NEW - Campfire Comet and Atlas
Jun 10, 2019 at 11:57 AM Post #2,806 of 3,483
I’m using crystalline audio tips exclusively.

Jun 10, 2019 at 12:06 PM Post #2,807 of 3,483
eGw2PJhn_o.jpg

Xposting my rig pic from another thread to shamelessly plug adv custom tips - they're amazing

Jun 10, 2019 at 1:03 PM Post #2,808 of 3,483
Looking for some advice or any similar experiences. I bought a pair of the open-box CA Atlas IEMs during the Memorial Day sale. They worked great up until yesterday, when the sound volume dropped off sharply in one earpiece. I thought it might be a blocked vent or debris in the grill, but there was nothing obvious. I switched the cable around and the problem followed the earpiece, ruling out a cable or source issue.

Is there anything I can attempt to do to fix the problem? I have an email in to ALO/CA but haven't heard anything back yet. I know they stand behind their products, so I'm hopeful they'll be able to help out.

Jun 12, 2019 at 5:06 PM Post #2,810 of 3,483
Looking for some advice or any similar experiences. I bought a pair of the open-box CA Atlas IEMs during the Memorial Day sale. They worked great up until yesterday, when the sound volume dropped off sharply in one earpiece. I thought it might be a blocked vent or debris in the grill, but there was nothing obvious. I switched the cable around and the problem followed the earpiece, ruling out a cable or source issue.

Is there anything I can attempt to do to fix the problem? I have an email in to ALO/CA but haven't heard anything back yet. I know they stand behind their products, so I'm hopeful they'll be able to help out.
Just curious - did CA help you out with this in the end?

Jun 12, 2019 at 5:19 PM Post #2,811 of 3,483
Just curious - did CA help you out with this in the end?

I emailed a couple times and hadn't heard back, so I gave them a call yesterday. I told them what was going on and they sent me a return label, saying they'd take a look and either fix or replace the earpiece. They also followed up on the emails soon after.

So the Atlas is in the mail as of this morning. I'll report back what the outcome is. I'm suffering a bit of withdrawal after having enjoyed listening to them for a few weeks. Looking forward to having them back and in full working condition.

Jun 12, 2019 at 5:25 PM Post #2,812 of 3,483
Jun 12, 2019 at 6:13 PM Post #2,813 of 3,483
I emailed a couple times and hadn't heard back, so I gave them a call yesterday. I told them what was going on and they sent me a return label, saying they'd take a look and either fix or replace the earpiece. They also followed up on the emails soon after.

So the Atlas is in the mail as of this morning. I'll report back what the outcome is. I'm suffering a bit of withdrawal after having enjoyed listening to them for a few weeks. Looking forward to having them back and in full working condition.
that's not bad since you'll end up sorted either way :) hang tight

Jun 12, 2019 at 6:27 PM Post #2,814 of 3,483
Just pulled the trigger on the Atlas B-Stock, can't wait to join the club! I also just ordered custom ear tips for it from ADV-Sound, a bit risky since I haven't even heard the Atlas yet...but what the heck, you only live once.

Jun 12, 2019 at 7:41 PM Post #2,815 of 3,483
Just pulled the trigger on the Atlas B-Stock, can't wait to join the club! I also just ordered custom ear tips for it from ADV-Sound, a bit risky since I haven't even heard the Atlas yet...but what the heck, you only live once.
When you get them, definitely listen with normal tips first and then the customs, you'll see what the fuss is about :wink:

Jun 12, 2019 at 7:44 PM Post #2,816 of 3,483
When you get them, definitely listen with normal tips first and then the customs, you'll see what the fuss is about :wink:

It will be about 3 weeks before I get the customs, but the Atlas should be here this week. That should give me plenty of time to tip roll and develop a good baseline for comparison.

Jun 12, 2019 at 8:58 PM Post #2,817 of 3,483
Please let us know what you think of the custom ADV tips?
I am thinking of ordering some.
Trying to decide between ADV in America which look like a full sleeve or Custom ART in Poland which look smaller and like just the tip? Or ADV Iin the U.K..
Location does not matter to me as I'm traveling.
Apart price difference, can anyone compare these three custom tips?

Last edited:
Jun 12, 2019 at 10:32 PM Post #2,818 of 3,483
Please let us know what you think of the custom ADV tips?
I am thinking of ordering some.
Trying to decide between ADV which look like a full sleeve or Custom ART which look smaller and like just the tip?
Apart from the price difference, can anyone compare these two custom tips?
The ADV aren't full sleeves, more like a half sleeve. One advantage they have that I love is you can remove the IEM from the tip while keeping the tip in your ear. This makes it great on a plane, you can take the IEM out to talk to someone and then put the IEM back into the tip in your ear.

Jun 13, 2019 at 7:02 PM Post #2,819 of 3,483
Hi,
I just received my Atlas from Amazon and I already have a serious problem with it: there is no sound out of the earphones randomly. It seems that the MMC connection between the cable and earphones is not good. I have to play with the connection to have a sound back. Anyone facing this issue? any solution to this issue?
Thanks

Jun 13, 2019 at 9:07 PM Post #2,820 of 3,483
What tips are you using? Remember the Atlas is a DD and if the seal is too good or you hear a clicking when inserting them it's not able to vent properly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back