NEW - Campfire Comet and Atlas
Aug 18, 2018 at 10:24 AM Post #1,846 of 3,483
I really don't like the idea of putting a rating system on headphones or IEMs .. let the reviewer give his opinion without the numbers or letter at the end.
Then again, I'm a person that wants to get rid of the grading system in education as a whole...

Aug 18, 2018 at 2:31 PM Post #1,848 of 3,483
Most of his reviews are based on vet short demos o
Saw a post that shows Campfire Atlas being worse than Vega. Personally hearing both, IMO Atlas is equally good and better than Vega in technicalities such as treble smoothness and especially in bass texture and body. I think the OP didn't like the slightly more "L-shaped" Atlas and preferred the peakier "V-shaped" Vega. Personally, I like both Atlas and Vega tuning but on some songs, I sometimes like that treble spike from Vega that is a little bit muted in Atlas, but Atlas in general is better technically speaking IMHO.

PS. Regarding Comet, it wouldn't be able to compete with Andromeda or a well tuned single DD IEM due to limitations of a single BA setup.

Yes, I would not take this review as the end all and be all. It is great to have one person be able to give his impressions all in one place, but most of his reviews seem to be based not even on extended listening sessions, but on listening to different iems in stores or at a show for 20 minutes. I respect him for his attempts to try as many iems as possible, but I have found my ears often do not agree with his quiy substantially.

The atlas is also an iem that definitely needs to be broken in (and. I’m not generally a big break in guy) and it requires some extended listening.

Aug 18, 2018 at 2:57 PM Post #1,849 of 3,483
I have recently bought a AK SE100 and very interested in the CA Atlas right now :L3000:

I have the SE100 and just received the Atlas yesterday. I've spent about 5 hours listening so far and am pretty damn happy with the match between the two. The SE100 is a very resolving DAP and the combo of it with the Atlas is, so far, really proving to be a match made in heaven. All the detail of the SE100 is there and the Atlas really dig the lower frequencies out with some very powerful but well-controlled bass. The combo leaves nothing lacking in the mids or highs to my ears, either. I need more time with them for sure. But out of the box, I'm very pleased.

Aug 18, 2018 at 4:30 PM Post #1,850 of 3,483
I have the SE100 and just received the Atlas yesterday. I've spent about 5 hours listening so far and am pretty damn happy with the match between the two. The SE100 is a very resolving DAP and the combo of it with the Atlas is, so far, really proving to be a match made in heaven. All the detail of the SE100 is there and the Atlas really dig the lower frequencies out with some very powerful but well-controlled bass. The combo leaves nothing lacking in the mids or highs to my ears, either. I need more time with them for sure. But out of the box, I'm very pleased.
Thanks Jeff for replying in both here and the SE100 thread! That's very helpful!

Aug 18, 2018 at 4:54 PM Post #1,851 of 3,483
My Vega’s are purely great and I never had any desire for the Atlas. In 6 months CA will release something new for a couple hundred more and you’ll all be slagging on the Atlas instead of Vegas.

Aug 18, 2018 at 5:06 PM Post #1,852 of 3,483
I had my eyes on the Vegas all along, then the Atlas got released. I'm hoping that the Vegas show up as b-stock or as a Massdrop reduced price sale. I wouldn't mind checking them out.

CA said that the Atlas is as far as they can go with the A.D.L.C. Diaphragm Dynamic Driver. The 10mm size hits it's limit.

Last edited:
Aug 18, 2018 at 5:48 PM Post #1,853 of 3,483
I had my eyes on the Vegas all along, then the Atlas got released. I'm hoping that the Vegas show up as b-stock or as a Massdrop reduced price sale. I wouldn't mind checking them out.

CA said that the Atlas is as far as they can go with the A.D.L.C. Diaphragm Dynamic Driver. The 10mm size hits it's limit.
I would be in for a massdrop drop.
I’ve seen the Lyras did well there I can only imagine the Vegas for $699 at the end of the quarter and CA could make another $80k+ in sales

Users who are viewing this thread

Back