NEW - Campfire Comet and Atlas
Oct 19, 2018 at 9:24 AM Post #2,238 of 3,483
I'm still using the standard supplied 3.5mm single ended cable with the atlas. What will I gain from changing this cable to 4.4mm balanced to suit my Sony DAP? And recomendations for the cable?

Oct 19, 2018 at 12:43 PM Post #2,239 of 3,483

Sorry its not a universal good fit to 100% of peeps. I recommend using a foam tip as they grip better. Sorry we are not going to be re designing the Atlas and have metrics that we are happy with regarding the success of the Atlas. Of course with any wearable there are going to be factors that will be in play for fit for one person and not another. I agree that "universal" fit IEMs are not, and I have been working and at least trying to think outside the box for fit issues with it comes to tips, custom tips and hybrid custom designs.... please stand by as I hope I can come up with better solutions to just a generic foam or silicone tip.

My #1 goal as always in this industry is to advance the sonic performance, fit, value, look, quality and enjoyment of our shared hobby in a IEM. I know that if I can do these things the success and growth of Campfire will naturally follow. With the Atlas we did thoroughly test it, I even used mine jogging with no issues. So I do apologize to the people who are searching for a better fitting solution.

With that said I want to thank the posters who put-fourth constructive feedback instead of bashing my brand or me personally. Me and my lead designer read all of your comments and again I thank you.

Ken

Campfire Audio Campfire Audio - Nicely Done. Stay updated on Campfire Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.campfireaudio.com/ Support@campfireaudio.com
Oct 19, 2018 at 12:49 PM Post #2,240 of 3,483
Sorry its not a universal good fit to 100% of peeps. I recommend using a foam tip as they grip better. Sorry we are not going to be re designing the Atlas and have metrics that we are happy with regarding the success of the Atlas. Of course with any wearable there are going to be factors that will be in play for fit for one person and not another. I agree that "universal" fit IEMs are not, and I have been working and at least trying to think outside the box for fit issues with it comes to tips, custom tips and hybrid custom designs.... please stand by as I hope I can come up with better solutions to just a generic foam or silicone tip.

My #1 goal as always in this industry is to advance the sonic performance, fit, value, look, quality and enjoyment of our shared hobby in a IEM. I know that if I can do these things the success and growth of Campfire will naturally follow. With the Atlas we did thoroughly test it, I even used mine jogging with no issues. So I do apologize to the people who are searching for a better fitting solution.

With that said I want to thank the posters who put-fourth constructive feedback instead of bashing my brand or me personally. Me and my lead designer read all of your comments and again I thank you.

Ken

Thanks Ken for your prompt feedback.

Today I've gone through all the stock tips and I haven't been able to find one that suit my needs. The only one that fits my ears and gets a tight seal are the foam tips, as you recommend.

Unfortunately, sound quality wise I prefer the other tips when/if they fit. Personally, I'll go custom tips for I think it's the only option left.

Otherwise, when the fit is right, the Atlas sounds absolutely *superb*. Thanks for that.

Oct 19, 2018 at 1:52 PM Post #2,241 of 3,483
Thanks Ken for your prompt feedback.

Today I've gone through all the stock tips and I haven't been able to find one that suit my needs. The only one that fits my ears and gets a tight seal are the foam tips, as you recommend.

Unfortunately, sound quality wise I prefer the other tips when/if they fit. Personally, I'll go custom tips for I think it's the only option left.

Otherwise, when the fit is right, the Atlas sounds absolutely *superb*. Thanks for that.

very very annoying trying to rummage through all the provided tips to find that they are all garbage. the only tip that I felt worked best for me was the Spiral Dot (L since I have a big ear canal) the fit, isolation and overall richness of the sound was unparalleled. I attribute this to the pliable fit of the tip and large opening of the tip that perfectly enecircles the opening diameter of the Atlas’ grille.

edit: and just fyi I tried the symbio mandarin tips as well and liked the spiral dot most

Last edited:
Oct 19, 2018 at 2:17 PM Post #2,242 of 3,483
I'm still using the standard supplied 3.5mm single ended cable with the atlas. What will I gain from changing this cable to 4.4mm balanced to suit my Sony DAP? And recomendations for the cable?

[edited coz I didnt read you had a WM1a :beyersmile: my bad]
On the WM1a, I am using a locally made SPC coaxial balanced cable, but more than the cable, the WM1a has a trait wherein the balanced is more articulate, detailed, dynamic and more balanced in tonality than single end; that's aside from a background/zero crosstalk, more power/voltage typical of balanced output. Since my single output is bassier, warmer than balanced output, I chose an SPC cable to help the Atlas maintain it's bass signature, so far I am enjoying it (it's actually a bit more bassier).

