NEW - Campfire Comet and Atlas
Feb 22, 2019 at 10:23 AM Post #2,581 of 3,483
how is the sound signature of comet compared to say the dm6?

I haven't heard the DM6 (but I own the Comet). I've heard that the DM6 has more bass though.

Feb 22, 2019 at 10:49 AM Post #2,582 of 3,483
Just for some weekend fun for whoever wants to try new things… :)
I actually started really listening to Electronic music when I got the Atlas… before it had never been interesting or my other items simply didn’t make it shine.

Since my jazz list is too long… these are some Electronic tracks that sound crazy good on the Atlas, and that show what the Atlas is capable of… from sub-bass! bass!, mids, highs! imaging!… you’ll see…

They’re some of my soul-ear massage go to’s, so be gentle! They're recommended albums, but the tracks are the best IMO...
Obviously DAP is always a factor, but they already sounded really great on my iPhone X, which can be easily beat…

Artist: Desolate - Album: Lunar Glyphs
Astral Ambient
Ravishing

DZAR - Orbis
All four tracks!

Patina Echoes (Compilation)
Cleyra - Naked
Simo Cell - Consider the Internet

Traveller - Morphology
Detached

Deadmau5 - For Lack of a Better Name
Lack of a Better Name

Vangelis - Blade Runner
Love Theme

Couldn’t not include a classic!

Feb 22, 2019 at 11:12 PM Post #2,583 of 3,483
52605356_10161574840665654_5002755950507982848_n.jpg
Rigged up this little clip on the cable for my Atlas and it actually makes a pretty significant difference. I never had comfort issues per se however after walking around for a while gravity would work its magic and you would be dimly aware of the downward tug of the cable on the Atlas. After clipping this to the collar/neckline of my shirt or the zipper of my jacket it relieved the top part of the cable from any downward tension at all and I could walk around indefinitely completely oblivious to the Atlas being in my ears at all (their delicious sound notwithstanding)...highly recommended!

Feb 23, 2019 at 1:52 AM Post #2,584 of 3,483
Just for some weekend fun for whoever wants to try new things… :)
I actually started really listening to Electronic music when I got the Atlas… before it had never been interesting or my other items simply didn’t make it shine.

Since my jazz list is too long… these are some Electronic tracks that sound crazy good on the Atlas, and that show what the Atlas is capable of… from sub-bass! bass!, mids, highs! imaging!… you’ll see…

They’re some of my soul-ear massage go to’s, so be gentle! They're recommended albums, but the tracks are the best IMO...
Obviously DAP is always a factor, but they already sounded really great on my iPhone X, which can be easily beat…

Artist: Desolate - Album: Lunar Glyphs
Astral Ambient
Ravishing

DZAR - Orbis
All four tracks!

Patina Echoes (Compilation)
Cleyra - Naked
Simo Cell - Consider the Internet

Traveller - Morphology
Detached

Deadmau5 - For Lack of a Better Name
Lack of a Better Name

Vangelis - Blade Runner
Love Theme

Couldn’t not include a classic!
Oh, these are really fun on my Andro-S. Can't wait for Atlas to come back to me on Monday, from my friend. Saved these as a playlist. DZAR is totally doing it for me. A much cleaner and less aggressive analog of **** Butttons.

Feb 23, 2019 at 7:32 AM Post #2,585 of 3,483

Rigged up this little clip on the cable for my Atlas and it actually makes a pretty significant difference. I never had comfort issues per se however after walking around for a while gravity would work its magic and you would be dimly aware of the downward tug of the cable on the Atlas. After clipping this to the collar/neckline of my shirt or the zipper of my jacket it relieved the top part of the cable from any downward tension at all and I could walk around indefinitely completely oblivious to the Atlas being in my ears at all (their delicious sound notwithstanding)...highly recommended!

That is what shirt clips are for....?

Feb 23, 2019 at 7:43 AM Post #2,586 of 3,483
Airy Monday(original mix) -Tomasz Pauszek (vocal chillout 2018)
Euphoria -S.A.T
Lost(chillout mix)-Daniel B Feat.Susan McDaid
Found Tranquillity-Rayan Myers
O_o(feat Stax Osset)-Boeoes Kaelstigen
Falling Into The Love(original)-Syntherra
Beautiful love(chillout version)-Sean Norvis
Endless-Lukas Termena,Angelika Borof
Wrathful Guru(original mix)-Rigzin
Piano Dream(Flowmotion Mix)-Island Sun

Selected tracks to showcase Atlas qualities.

