1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

NEW - Campfire Comet and Atlas

First

Back
57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66
68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77
Next

Last
  1. hung031086
    I thought my Atlas cable is pure silver ???
    https://campfireaudio.com/shop/atlas/

2. KB Contributor
    ALO Audio Stay updated on ALO Audio at their sponsor page on Head-Fi.

https://www.aloaudio.com/
  3. Lookout57
    Sorry I fat fingered that one. I’m trying to pack for a trip and was trying to answer quickly.

4. Colors
    Pure silver makes a big difference compared to copper imo.

I bought a pure silver 2 pin cable for my Bravados and detail went up a lot. Everything became clearer, bass is more controlled, vocals are more forward and clear (less veiled) and treble have more “sparkle”.

It’s a great purchase if you’re kind of “stuck” with IEM upgrades (not sure what to get next) and want an improvement to your sound.

And it looks sexy.

Passenger11 and ncristia like this.
  5. Audiophonicalistic
    Agreed. I didnt want to like the upgrade cable but purchased a silver one and I was pretty amazed honestly. Since then Ive purchased 3...

Colors likes this.
  6. amature101
    Any chance, atlas will have different colour like andromeda?

7. Slashn77
    That would be awesome! Maybe a Gold like ALO high end cable for the more flashy or a gloss black/matte black coating or my favorite would be clear like shure but then it would have to be a type of plastic (less premium/durable feeling) and most probably wouldn’t like that.
    But I agree that would be cool but would add more overheard to keep different colors in stock like that and I actually quite like the silver how it is

8. ncristia
    Which cable did you choose for your Bravado?

9. Omegon
    I think it would be awesome to get a matte black finish on the comet/atlas. I'm not sure if it would be feasible for Campfire to produce another color lineup but it would be sweet if it was a customizable option - pick your color coating or whatever for a little extra. I'd totally spring for that.

tim0chan likes this.
  10. Colors
    A local shop (Headfoneshop in Toronto). The owner has his own cable guy.

DBDBC183-80A8-4B79-AF97-6737B8B6FA18.jpeg

Custom silver 2 pin Litz cable. I paid about $250.

11. ExpatinJapan
    BD1194AF-13DE-42AB-B2D8-C1960092B275.jpeg

Campfire Audio Comet review sessions in progress

12. maira
    Is comets sound signature similar to Pinnacle P1? I found P1 a bit dark, cold and liveless... .

13. sonickarma
    My image mock up's of Copper and Gold - Comet

upload_2018-5-22_9-43-35.png

upload_2018-5-22_9-44-33.png

We can but dream....

14. Colors
    I owned the P1 for a month and I find it very different from the Comets.

The P1s has better treble extension and wider soundstage but I found the vocals were recessed as I burned it in. With the Comets, the sound signature is balanced and packs a stronger bass (oddly enough considering BA vs. Dynamic) and the vocals are not recessed.

If I had to pick or keep one between the two, it would be the Comets for its better versatility.

MyPants likes this.
  15. siruspan
    When they are gold they look like a part of C-3PO

Beechedwhale8 and sonickarma like this.
First

Back
57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66
68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77
Next

Last