Last edited:
Oct 20, 2018 at 3:53 AM Post #2,243 of 3,483
Hi,

Just some personal info I want to share,

Bought the Campfire Audio Comets 2 months ago, These are my first 200 dollar in-ears.
The sound of these is really something else then those in the 50 to 100 dollar price range, I really love them!
But, I tried all the provided tips, and several different other brands, and i am unable to find one that fits perfectly for my ears.
This is because of the bigger nozzle size, it hurts my ears after a while, and i have to pull them out.
Usually, I limit the nozzle size to 4mm max for my ears, but the Comets have a 6mm nozzle.
I think, Campfire should mention the nozzle size in the specifications for the customers.
If it wasn't for the wonderful sound and good looks, I would have returned them.
So, I decided to get custom molded sleeves to avoid wasting more money in finding the right tips, and resolve my problem.
I have to wait another 2 weeks, and hopefully, I'll be able to enjoy my new Comets.

Oct 20, 2018 at 4:40 AM Post #2,244 of 3,483
Hi,

Just some personal info I want to share,

Bought the Campfire Audio Comets 2 months ago, These are my first 200 dollar in-ears.
The sound of these is really something else then those in the 50 to 100 dollar price range, I really love them!
But, I tried all the provided tips, and several different other brands, and i am unable to find one that fits perfectly for my ears.
This is because of the bigger nozzle size, it hurts my ears after a while, and i have to pull them out.
Usually, I limit the nozzle size to 4mm max for my ears, but the Comets have a 6mm nozzle.
I think, Campfire should mention the nozzle size in the specifications for the customers.
If it wasn't for the wonderful sound and good looks, I would have returned them.
So, I decided to get custom molded sleeves to avoid wasting more money in finding the right tips, and resolve my problem.
I have to wait another 2 weeks, and hopefully, I'll be able to enjoy my new Comets.

Out of curiosity where did you order the sleeves from?

I've been using the comets at work recently. One thing struck me is that how easy it is to remove them from your ears when someone comes along to talk to you. Really like mine with my Custom Art custom sleeves. Hopefully CA stick with this sort of design as I have more luck with this type than over ears ones.

Oct 20, 2018 at 5:11 AM Post #2,245 of 3,483
Out of curiosity where did you order the sleeves from?

I've been using the comets at work recently. One thing struck me is that how easy it is to remove them from your ears when someone comes along to talk to you. Really like mine with my Custom Art custom sleeves. Hopefully CA stick with this sort of design as I have more luck with this type than over ears ones.

Hi, from Belgium.

This is where I ordered: https://pluggerz.com/en/consumers/music/

Oct 22, 2018 at 12:24 PM Post #2,247 of 3,483
Considering the release of Equinox, I am curious if CFA has any future plan of providing a reshell service for their universal iem to a ciem. Since the fit is the most usual complain of people about both ba and dd line of CFA iems.
I'm guessing not as they have said already it's going to be quite a limited process, at least at first.

Oct 23, 2018 at 4:16 AM Post #2,248 of 3,483
Well I have returned the Campfire Atlas to the retailer. I just cant fathom spending $1899 on a set of IEM's that I just can't get comfortable with, and suffer driver flex more than any other IEM I have come across. Now the search begins for a pair that has the bass of the Fiio FH5 and the detail close to the Andromedas.

Oct 23, 2018 at 7:40 AM Post #2,249 of 3,483
I received the JVC Spiral dots today…
and though it has been said before, I felt compelled to write because, WOW, they are the best, best tips for the Atlas!
I didn’t think that there would be so much difference with these tips, but the clarity is improved, the mids are forward, the bass is deeper (now that the highs are so awesome!) so the balance is amazing!

Highly recommended to those who are looking, or simply want to try a different solution... They are worth the money and the wait (they come from Japan…).
These mediums are just a tad tad tad smaller than the medium spinfits I have, so comfy and also that helps with the flex issue. If you wear and like medium I'd stay with medium.

SO far, no driver flex… and no holes... yet! :wink:

Oct 23, 2018 at 8:08 AM Post #2,250 of 3,483
I received the JVC Spiral dots today…
and though it has been said before, I felt compelled to write because, WOW, they are the best, best tips for the Atlas!
I didn’t think that there would be so much difference with these tips, but the clarity is improved, the mids are forward, the bass is deeper (now that the highs are so awesome!) so the balance is amazing!

Highly recommended to those who are looking, or simply want to try a different solution... They are worth the money and the wait (they come from Japan…).
These mediums are just a tad tad tad smaller than the medium spinfits I have, so comfy and also that helps with the flex issue. If you wear and like medium I'd stay with medium.

SO far, no driver flex… and no holes... yet! :wink:

Hi,

Do you think these tips could work with CA Comet?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back