NEW - Campfire Comet and Atlas
post-14210568
Post #691 of 3,288

ExpatinJapan

Headphoneus Supremus
Reaction score
Hmm so is that why I can’t get my first DD (Lyra II) to get a proper fit vs BA driver iems I have that for like a glove with very little ear pressure and stay in place for hours while I have to keep pushing my Lyras in every couple of minutes and then my ear canal gets sore.
I love the sound over My quad driver westones and quad UE900s which don’t have the punch and a little too analytical and boring for my taste but have great detail
I like the jvc spiral tips with everything.

I get a good fit with them also(lyra ii and vega).

For a firm silicone fit try the Symbio Mandarines (i like Large wide bore), they lock my Dorado in place.

I am going to try them with the Comet.

*edit: large wide bore

Last edited:
post-14210676
Post #692 of 3,288

theveterans

Headphoneus Supremus
Reaction score
Hm, not a fan of the Comets during my daily commute. They sound great at home with the medium marshmallow stock tips but I need to turn up the volume a lot to make up for the slightly recessed vocals. I'm going to give the other tips a try. 10/10 for home listening though.

Oh, if no one's tried, try watching a video game stream or playing a video game with the Comets. I think you will be surprised at how expansive they sound.
I recommend that you should 100% switch to Mandarin Symbio W tips: it makes the Comet's mids and treble sound wonderful without losing too much bass.

post-14210783
Post #693 of 3,288

Slashn77

100+ Head-Fier
Reaction score
I like the jvc spiral tips with everything.

I get a good fit with them also(lyra ii and vega).

For a firm silicone fit try the Symbio Mandarines (i like L bore), they lock my Dorado in place.

I am going to try them with the Comet.
I did a google search and didn’t find much except Facebook which I do not have one and It says W tips. What is the difference between the W tips and L bore?
Edit: I see W is wide bore and N is normal I don’t see any L bore. Also do you know anywhere in the USA that these can be purchased new?
The W and N I can only find on some European website.

Last edited:
Reactions: ExpatinJapan
post-14210794
Post #694 of 3,288

bsoplinger

1000+ Head-Fier
Reaction score
Symbio has W for wide bore and N for normal. I'm not sure if its a typo or perhaps they previously used L for large bore? The person(s) who make these is in Hungary so it may be a language issue.

Reactions: ExpatinJapan
post-14210821
Post #696 of 3,288

ExpatinJapan

Headphoneus Supremus
Reaction score
Ah yes W bore, sorry.

post-14211612
Post #697 of 3,288

rantng

Headphoneus Supremus
Reaction score
Hmm so is that why I can’t get my first DD (Lyra II) to get a proper fit vs BA driver iems I have that for like a glove with very little ear pressure and stay in place for hours while I have to keep pushing my Lyras in every couple of minutes and then my ear canal gets sore.
I love the sound over My quad driver westones and quad UE900s which don’t have the punch and a little too analytical and boring for my taste but have great detail
With their DD based IEMs, the only part which made contact with my ear was the nozzle inside my ear canal. I basically had to rely on the cable over my ear, combined with the eartips inside my ears to keep the IEMs in place. With the BA based ones, the IEM is actually seated inside my ear. The Atlas & Comet resemble the DD based CA offerings, but with the added issue that the nozzles are parallel to the IEM body, which means they are meant to be “jammed” directly into the ear canals, without the benefit of the cable running over the ear, although it seems over-the-ear wear is possible. I’ll have to wait to demo the Atlas & Comet in person.

post-14211730
Post #698 of 3,288

HiFlight

Headphoneus Supremus
Reaction score
With their DD based IEMs, the only part which made contact with my ear was the nozzle inside my ear canal. I basically had to rely on the cable over my ear, combined with the eartips inside my ears to keep the IEMs in place. With the BA based ones, the IEM is actually seated inside my ear. The Atlas & Comet resemble the DD based CA offerings, but with the added issue that the nozzles are parallel to the IEM body, which means they are meant to be “jammed” directly into the ear canals, without the benefit of the cable running over the ear, although it seems over-the-ear wear is possible. I’ll have to wait to demo the Atlas & Comet in person.
I found both Atlas and Comet to be comfortable and securely held in position with over-ear wear. Atlas fit better than Comet for me.

Last edited:
post-14211790
Post #699 of 3,288

Colors

Headphoneus Supremus
Reaction score
I found both Atlas and Comet to be comfortable and securely held in position with over-ear wear. Atlas fit better than Comet for me.
Over-the-ear works with the Comets but I find the sound is best with normal insertion.

post-14211797
Post #700 of 3,288

theveterans

Headphoneus Supremus
Reaction score
2E0427B9-926B-46C5-873C-D80436ECD8B7.jpeg
Over-the-ear works with the Comets but I find the sound is best with normal insertion.
I prefer them wearing downwards.
To eliminate the cable weight completely, I use a shirt clip

Reactions: Colors
post-14212693
Post #704 of 3,288

tofudog

New Head-Fier
Reaction score
Folks-I love my Vegas (with SXC8 cable), and am waiting for a review of the Atlas to come out, but can anyone weigh in about the performance gap between the Atlas and Vegas please? Is it incremental, or significant? and, how? I try to find something I love and stick with it-so not prone to capriciously trading gear....
thank you!

post-14212975
Post #705 of 3,288

theveterans

Headphoneus Supremus
Reaction score
Folks-I love my Vegas (with SXC8 cable), and am waiting for a review of the Atlas to come out, but can anyone weigh in about the performance gap between the Atlas and Vegas please? Is it incremental, or significant? and, how? I try to find something I love and stick with it-so not prone to capriciously trading gear....
thank you!
With my brief Audition from CanJam, it is incremental. To my ears Atlas did not blow away Vega. Rather, Atlas refined the upper mids smoothness where it used to be bit sibilant with some female voices but now controlled. Also, I hear a tiny bit more soundstage width but equal depth from Vega with Atlas. The biggest improvement is the smooth and controlled rise from mids to treble with Atlas and a bit more resolved but bigger sounding bass. I suspect Vega's bass resolution can be improved by using Atlas's pure silver which I intended to buy after it shows up on CA website.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)