really as its in a totally different price bracket and its a single BA rather than a single DD.
Since when comet is a single DD?

Jul 11, 2021 at 3:42 AM Post #3,386 of 3,483
Comet
$199
single full range ported BA

Satsuma
$199
Single full range ported BA

*i keep mixing up the Satsuma and Honeydew too :)

———————————-

@ryanjsoo of everyday listening freq chart

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/campfire-audio-satsuma-and-honeydew.958323/#post-16419229

634C854A-AC26-4B04-A206-FBC05DA60907.png

Last edited:
Jul 11, 2021 at 5:27 AM Post #3,388 of 3,483
I got a brand new pair in my closed, I can't use them because the nozzle diameter is to large for my ears, but they sound really good. :sob:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back