NEW - Campfire Comet and Atlas
Feb 19, 2019 at 5:13 AM Post #2,566 of 3,483
Have you ever tried the Vega with a pure Silver cable? It should bring the resolution and more pronounced upper end that the Atlas has. That's a combo i really wanna try out.
Anyways I am glad you are liking the Atlas, Campfire has made some really good dynamic driver iems, best in the business really, with awesome customer service.
Enjoy :)
No, I haven't. I sent my Vega back to them for repair. That's when they offered to upgrade me, since I'd had this problem so many times. Would be fun to hear on the Pure Silver cable.

Feb 19, 2019 at 10:08 AM Post #2,567 of 3,483
Have you ever tried the Vega with a pure Silver cable? It should bring the resolution and more pronounced upper end that the Atlas has. That's a combo i really wanna try out.
Anyways I am glad you are liking the Atlas, Campfire has made some really good dynamic driver iems, best in the business really, with awesome customer service.
Enjoy :)
I'm using a pure silver cable on my Vega and does help with the high ends. Since I have the Atlas I was using it's Silver Litz before I switched to this https://www.aliexpress.com/item/8-c...743.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.5b9f4c4dP4z2hV

Feb 19, 2019 at 10:34 AM Post #2,568 of 3,483
Feb 19, 2019 at 11:29 AM Post #2,569 of 3,483
The Lumashop cable is a good buy and I use it on my Vega for my commutes into NYC.

I've picked up an Effect Audio Eros II+ 8 wire 4mm Balanced originally for my Solaris but have switched it to the Atlas and got the ALO Gold 16 for the Solaris.

Feb 19, 2019 at 12:21 PM Post #2,570 of 3,483
Nice list! Yes, PJ 10 is a gem through the Atlas.
We toured Nashville recently. Got to see RCA Studio B where Elvis recorded. Listen to “are you lonesome tonite”. Was recorded there. Sound is IMMERSIVE over the Atlas. Great recordings can come from that far back too.

I'll definitely check it out...another great thing about the Atlas is it's very honest but also very forgiving :)

Feb 20, 2019 at 11:01 AM Post #2,571 of 3,483
The Lumashop cable is a good buy and I use it on my Vega for my commutes into NYC.

I've picked up an Effect Audio Eros II+ 8 wire 4mm Balanced originally for my Solaris but have switched it to the Atlas and got the ALO Gold 16 for the Solaris.

Nice stuff man!
If you have a chance, would be interested to hear your take on the 8core and the Gold 16, and how they sound on the Atlas...

Feb 20, 2019 at 11:45 AM Post #2,572 of 3,483
I just picked up the Gold 16 at CanJam this past Saturday so I'm burning it in. So I'll try to post my thoughts this weekend.

Feb 21, 2019 at 6:00 PM Post #2,574 of 3,483
I received the JVC Spiral dots today…
and though it has been said before, I felt compelled to write because, WOW, they are the best, best tips for the Atlas!

Do you still consider these to be the best tips for the Atlas?

Feb 21, 2019 at 7:40 PM Post #2,575 of 3,483
Last edited:
Feb 21, 2019 at 8:05 PM Post #2,576 of 3,483
Feb 22, 2019 at 9:06 AM Post #2,578 of 3,483
Do you still consider these to be the best tips for the Atlas?

So far, yes... big yes!
The thing is that the combination of a sturdy build, open bore, and shallow fit seems to go really well with the Atlas.
I want to experiment with custom tips, though I think that the distance between the Atlas and the ear would increase, and maybe that's not necessarily a good thing.
Don't know, so I guess I'll have to try and see for myself!

Feb 22, 2019 at 9:12 AM Post #2,579 of 3,483
So far, yes... big yes!
The thing is that the combination of a sturdy build, open bore, and shallow fit seems to go really well with the Atlas.
I want to experiment with custom tips, though I think that the distance between the Atlas and the ear would increase, and maybe that's not necessarily a good thing.
Don't know, so I guess I'll have to try and see for myself!
Agreed, and for that reason, I really doubt custom tips would sound better on Atlas. But if you try, I’ll be anxiously awaiting your report.

Feb 22, 2019 at 9:18 AM Post #2,580 of 3,483
Agreed, and for that reason, I really doubt custom tips would sound better on Atlas. But if you try, I’ll be anxiously awaiting your report.

Yup!
All I have to do is get my doctor to make me a note for the prints, and I'll get them from Custom Art (Poland) which seems the best European solution. They run about 50€, which I think is worth the shot given their reputation.
If it doesn't alter the sound it'll be a great thing, and I'll definitely post results...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back