1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

NEW - Campfire Comet and Atlas

First

Back
48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57
59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68
Next

Last
  1. toranku
    Hi, I used the spinfits. Fit was ok (spinfits aren't my favourite). I'd say the seal was deeper and was pretty full.

2. Beechedwhale8
    How recessed are the mids on the Atlas? From what others have said, it sounds quite good, but I'm concerned that it might be too V shaped.

3. Giraku
    To my ears, mids on Atlas are not recessed at all. Very nice and full bodied mids accompanied with strong bass, which does not bleed into mids. I don't find Atlas to be V shaped. YMMV.

shadow_shooter likes this.
  4. Beechedwhale8
    That's good to hear. How would you compare the Atlas to Andromeda if instruments and vocals are the most important factor, along with slightly elevated bass? I'm looking for a good all-rounder (I listen to acoustic, rock, orchestral, EDM, lots of variety), and was hoping one of these two would fit the bill. Thanks for any advice you can offer.

5. Giraku
    I used to own Andromeda but not any more. From my memory, Andromeda has beautiful treble, best out of my experience. However, the relatively weak bass was the main reason why I parted with Andro. Atlas may not have Andro-kind of beautiful treble, but has fuller mids and strong but not bloated bass. To me, Atlas is a better all-rounder (I also listen to wide variety of music). YMMV.

6. theveterans
    I never find the Andromeda’s mids lacking. To my ears, I find it fuller than Atlas from lower mids to the highest treble with impeccable 3D soundstage only bested by Tia Fourte IMO (Andromeda has less less depth than Atlas though).

7. Giraku
    Of course, the mids on Andro are not lacking. But in comparison with Atlas, Atlas sounds fuller to my ears. Again, the weak bass on Andro was the killer for me.

8. Rlin987
    Agree. Andro is full for me, but Atlas is fuller.

ExpatinJapan likes this.
  9. Beechedwhale8
    It sounds like the consensus is that Andros only best the Atlas when it comes to highs and soundstage? I was under the impression that the Atlas, being similar to Vega, would have weaker mids than the Andros.

10. faithguy19
    Atlas is proving to be one of if not the best iem I have heard. The sound is so full and big that it is hard for me to grasp at times.

Euphonik and Jackpot77 like this.
  11. faithguy19
    Andros do not beat the Atlas on soundstage. Highs are different. I could see one arguing that micro-details are better on Andros and that the Andros are less fatiguing.

12. HiFlight
    Based on my listening, I couldn't imagine a better all-arounder than Atlas and I have owned all the CA models except Polaris and Dorado. Big, Balanced and Beautiful signature!

Last edited: May 11, 2018
  13. faithguy19
    Agreed

14. aaf evo
    Mind sharing what other IEMs you have heard?

15. Emailz
    Has there been an in-depth A/B comparison between the Atlas and Vega yet?

First

Back
48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57
59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68
Next

Last