1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

NEW - Campfire Comet and Atlas

First

Back
116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125
127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136
Next

Last
  1. davidcotton
    Yep, some custom tips I had done by custom art had the t-400 nozzle size, and they fit fine. This is the problem I have tip rolling. By the time you've done a few (particularly in the uk), you may as well stump up for a set of impressions and have done with it.

MyPants likes this.
  2. kingdixon

Guys, will the driver flex issue affect the iem in any bad way ? Meaning when it happens frequently can it damage the driver ??

Last edited: Aug 22, 2018
  3. chimney189
    The imaging this IEM executes is awesome.

4. Den Sol
    Waited this morning for Fedex and got my Atlas now! First impression on both aesthetics and sound is good. Listened for 15 minutes before having to leave for work. Will spend more time enjoying my new toy later.

5. paulgc
    They get better over time.

6. Random Lunatic
    Does anyone have some comparative impressions with the noble Katana, Encore or K10? Or even Westone UM 50 v2? I'm sort of concerned about the detail/resolution of the Atlas compared to fx. the Katana. I currently have a Sennheiser IE800 and am concerned how big of an upgrade it would really be?

Edit: Spotted a comparison to the Encores earlier in the thread, but more thoughts are always appreciated - especially on some of the IEM's :)

7. crezo
    Any comparisons between the atlas and Dorado? The Atlases sound like they sound great, but I'm just not getting on with the fit of the commets even with my 20+ different tip types. The Dorados sound like they'd be right up my street and are the sort of shape/fit I much prefer... plus I'm after massive bass.

8. mashuto
    Why not consider the vega? Its got the same basic shape as the dorado, just the nozzle is shorter. And while I havent heard the dorado, the bass is massive on the vega. And overall the sound is rather similar to the atlas, just maybe with a bit less sparkle and detail up top, and maybe slightly slightly more recessed mids.

9. chimney189
    Has anyone tried the Atlas out with the Cowon Plenue D?

10. Ty89m
    Just wanted to give a shout out to the guys (and gal!) at Campfire Audio - decided to stop en-route in Portland on our way from Bozeman Montana to our little place on the coast of Washington. I picked up the ZX300 for my Andros the week before our vacation (and the balanced litz cable to match) and when Atlas arrived I quickly realized balanced was a MUST with ZX300. Was a cool experience grabbing the cable direct from Campfire, seeing the shop, and even got to speak with Ken briefly! Great group of folks!

Anyway, between my new Andro and Atlas running balanced via ZX300 - I'm thinking I'm set for awhile (famous last words). What a great pair to have!

Thanks again all!

Edit: As I mentioned in an older post, driver flex was/is a legit issue - but I've settled on the CA marshmallow tips, and all is well. My ears are slowly getting used to the foam. Will get some Symbios on the way to try soon.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2018
    digitalzed, Colors, Jazza517 and 2 others like this.
  11. Audiophonicalistic
    Yes the best is yet to come. Congrats. Sorry made for they guy who only listened for 15 min.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2018
  12. crezo
    To be honest its between those two for me, but I tend to prefer the signature of hybrids rather than just DDs or just BAs. My issue is I won't be able to demo either so just interested in some feedback if anyone has heard them.

13. chimney189
    So, I just tried these tips today. So far the comfort is unmatched!
    In terms of change in sound signature I would say that it adds warmth while at the same time making everything even more energized! There is added body to the bass (I think some might say that there could be a bleed into the mid-range, but this might me being crazy). You can really feel a rumble with these tips!

14. Den Sol
    Enjoying my Atlas! Comparing to my previous best headphones B&W P7, the closed back P7 felt muffled, whereas Atlas felt more open and 'real', maybe that's what folks talking about when they talking sound stage? The Atlas is much louder as well, had to use lower volume on my DAP.

Interesting thing is while doing thing listening to music, I will be attracted by the music and paused whatever else I am doing to listen more attentively.

Now I am wondering should I get a balanced cable for the IEM. First thing though, I am not quite sure how to remove the stock cable. Don't want to brute force it, these are not cheap man :D.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2018
  15. MyPants
    The campfire mmcx connectors are really nice and thus really firm. I usually get my fingernails between the iem and the connector and try to apply even, kinda-pinching force to pull it up out of the IEM. Otherwise if you can get a good grip on the connector itself go ahead and pull hard (just NEVER the actual cable).
    As for balanced, I find it helps channel separation a good bit and adds a little to soundstage for most of my headphones, but YMMV. Does your DAP have a balanced output?

Den Sol likes this.
First

Back
116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125
127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136
Next

Last