Last edited:
Feb 23, 2019 at 11:03 AM Post #2,587 of 3,483
Feb 24, 2019 at 10:24 AM Post #2,588 of 3,483

Lol... I published the almost exact same solution a few months ago.... like minds think alike...!
And edit to add: yes, super recommended, especially commuters like me, avoiding scary pulls and tugs!

Last edited:
Feb 24, 2019 at 10:27 AM Post #2,589 of 3,483
Airy Monday(original mix) -Tomasz Pauszek
Euphoria -S.A.T
Lost(chillout mix)-Daniel B Feat.Susan McDaid
Found Tranquillity-Rayan Myers
O_o(feat Stax Osset)-Boeoes Kaelstigen
Falling Into The Love(original)-Syntherra
Beautiful love(chillout version)-Sean Norvis
Endless-Lukas Termena,Angelika Borof
Wrathful Guru(original mix)-Rigzin
Piano Dream(Flowmotion Mix)-Island Sun

Selected tracks to showcase Atlas qualities.

Will look for them... I'm always looking for music! especially music that sounds well... it's such a bummer now to hear poorly recorded music.
The Atlas paired with a nice DAP really disarms all the crappy stuff, but the well recorded/produced music becomes joy!

Feb 25, 2019 at 6:33 AM Post #2,590 of 3,483
The custom tips on the Atlas do give me the best sound quality, but they do stick out further,20180811_220103.jpg . The JVC Spiral Dot tips are my go to wide bore tips, always have been my favorite. I prefer the Final Audio tips if an IEM has a bit of "hot' treble, narrower bore. Some folks are annoyed by the slight hotness the Atlas exhibits, it doesn't ever trouble me. I currently have the Final Audio tips on the Atlas.

Feb 25, 2019 at 6:49 AM Post #2,591 of 3,483
The custom tips on the Atlas do give me the best sound quality, but they do stick out further, . The JVC Spiral Dot tips are my go to wide bore tips, always have been my favorite. I prefer the Final Audio tips if an IEM has a bit of "hot' treble, narrower bore. Some folks are annoyed by the slight hotness the Atlas exhibits, it doesn't ever trouble me. I currently have the Final Audio tips on the Atlas.

My concern about them sticking out is that it would affect the SQ negatively, but if you say that they offer the best SQ, now I'm definitely hurrying this!
I'll get the moulds done hopefully tomorrow, and then it's just mail times...

Feb 25, 2019 at 8:26 AM Post #2,592 of 3,483
The custom tips on the Atlas do give me the best sound quality, but they do stick out further, . The JVC Spiral Dot tips are my go to wide bore tips, always have been my favorite. I prefer the Final Audio tips if an IEM has a bit of "hot' treble, narrower bore. Some folks are annoyed by the slight hotness the Atlas exhibits, it doesn't ever trouble me. I currently have the Final Audio tips on the Atlas.
Can you describe the improvement in SQ with customs? Not only characteristics of improvement but amount of change? Thanks

Feb 26, 2019 at 2:21 AM Post #2,593 of 3,483
I brought out my Comets and Kanas Pros for the first time in a couple weeks and I think I have been seriously spoiled by the Atlases powerful and rich sound-- both those other IEMs sounded almost hollow in comparison. They're great IEM's don't get me wrong...maybe that's just it...they're great IEMS, but the Atlas actually sound like you have a full sized hi fi system (complete with a subwoofer) right inside your head. I dare say that if you can forget that they're in your ears while listening to them it's easy to convince yourself that you're in a room with a stereo on. Prior to owning these I never would have imagined you could get this sort of sound from earphones. I'm hoping one day to try some Andros or Solaris to hear the difference in sound.

Feb 26, 2019 at 7:20 AM Post #2,594 of 3,483
My HTC 10 refuses to recognize the Comet - plugging the earphone into the headphone-port and hits play, sound coming out of the smartphone spearkers. Very weird. It used to work just fine when I owned my first pair. Perhaps it's due to new firmware? Have any Android user experienced this issue?

Feb 26, 2019 at 8:00 AM Post #2,595 of 3,483
219ci2c.jpg

A musical iem with a musical dap is a winning combo.Balanced gives Atlas air to breathe,left/right separation is improved,bass is tighter,treble is more detailed and airier,everything is a little more defined and the sound as a whole more dynamically alive and engaging.Didn't care much for SP1000M with Atlas and single end output and this dap is made for armature iems but balanced makes a noticeable difference,highs are a joy to listen with SP1000M,very detailed and airy but also mellow.Very good purchase this cable as i didn't want to change the tonality of Atlas.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back