NEW - Campfire Comet and Atlas
Oct 23, 2018 at 8:25 AM Post #2,251 of 3,483
Hi,

Do you think these tips could work with CA Comet?

By how they treat sound, I think that they will make anything sound true and clear, because this is what they’re doing IMO…
The fit is comfortable and solid, less “rubbery” that other tips I have or that came with. And they don't cost that much (I paid 17 euros in Amazon, 3 pairs).

So, definite yes.

Oct 23, 2018 at 9:35 AM Post #2,252 of 3,483
By how they treat sound, I think that they will make anything sound true and clear, because this is what they’re doing IMO…
The fit is comfortable and solid, less “rubbery” that other tips I have or that came with. And they don't cost that much (I paid 17 euros in Amazon, 3 pairs).

So, definite yes.

Thanks,
I just ordered the ML, hope these will fit.

Oct 23, 2018 at 10:05 AM Post #2,253 of 3,483

So, definite yes.
Which jvc spiral dot ordered. There are different replacements for different models at amazon

Oct 23, 2018 at 10:05 AM Post #2,254 of 3,483
Oct 23, 2018 at 10:08 AM Post #2,255 of 3,483
Which jvc spiral dot ordered. There are different replacements for different models at amazon

Spiral dots all have the same bore size and will fit the atlas (and I assume comet) fine. You just need to find the right size for your ears.

Oct 23, 2018 at 10:52 AM Post #2,256 of 3,483

I thought the same too, but it seems that the different "types" are just sizes, so make you get the ones for you.

FYI, this is the link of the ones that I got, in the Italian Amazon site: https://www.amazon.it/gp/offer-listing/B00JSLXNOC/ref=dp_olp_0?ie=UTF8&condition=all

American Amazon, same ones: https://www.amazon.com/VICTOR-JVC-E..._rd_t=40701&psc=1&refRID=5X989XD0WSJDSKKB439F

Hope it helps!

Oct 23, 2018 at 12:44 PM Post #2,257 of 3,483
So, I had JVC spiral dots at my house. They had come with my old JVC HA FX850. They were boxed up and I didn’t realize I had them! They sound as good or better than my RHA’s and, most importantly, no driver flex!
Thanks guys! Love this forum!

Oct 23, 2018 at 1:04 PM Post #2,258 of 3,483
Hi,

Do you think these tips could work with CA Comet?
Have been listening and agree with everything Luisonic said. The spiral dots are THE tips for Atlas. Don’t care what your ears are shaped like.

Oct 23, 2018 at 3:47 PM Post #2,259 of 3,483
Have been listening and agree with everything Luisonic said. The spiral dots are THE tips for Atlas. Don’t care what your ears are shaped like.
don't understand, though, why the spiral dots sound better mids, tamer treble than the 'standard' silicon tips supplied by CFA with the Atlas. the two are remarkably similar in form factor, fit (both in the ear and on the iem nozzle), and bore hole size. seal comparable too. seems they'd sound about the same, but they don't. are these little spiral dots doing some kind of acoustic 'magic' or something?

Oct 23, 2018 at 9:45 PM Post #2,261 of 3,483
For those who are having trouble with driver flex, I’ve found a few tricks that seem to help for me. Other than foam, I’ve found symbio tips seem to work best for my ears, with spiral dots coming in a close second. First thing, as others have said, is that it is key with any silicone tips that your ears are dry. On the symbios, I find that pushing the orange foam a little bit away from the tip (by pinching the tip so the foam recedes a bit toward the base of the sounbore) helps prevent driver suction and loss of sound. Also, and I have no idea why this seems to work, but I've tried it repeatedly and it is definitely a real thing, I find I rarely get suction if I put the atlases in my ears without them being plugged in to my DAP/phone/dac/amp.

Oct 23, 2018 at 10:08 PM Post #2,262 of 3,483
don't understand, though, why the spiral dots sound better mids, tamer treble than the 'standard' silicon tips supplied by CFA with the Atlas. the two are remarkably similar in form factor, fit (both in the ear and on the iem nozzle), and bore hole size. seal comparable too. seems they'd sound about the same, but they don't. are these little spiral dots doing some kind of acoustic 'magic' or something?
Listening to John Mayer The Village Sessions. Quite spectacular sounding acoustic!

Oct 24, 2018 at 11:05 PM Post #2,263 of 3,483
My review on the Atlas :beyersmile:
photo_2018-10-24_23-46-33 (2).jpg

Oct 26, 2018 at 2:25 PM Post #2,264 of 3,483
Not strictly realted, but thought I'd post this here just in case anyone was interested - been lucky enough to get a review unit of the new Campfire flagship Solaris from Ken which arrived first thing this morning. As such, first knee jerk impressions of the Solaris are now up on Audio Primate after 6 solid hours with these things in my ears. This is way too short a time to make a proper assessment of an IEM, so treat these like show impressions and please don't read too much into any of this - Ken has also asked for these to be burned in for at least a week (and given some decent reasons for doing so, which I'll post up in the main review to avoid starting any discussions here!) - this is just my initial thoughts and a few nice pics.

TL:DR - I think these could be REALLY special. Time will tell!

https://audioprimate.blog/2018/10/26/campfire-audio-solaris-unboxing-and-initial-reaction/

Oct 26, 2018 at 3:24 PM Post #2,265 of 3,483
wow Jackpot that was a great read! incredible first impressions, photos, and overall excitement you conveyed in your post. Am already looking forward to preordering these! And now i don’t feel so bad for selling my Atlas for the LCDi4 (which I am now returning for a full refund). The Solaris is one of those flagship IEMs that I wont have any problem spending that huge a sum of money on as I think it is really something special and the most cutting edge technology they have ever put into production. Other flagship IEMs just don’t seem to be worth the money compared to the Campfire quality and overall resale value. Now on to the release date....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back