NEW - Campfire Comet and Atlas
Jun 24, 2020 at 6:38 PM Post #3,271 of 3,483
Last edited:
Jul 8, 2020 at 9:26 AM Post #3,272 of 3,483
So I do this weird thing with my iems where i don't listen to anything for weeks to test how they would sound if I was listening to them for the first time (to simulate how a person would hear it during meets). A lot has failed to make a lasting first impression but luckily the atlas is not one of them. She just sounds so grand, smooth, engaging, and fun! It will surely be a fun night lol. One thing i can say is that it is very quirky, from the design to the weight to the sound it is not for everyone.

Also I'm not using the DHC symbiote sp v3 silver litz not the stock cable (never liked the stock cable thought it sounded too boring since it was all bass). Also using the final audio type e tips.

Last edited:
Jul 24, 2020 at 10:19 PM Post #3,273 of 3,483
So I do this weird thing with my iems where i don't listen to anything for weeks to test how they would sound if I was listening to them for the first time (to simulate how a person would hear it during meets). A lot has failed to make a lasting first impression but luckily the atlas is not one of them. She just sounds so grand, smooth, engaging, and fun! It will surely be a fun night lol. One thing i can say is that it is very quirky, from the design to the weight to the sound it is not for everyone.

Also I'm not using the DHC symbiote sp v3 silver litz not the stock cable (never liked the stock cable thought it sounded too boring since it was all bass). Also using the final audio type e tips.
I did something similar and can say the Atlas are really enjoyable and fun to listen to. The Atlas really excel with modern music

Jul 27, 2020 at 12:10 PM Post #3,274 of 3,483
Hey all - I just got the Atlas and found it in desperate need of burn-in. After about 24 hours bass in tightening up and mids are less recessed. I think they sound fantastic with the CA silicone tips, good the CA marshmallow tips, but pretty awful with the Final Audio Tips. My issue is the Final Audio tips fit me much better. Anyone have a similar experience with the Atlas and any recommendations on alternative tips. Much thanks.

Jul 27, 2020 at 12:17 PM Post #3,275 of 3,483
Hey all - I just got the Atlas and found it in desperate need of burn-in. After about 24 hours bass in tightening up and mids are less recessed. I think they sound fantastic with the CA silicone tips, good the CA marshmallow tips, but pretty awful with the Final Audio Tips. My issue is the Final Audio tips fit me much better. Anyone have a similar experience with the Atlas and any recommendations on alternative tips. Much thanks.

I preferred the Symbio F foam tips when I had them. I also imagine the the new Xelastic tips would work very well with them.

Jul 27, 2020 at 2:37 PM Post #3,277 of 3,483
Thanks, just loaded up on the all tips Symbio to give them all a try. Any idea where online one might purchase the Xelastic tips. The google machine is online showing me Japanese websites. Domo.
i bought them from MTMT audio which I think is based in HK. Really fast shipping here to the UK... not cheap though.

Jul 27, 2020 at 3:45 PM Post #3,278 of 3,483
Thanks, just loaded up on the all tips Symbio to give them all a try. Any idea where online one might purchase the Xelastic tips. The google machine is online showing me Japanese websites. Domo.
amazon.com has the multipacks.

Jul 27, 2020 at 9:44 PM Post #3,279 of 3,483
I've heard good things about spin-fit tips, I personally use them for my KSE1200's and they clear up the sound a lot. I have not tried with the Atlas' though.

Jul 28, 2020 at 4:58 AM Post #3,280 of 3,483
Thinking about getting snugs custom tips for the comets as I have a set of digital files for impressions. Thing is they are nearly half the price of the comets

Jul 28, 2020 at 10:36 PM Post #3,281 of 3,483
I’d like to recommend JVC’s Spiral Dots (EP-FX9MS-B). The wide bore allows more highs through, while providing a good seal for some solid sub-base! I initially had some fit issues, and tried a ton of tips. But I kept working with them, and now I can wear them all day.

These IEM get better with time - I’ve got at least 150 hours on mine and they are aging like a fine wine. Really love them with classic rock...Pink Floyd is sublime! They are a bargain buy that requires a little patience...

Jul 29, 2020 at 12:17 AM Post #3,282 of 3,483
I’d like to recommend JVC’s Spiral Dots (EP-FX9MS-B). The wide bore allows more highs through, while providing a good seal for some solid sub-base! I initially had some fit issues, and tried a ton of tips. But I kept working with them, and now I can wear them all day.

These IEM get better with time - I’ve got at least 150 hours on mine and they are aging like a fine wine. Really love them with classic rock...Pink Floyd is sublime! They are a bargain buy that requires a little patience...

Yep. Spiral Dots with the ATLAS FTW... Spiral Dots ++ if you can get them.

Aug 2, 2020 at 3:13 AM Post #3,283 of 3,483
I’ve got Vegas, but they’ve succumbed to the adhesive failing and CA have very kindly said I can swap them for Atlas...

BUT... the reason I got Vegas in the first place was because they’re so small and compact. I’m now worried that the Atlas won’t fit?

what do you guys think?

Aug 2, 2020 at 9:22 AM Post #3,284 of 3,483
I’ve got Vegas, but they’ve succumbed to the adhesive failing and CA have very kindly said I can swap them for Atlas...

BUT... the reason I got Vegas in the first place was because they’re so small and compact. I’m now worried that the Atlas won’t fit?

what do you guys think?
Unless you have very small ears the Atlas will fit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back