NEW - Campfire Comet and Atlas
Feb 27, 2019 at 2:09 AM Post #2,596 of 3,483
Does anyone know what the gauge of ALO pure copper litz cable is? The black cable.
Thanks.

Feb 27, 2019 at 3:22 AM Post #2,597 of 3,483
I’ve been on a several weeks long bender with metal/rock and my Andros, but tonight I returned to my electronic genres and Atlas, and oh my goodness... fat textured bass :L3000: Adios Andros, til next time.

Feb 27, 2019 at 9:42 AM Post #2,598 of 3,483
Hi all,

I need some advice. I need to get a new balanced cable for the Atlas, and was wondering if anyone could tell me about the SXC 8. Worth it?
Or do I stick to the Silver Litz? Or are there other valid non-bank-breaking alternatives?

Thanks in advance!!

Feb 27, 2019 at 9:53 AM Post #2,599 of 3,483
Hi all,

I need some advice. I need to get a new balanced cable for the Atlas, and was wondering if anyone could tell me about the SXC 8. Worth it?
Or do I stick to the Silver Litz? Or are there other valid non-bank-breaking alternatives?

Thanks in advance!!
https://www.headpie.net/2018/06/campfire-audio-atlas-review-expatinjapan.html
You're safe with silver imho if you want to retain the sig

https://blog.artsexcellence.nl/crystal-cable-portable/ Contemplating the Dream Duet for my Andro S but haven't commited yet as far as bank breaking alternatives go
Downtime in the office is a bad time if you're deep into this hobby:sweat:.

Feb 27, 2019 at 11:45 AM Post #2,600 of 3,483
Is there (and how much) of an improvement can one expect going to a balanced cable on the Atlas. I have a single 2.5 balanced input on my dap (Fiio M9) but it almost seems crazy not to use the $250 pure silver cable that comes stock. I'm curious though.

Feb 27, 2019 at 11:57 AM Post #2,602 of 3,483
https://www.headpie.net/2018/06/campfire-audio-atlas-review-expatinjapan.html
You're safe with silver imho if you want to retain the sig

https://blog.artsexcellence.nl/crystal-cable-portable/ Contemplating the Dream Duet for my Andro S but haven't commited yet as far as bank breaking alternatives go
Downtime in the office is a bad time if you're deep into this hobby:sweat:.

Well, that Crystal looks hot!

In the meantime I had read Expat's review, and indeed he did like the SXC 8 quite a bit... the balanced.
I already broke the bank getting a nice sp1km for my Atlas, the balanced is the next, little step... :wink:

It does say at the beginning of Head-fi, "sorry for your wallet"!

Feb 27, 2019 at 12:08 PM Post #2,603 of 3,483
Well, that Crystal looks hot!

In the meantime I had read Expat's review, and indeed he did like the SXC 8 quite a bit... the balanced.
I already broke the bank getting a nice sp1km for my Atlas, the balanced is the next, little step... :wink:

It does say at the beginning of Head-fi, "sorry for your wallet"!
The other reviewer did say that the Duet is clearer and more high end than the silver of Atlas and i've read that Crystal Cables collaborate with A&K so i would guess they are tonally synergistic but the problem for us in europe is we don't have many cable companies apart from Forza and this one and after what happened with Toxic cables so options are slim.Hifiheadfones has some effect audio cables you can order if you manage to contact them.

Feb 27, 2019 at 12:13 PM Post #2,604 of 3,483
The other reviewer did say that the Duet is clearer and more high end than the silver of Atlas and i've read that Crystal Cables collaborate with A&K so i would guess they are tonally synergistic but the problem for us in europe is we don't have many cable companies apart from Forza and this one and after what happened with Toxic cables so options are slim.Hifiheadfones has some effect audio cables you can order if you manage to contact them.

Right! Our options are not fantastic...
This is why I thought that going for a middle-ground solution of quality/price as is the SXC 8 cable (after all, we're lucky that Ken & Co. don't massacre clients with crazy pricing).
It seems that it is comparable, quality wise, to cables twice the price, but wanted to hear it from some owners if there were any around!

Feb 27, 2019 at 12:19 PM Post #2,605 of 3,483
Right! Our options are not fantastic...
This is why I thought that going for a middle-ground solution of quality/price as is the SXC 8 cable (after all, we're lucky that Ken & Co. don't massacre clients with crazy pricing).
It seems that it is comparable, quality wise, to cables twice the price, but wanted to hear it from some owners if there were any around!
If you can find it for $380 sure but i see it here for over $600.

Feb 27, 2019 at 12:21 PM Post #2,606 of 3,483

If you aren't fussed about having a "custom looking" braided cable, the Atlas Zeno range are excellent sounding cables with CA IEMs. They are a UK based cable manufacturer, and do IEM cables to order. One of the cleanest cables I've heard to date, although I'm certainly no cable expert.

That being said, I am a big fan of the ALO cables that are matched with the various Campfire IEMs - have tried rolling with other stuff on a few occasions, but usually end up going back to "stock". Do prefer the SXC cable over stock on my Cascade, though.

Feb 27, 2019 at 2:11 PM Post #2,608 of 3,483
Is there (and how much) of an improvement can one expect going to a balanced cable on the Atlas. I have a single 2.5 balanced input on my dap (Fiio M9) but it almost seems crazy not to use the $250 pure silver cable that comes stock. I'm curious though.

Get a 3.5 to 2.5 adapter

If your cable is terminated into 3.5 trs, i dont recommend getting such adapter, might cause a short circuit.

You can go from balanced to unbalanced using an adapter but not the other way around.

Feb 27, 2019 at 2:15 PM Post #2,609 of 3,483
You can go from balanced to unbalanced using an adapter but not the other way around.

Good to know thank-you! Though that still leaves my original question about whether going to a balanced cable (over the pure silver stock) on the Atlas is worth it.

Feb 27, 2019 at 4:25 PM Post #2,610 of 3,483
If your cable is terminated into 3.5 trs, i dont recommend getting such adapter, might cause a short circuit.

While I’m not disputing your point I have used such an adapter for over a year with no problem

Users who are viewing this thread

Back