NEW - Campfire Comet and Atlas
Apr 14, 2018 at 10:48 AM Post #436 of 3,483
Never liked foam tips not because of the improved isolation or discomfort but because sound with silicones always sounded more extended despite sacrificing some isolation compared to foam.
This is my experience too, although lately, I have come to appreciate foams a little more. In general, I find foams to absorb more of the sound whereas silicone simply transmits it.

Apr 14, 2018 at 11:45 AM Post #437 of 3,483
Had a chance yesterday to spend quality time with both the Comet and the Atlas. I was prepared to take a set of Comets home, at least until I heard the Atlas. Absolutely stunning! While the Comets punch way above their price point, I decided to wait and place my order for the Atlas come the May ordering window. While both fit my ears cable up and cable down, the Atlas gave me the best, most secure fit. Also, the new silver Atlas cable is likely the nicest stock cable I have yet seen on an IEM! :ksc75smile:

You made a wise decision. When compare side by side, the difference between the two is so huge that I don’t think I will be happy with the Comet if I know the sound of the Atlas. It is true that the Comet definitely worth much more than it costs. I have ordered the Atlas. It’s been a week since I auditioned the Atlas and I keep missing the full/big sound signature.

Apr 14, 2018 at 12:30 PM Post #439 of 3,483
The Atlas only looks big on picture but in real life It is actually very small. Only slightly bigger than the Comet and feel solid in the hand but not heavy at all when you wear them. They can really disappear in your ear especially when music start playing you won’t even pay attention to them because the music will grab all of your attention.
As for sound signature, in my opinion, with the Comet, I can hear very nice music playing but with the Atlas, I can feel my music and tap my feet and start swaying my body. I love big sound with PRat, I love sound with body, I love full range and I get all of that from Atlas. In fact comparing the two there is almost a feeling like comparing iems to full size headphone. Like I said previously, it is not just loud but the sound is highend.

Last edited:
Apr 14, 2018 at 1:11 PM Post #440 of 3,483
Campfire Comet + MandarinEs Symbio eartips!

photo_2018-04-15_01-08-49.jpg

Apr 14, 2018 at 1:11 PM Post #441 of 3,483
The Atlas only looks big on picture but in real life It is actually very small. Only slightly bigger than the Comet and feel solid in the hand but not heavy at all when you wear them. They can really disappear in your ear especially when music start playing you won’t even pay attention to them because the music will grab all of your attention.
As for sound signature, in my opinion, with the Comet, I can hear very nice music playing but with the Atlas, I can feel my music and tap my feet and start swaying my body. I love big sound with PRat, I love sound with body, I love full range and I get all of that from Atlas. In fact comparing the two there is almost a feeling like comparing iems to full size headphone. Like I said previously, it is not just loud but the sound is highend.

Atlas IMHO is what Vega should've been. That sometimes thin mids with Vega is 100% eliminated with Atlas while providing an even bigger sound and depth. Unfortunately, Atlas' shell is too big for my antitragus causing discomfort after an hour of listening.

Apr 14, 2018 at 1:13 PM Post #442 of 3,483
Campfire Comet + MandarinEs Symbio eartips!

Yep. That Symbio W significantly improves Comet's sound! I exclusively use it for all of my CA IEMs.

Apr 14, 2018 at 1:15 PM Post #443 of 3,483
Yep. That Symbio W significantly improves Comet's sound! I exclusively use it for all of my CA IEMs.
The Symbio pairs greatly with the Comet. There is a tighter presentation and vocals showcase a higher level of finesse. :)

Apr 14, 2018 at 3:27 PM Post #447 of 3,483
Atlas IMHO is what Vega should've been. That sometimes thin mids with Vega is 100% eliminated with Atlas while providing an even bigger sound and depth. Unfortunately, Atlas' shell is too big for my antitragus causing discomfort after an hour of listening.
The mids/vocals are recessed on Atlas ( like Vega) or forward or more in balance with the bass and treble ,???

Apr 14, 2018 at 3:56 PM Post #448 of 3,483
The mids/vocals are recessed on Atlas ( like Vega) or forward or more in balance with the bass and treble ,???

IMO, it's slightly a bit more forward for the most part the same. The issue is the lower mids (750 to 1K) can be too recessed for my taste but Atlas doesn't have that trough to my ears. Vega has a 2K hump that can sometimes cause that thin female mids IMO. I just need to confirm with Frequency Response from Atlas and see if that 2K hump is absent.

Apr 14, 2018 at 9:13 PM Post #450 of 3,483
No as the standard litz is silver plated copper.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back