NEW - Campfire Comet and Atlas
Feb 27, 2020 at 12:57 PM Post #3,137 of 3,483
I went with ADV custom tips as they seal well and stay put.
I had issues with my Atlases staying put and tried lots of different tips, but finally settled on a pair of Spiral Dot ++ (size small, like you I have small ears). They stay put perfectly and are wide bore and shallow (i.e. the iem doesn't get 'buried' inside the tip) so they don't alter the sound, save that they maintain the bass as they create an excellent seal. The only downside was that I had to import them (they're not available in the UK) so they cost me about £18 for the pair! I also use Fiio cables (LC-2.5C I think) which allows me to wear the Atlases 'over-ear', which also helps them to stay in place.

Feb 27, 2020 at 1:02 PM Post #3,138 of 3,483
I am not an owner of the Atlas nor have I heard the Ikko OH10's, but I do remember from trying the Atlas' at Can Jam London last year absolutely loving them, I spent what felt like hours listening to them over the 2 days. If I had the funds I would have been an owner by now

You could consider IMR IEM's as a cheaper alternative, I was keen on the Atlas but not the price, but it had been brought to my attention that IMR acoustics and the IMR R1.
At the time I looked the newly released R2 Aten were available, it had good all around sound and staging, those and the R2 Reds fulfil my need for bass.
I have had a similar experience with my IMR Rah's, which I ordered before getting the Atlases but which arrived after the Atlases. I switched to the Rah for a couple of months as I was intrigued by the tuning options and was having problems getting the Atlases to stay in (see my previous post) and I'd say they are about 80-90% as good as the Atlases (though less than 50% of the price). The bass on the Rahs probably goes a bit lower, though is a bit less controlled, and the soundstage might be a touch wider on the Rahs, but the Atlases just seem to me to have a more controlled and coherent overall sound. And they fit better than the Rahs (I prefer deep insertion over the shallower fit of the Rahs) now that I have found the perfect tips in the Spiral Dot ++s. The IMRs are a really fantastic IEM at the pricepoint though, and I'd be more than happy with them if I didn't have the Atlases.

Mar 9, 2020 at 2:14 AM Post #3,139 of 3,483
Just a quick background:

due to my dissatisfaction with the campfire iems (yes even the andro and the vega) i have owned over the years, i have developed a hatred over the company.

But the atlas, at first listen spoke to me unlike any other iem ever had! Having owned iems like the zeus xiv, jh angie, lime ears model x, fibass, etc.I'm no stranger to higher priced iems and as such am not blown away by any iem that comes my way. But theres seriously something about the atlas that draws me to it (may just be because i have not listened to any iems prior to demoing). *Now I'm not saying that I've jumped to the campfire fanclub but rather it made me look at campfire in a different way now.*

Ever since owning the atlas i can wholeheartedly say that i have found my endgame. Coupled with the wm1a (with FW mods) it just sings so effortlessly and gracefully. For the first time i have only got good things to say to it no negatives and drawbacks!

Last edited:
Mar 9, 2020 at 2:28 AM Post #3,140 of 3,483
I have had a similar experience with my IMR Rah's, which I ordered before getting the Atlases but which arrived after the Atlases. I switched to the Rah for a couple of months as I was intrigued by the tuning options and was having problems getting the Atlases to stay in (see my previous post) and I'd say they are about 80-90% as good as the Atlases (though less than 50% of the price). The bass on the Rahs probably goes a bit lower, though is a bit less controlled, and the soundstage might be a touch wider on the Rahs, but the Atlases just seem to me to have a more controlled and coherent overall sound. And they fit better than the Rahs (I prefer deep insertion over the shallower fit of the Rahs) now that I have found the perfect tips in the Spiral Dot ++s. The IMRs are a really fantastic IEM at the pricepoint though, and I'd be more than happy with them if I didn't have the Atlases.
Try accoustune aet07 they give more sparkly treble and gives better separation, transients, speed and attack than the spirals :D

Better fit as well since the shaft is both thicker and narrower.

Mar 9, 2020 at 11:08 AM Post #3,141 of 3,483
I just sold my IMR Rah’s. I loved the sound but for an every day commuter the isolation that they provide was not ideal. Now I’m looking for an Atlas. Anyone here have a pair that they’d like to sell?

Mar 9, 2020 at 1:49 PM Post #3,142 of 3,483
I just sold my IMR Rah’s. I loved the sound but for an every day commuter the isolation that they provide was not ideal. Now I’m looking for an Atlas. Anyone here have a pair that they’d like to sell?
Would of thought that the atlas might not be the best for isolation requirements due to the vents needed for the dynamic driver?

Mar 9, 2020 at 2:40 PM Post #3,143 of 3,483
Would of thought that the atlas might not be the best for isolation requirements due to the vents needed for the dynamic driver?

I'm not sure myself. My local Campfire Audio dealer no longer has an Atlas demo in store. Starting to regret selling the Rah's.

Mar 9, 2020 at 6:18 PM Post #3,144 of 3,483
Was just wondering what type spinfits came with the comets? Get a good seal with medium on the right but feel like it's not quite there on the left so need a large. Also any cheapish recs for a cable replacement as mine has the issue with the strain relief on the right side and it's only a matter of time before it gives out :frowning2:

Thanks

Mar 9, 2020 at 6:21 PM Post #3,145 of 3,483
Was just wondering what type spinfits came with the comets? Get a good seal with medium on the right but feel like it's not quite there on the left so need a large. Also any cheapish recs for a cable replacement as mine has the issue with the strain relief on the right side and it's only a matter of time before it gives out :frowning2:

Thanks
Best cable replacement is via ALO Warehouse's sale site. They have the original Litz cable for $29 USD. I just bought one with a 4.4mm for that price.

https://aloaudio.deals/cables/

Mar 9, 2020 at 6:24 PM Post #3,146 of 3,483
Mar 9, 2020 at 7:28 PM Post #3,147 of 3,483
Does it still have the rubbish chin slider thing though? That thing drives me nuts.
Not sure. I receive it tomorrow. I'll let you know when it arrives

I also just bought a Null Audio cable and it was really affordable as well

Mar 16, 2020 at 5:28 PM Post #3,148 of 3,483
Just bought the Atlas. It's on the way in the mail. Hoping to have it this weekend.

Mar 16, 2020 at 9:30 PM Post #3,150 of 3,483

Users who are viewing this thread

Back