1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

NEW - Campfire Comet and Atlas

First

Back
39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48
50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59
Next

Last
  1. bvng3540
    @KB you had so much success with Andromeda and Vega now Atlas, ever come to your mind to create something like andro ba with Vega dd into one shell and combine both sound signature into one:ksc75smile:

candlejack likes this.
  2. Luisonic

Well! As far as I'm concerned... they're sold!
    Been wanting the Andromedas, but stopped cold when I saw you guys came out with the Atlas...

Main thing for me, with strange ears (especially the right) the Atlas seem also to be the best fit and comfort.

davidcotton and singingbee like this.
  3. dsrk
    Excellent, I never had comfort with over the ear IEMs. When Comet and Atlas were announced I thought Atlas could be it. And thanks for confirming it.

Last edited: May 3, 2018
    davidcotton and singingbee like this.
  4. Bones13 Contributor
    I listened to Comet and Atlas at Axpona, and fell in love with the Altas sound. Small, comfortable, ordered yesterday. Praying it gets here for the weekend.

singingbee likes this.
  5. Currawong Contributor
    I've had the Atlas here for a few days now and with good acoustic music they sound more "open" and clear than the full-sized Cascade. I was pretty surprised when I discovered this to say the least.

ahmedie, JaZZ, singingbee and 3 others like this.
  6. Audiophonicalistic
    Wow. I didnt have the itch to upgrade but now I do.

singingbee likes this.
  7. Jackpot77
    Mine arrived today, and I've been thinking along the same lines. It's a big fat sound, but so clear at the same time. These are impressive.

singingbee and fuhransahis like this.
  8. ceeloChamp
    I’d love to hear an objective review of the Atlas for those of you who had previously owned the Vegas...seems like there is a bit too much headphone hype going down in this thread.

aaf evo and Emailz like this.
  9. ExpatinJapan
    I have the Vega and the Atlas,
    The Andromeda and the Comet,

I have Tinsel, Litz, Reference 8 and SXC-8 cables.

I will certainly be putting them through their proper paces and testing.

Yes, there is excitment in this thread but what I have read fits well within my experience also. The Atlas is excellent.

But more serious testing of it nuances over time and compared to vega etc is required. I agree.

I am always wary of hype trains of early review units as they usually blow up once people get their actual delivery (If it doesnt measure up).

So far my experience of the Atlas has been very positive.

10. Jackpot77
    I currently have the Vega (and have owned it for over a year if memory serves) and Cascade to compare to the Atlas, so will be posting a hopefully objective comparison in a week or two, once I've had time to fully get used to the sound sig of the Atlas.

Will try not to over-hype these IEMs in the meanwhile, but like @ExpatinJapan , my early impressions are definitely very positive. Looking forward to hearing what other people think of them as they start dropping on people's doorsteps.

EDIT: updated various autocorrect errors - damned fat fingers!!

11. ceeloChamp
  12. fritz1234

Uh, that's not how I see hype
    working. Hype goes on for a while after delivery and gets into full swing about now :D You get the 'WoW" reviews that put it on people's radar. Then there's the wait and anticipation (very important :D ). THEN the deliveries- WOW! All the hype is true after all!...order.. order...order.
    And people wait for the UPS guy at their windows. This goes on for about a week, ....then your tonsils begin to leak...but I digress :D

singingbee and ExpatinJapan like this.
  13. Colors
    IEM honeymoon ~

14. kakistos
    Definitely a Campfire audio guy. Love the aesthetics of the new Atlas and Comet! Might consider selling some of my stuff to get either.

singingbee likes this.
  15. David Reeves
    I'm new around here, but wanted to chime in and confirm what you are reading here about the Atlas is true. This is my 3rd pair of CA IEM's (Jupiter, Comet, Atlas in that order) and this is by far the most impressive set of anythings I have ever heard. Granted my experience with "high" end gear, or gear in this price range, is limited but I'll still offer up my initial reaction which was that my jaw dropped and I said quite literally "WOW". It's got so much texture at all levels of sound. The highs are clear, mid's punch, and the bass is surreal. I'm not doing it justice with this basic description, but I am seriously in awe of how capable these are. I have barely scratched the surface but am excited to listen to everything all over again just to "feel" the music again. Very impressive.

I'd be interested in knowing how these compare to something like the highly regarded Andromeda's for what it's worth. I know they are most likely going to be compared to the Vega's but I'd still be interested in someone briefly highlighting the differences for me. I have been toying with the idea of picking up Andromeda's for awhile and wonder what if anything they could offer that I wouldn't find in the Atlas if anyone who has heard both feels like sharing.

Luisonic and singingbee like this.
First

Back
39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48
50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59
Next

Last