1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

NEW - Campfire Comet and Atlas

First

Back
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19
Next

Last
  1. Nathanl
    Is there a noticeable difference with it being a vented ba?

2. Hawaiibadboy Contributor

IMG_20180406_111918.jpg IMG_20180406_112027.jpg IMG_20180406_112331.jpg

If there is a vent it is very tiny :) I am sure I will find it.+

singingbee likes this.
  3. Nathanl
    I believe it means the armature itself is vented and does not require a bore. I may be wrong :)

4. Hawaiibadboy Contributor
    You must be right.
    The sound is full and that....from a single BA is a new experience for me. They always sounded lean/thin/lacking sub bass. This set does not have those issues.

rumina likes this.
  5. Ziadax
    I'm really interested in seeing how the comets compare to the Orions now, especially at an ever cheaper pricepoint.

Passenger11 and cardeli22 like this.
  6. HiFlight
    +1 as I have kept the Orion longer than any of the other CA IEM's that I have owned including the Vega and Andromeda. Hopefully, I will be able to compare the two at Axpona.

7. ryanjsoo
    The vent is on the BA enclosure, not the external shell. It enables the armature to displace more air using the space around it in the earphone shell rather than being self-contained (and therefore create a more substantial bass response than a regular BA). Sort of an intermediate between a dynamic and BA; you can also have a fully-sealed dynamic, though it requires a much larger housing volume due to the larger displacement of the driver. Combined with its tubeless output/TAEC, this is a nice foundation for a relatively affordable in-ear! Mine is arriving on Monday, I'm excited to hear it!

singingbee, crinacle and ExpatinJapan like this.
  8. bvng3540
    Nice video as always, but dude it a $200 IEM who care if it scratches or not, but the Atlas on the other hand is a difference story:ksc75smile:

singingbee likes this.
  9. CalvinW
    The sad thing is that the atlas is made from the same material... scratches galore

10. elNan
    How do these compare against the Mee Pinnacle P1s? Does anyone who has a set of Comets right know could help me with that comparison?

Thank you!

11. Hawaiibadboy Contributor
    20180406_130251.jpg

AC/DC
    Touch too Much.....sounds fantastic

12. Kervsky
    I wanna get shot in the ear
    [​IMG]

13. Deftone
    It does look like a Sci-fi hairdryer.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2018
    junix likes this.