NEW - Campfire Comet and Atlas
Jun 11, 2018 at 1:39 PM Post #1,337 of 3,483
I use to get excited saving up for my next hi-fi product and my dad would be in a home at the time and I felt guilty, we all have had losses in our life but I'm struggling to move on without him, it's been a terrible year, been so mixed up,it's a hi-fi site not a agony aunt I know that
Boy that’s rough. I’ve been through the pain of losing parents and it leaves a void. I hope you can find some relief with the joy that music can bring you and find comfort in being part of this community. Be well

Jun 12, 2018 at 6:42 AM Post #1,338 of 3,483
I use to get excited saving up for my next hi-fi product and my dad would be in a home at the time and I felt guilty, we all have had losses in our life but I'm struggling to move on without him, it's been a terrible year, been so mixed up,it's a hi-fi site not a agony aunt I know that
So very sorry for your loss. Lost my dad to brain cancer in 2014. It’s taken me 4 years to get back to really enjoying my interests again. I still managed to go down rabbit holes (especially if the head fi variety) In some ways it was a much needed distraction but as of late, I’ve started to really get back into music and sound...so I bought an atlas. It’s nice to have such a fantastic earphone produced just when I can connect emotionally to music again. Do what you gotta do for now. Grief has a way of making everything feel wrong but eventually it will pass. PM me anytime.

Jun 12, 2018 at 8:11 AM Post #1,339 of 3,483
So very sorry for your loss. Lost my dad to brain cancer in 2014. It’s taken me 4 years to get back to really enjoying my interests again. I still managed to go down rabbit holes (especially if the head fi variety) In some ways it was a much needed distraction but as of late, I’ve started to really get back into music and sound...so I bought an atlas. It’s nice to have such a fantastic earphone produced just when I can connect emotionally to music again. Do what you gotta do for now. Grief has a way of making everything feel wrong but eventually it will pass. PM me anytime.

Loss is so difficult. I lost my mother unexpectedly when I was 18 years old.

Jun 12, 2018 at 2:10 PM Post #1,340 of 3,483
thanks for that mate and I'll pm you some time, hope your enjoying your Atlas mate, wish I had a pair

Jun 12, 2018 at 7:35 PM Post #1,343 of 3,483
Jun 12, 2018 at 9:30 PM Post #1,344 of 3,483
The Atlas is surprisingly very efficient...I don’t think I’m using such low volumes with other earphones:

BCF46810-D5C7-4E4D-B1ED-A84FA5DD41BF.jpeg

Jun 13, 2018 at 5:22 AM Post #1,347 of 3,483
From my review:

“The Comet with the Litz wasnt a complete wash out, but it did seemed to lose what made it so pleasing as it ventured more towards a v shape. A bit darker, more up beat at times, other times more treble. Those mids went bai bai. It lost its exquisite balance imho.”

In my Atlas review
i compare several cables also

Jun 13, 2018 at 5:49 AM Post #1,348 of 3,483
From my review:

“The Comet with the Litz wasnt a complete wash out, but it did seemed to lose what made it so pleasing as it ventured more towards a v shape. A bit darker, more up beat at times, other times more treble. Those mids went bai bai. It lost its exquisite balance imho.”

In my Atlas review
i compare several cables also

Thanks—any idea if balanced will make a difference ?

Jun 13, 2018 at 5:54 AM Post #1,349 of 3,483
I dont see why it would.

I would maybe aim at the Atlas cable more than the Litz for the Comet. (I dont remember If I gave it a try in my review - so If i didnt i can try for you.
- I have a 4.4mm Atlas cable)

SXC-8 is too heavy for the Comet imho.

Jun 13, 2018 at 6:04 AM Post #1,350 of 3,483
I dont see why it would.

I would maybe aim at the Atlas cable more than the Litz for the Comet. (I dont remember If I gave it a try in my review - so If i didnt i can try for you.
- I have a 4.4mm Atlas cable)

SXC-8 is too heavy for the Comet imho.

Why not try for the sake of curiosity, yes, thanks.
However, I don’t think it is available alone.
Last but not least, my idea is to keep the cost on the low-end.
I just want to use the 4.4 balanced output on my Sony ZX300 as it is the one burned-in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back