1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

NEW - Campfire Comet and Atlas

First

Back
158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167
169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178
Next

Last
  1. talmadge
    Same here. You just have to find what tips work best for you. For me it’s comply foam tips. Silicone tips just don’t work for me fit or comfort and yes I’ve tried them all.

2. Arkady Duntov
    I couldn't get a reliable, repeatable fit with Final-E, Spiral Dot, SpinFit CP-100, SpinFit CP-240, Dekoni Bulletz, or Symbio Mandarine N or W tips; there was either insufficient seal or they sealed to the point of blocking all sound.

Comply tips -- TSX-400, in my case -- give me a good, comfortable seal every time.

Jearly410 likes this.
  3. Rockwell75
    I went for it. I absolutely love them. Might get around to a more detailed post later.

4. paulgc
    No surprise. Enjoy.

5. Rockwell75
    After much pontificating and perusing of reviews I took the plunge yesterday and picked up a set of these from Travis at Headphone Bar in Vancouver. In short-- they are stunning, easily the best (and most) money I've ever spent in this hobby. Incidentally the pure silver litz cable that comes with these is by itself worth more than any other IEMs I have ever owned. On to what matters-- this is the sound I have been searching for my whole life. As someone whose tastes veer towards EDM, funk and other music rooted in beats and rhythm these are a dream come true. You feel totally surrounded and enveloped in the music. The bass is powerful and immersive-- but not overbearing. In fact all frequencies feel totally present, alive and equally balanced. I was hearing notes and instruments flying at me from all directions. I have never been so totally immersed in my music before. I wouldn't class these as "basshead", it's just that they do bass so incredibly well...and everything else for that matter. I think my reaction to the bass in these is less "that's a lot of bass" and more like "oh bass, where have you been my whole ilfe?". Nothing is heard that isn't present in the original recording, and there is zero distortion no matter how high I turned the volume on my M9.

I'm not really an audiophile and I don't have the vocabulary or palette do do a proper review-- all I can say is what I feel. All my music is coming to life like never before-- it's like re-meeting old friends for the first time and discovering that you never really knew them. Listening to them now it feels like I'm dreaming but in reality it's that I've never before been truly awake. Everything I have played in these has been a total revelation and I often find myself smiling ear to ear in enjoyment.

Some standout tracks that have to be heard to be believed:

Underworld - Juanita/Kiteless
    Massive Attack - Daydreaming
    Concrete Blonde - Bloodletting
    Global Communication - Natural High
    Oingo Boingo - Dead Man's Party
    Dire Straits - Sultans of Swing
    Grant Green - Sookie Sookie
    Trent Reznor - In Motion
    George Michael - Cowboys and Angels
    Boards of Canada - Aquarius
    Traveling Wilburys - End of the Line
    Daft Punk - Get Lucky

The Atlas pairs perfectly with my Fiio M9-- no separate amplification necessary. Fit wasn't a problem as some reviewers let me to believe-- at least not for me. Nor was getting a good seal-- the xl Final Audio tips that were included were perfect for me.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 9, 2019
    Colors, Passenger11, bluebair and 5 others like this.
  6. Rockwell75
    51779331_10161521551395654_2944948939020828672_n.jpg
    Three of my current loves-- my cat Mango, my M9 and the Campfire Atlas :)

7. Sam L
    Great write up! For someone claiming to not be an "audiophile" you sure sound like one. :)
    I think the hallmark of an effective review lies not in the terminology or accuracy of what is being described, but rather the faithful adherence in describing how the music affects you, the listener, as compared to other products. From that perspective, you killed it!

8. Dobrescu George
    Seems that lately I have been getting Zero driver flex with Atlas and Final Tips included in the package :)

9. Rockwell75
    Would the Atlas work with Bluetooth without a major sacrifice in sound quality? If so what would be the best gear to do it (in terms of cables/bluetooth amps).

10. Dobrescu George
    Not exactly, but I had decent to actually good results using FiiO BTR3 :)

You can imagine a Mytek Brooklyn DAC+ or an iBasso DX200 or an iFi xDSD sounds much better with Atlas, but if you're looking for a good bluetooth module, BTR3 from FiiO should do the trick.

11. bluebair
    Im just waiting for the day that there are real hifi quality bluetooth mmcx cables that loop around your neck discretely.

12. Rockwell75
    I'm looking for a set of wide boar eartips similar in size to the stock silicon tips (not the FA ones) that come with the Campfire Atlas but are more comfortable...any suggestions?

13. Dobrescu George
    NextDrive SpectraX is the closest something gets to a really high-quality ulrta-portable solution, but that one doesn't have a battery in its body. Sounds astonishing with Atlas... :)

Basically, it is really complicated to create capacitors and electronics small and light enough, along with power deliver, and batteries, to place in a neck band thingy.

It may be possible with future tech advancements, but generally, if it is small and complex, it gets hot.

There are very good solutions around, just not quite as good as a truly high-end DAP / AMP

14. Rockwell75
    The Atlas are fairly easy to drive and they sound amazing with my Fiio M9. Am I missing out by not adding more power?

15. subguy812
    JVC Spiral Dots

First

Back
158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167
169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178
Next

Last