1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

NEW - Campfire Comet and Atlas

First

Back
113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122
124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133
Next

Last
  1. chimney189
    I prefer the medium Final Audio tips .. it gives the Atlas' bass more body, a fuller sound. The Symbio made everything a tad too thin for me.

2. chimney189
    Great track to show off the Atlas' strengths .. 'Cavern' by Kazuki Muraoka on the Metal Gear OST.

Audiophonicalistic likes this.
  3. Ty89m
    I’m new to dynamic driver IEM’s, and am curious about driver flex - I didn’t think it’d be a huge issue, but I was wrong. I find my usual tip choice (large more often than not) is not an option with the Atlas. Completely shuts the music off. Am I correct in assuming one must use smaller silicone tips with less seal, or stick with foam? I have a tough time with comfort and foam - but can sacrfice if necessary.

Any techniques to prevent the flex when using silicone tips with a tight seal?

kissell123 and Colors like this.
  4. Colors
    Stick with foam.

5. chimney189
    I actually like the comfort of the foam tips, but the issue I have with them is that they take away fullness from the bass to the point of it almost sounding sterile.

Anyone else have a similar experience?

6. Sharkhunter

I had the same issue with the silicone tips. I ended up using a one size down and while inserting try inserting at an angle and twisting it to position. And while removing, try twisting the iems to break the seal.

Focal smal tips work fine for me. I picked up M size tips for jvc spiral.. these seem to work better for me.

Arkady Duntov and subguy812 like this.
  7. Clemmaster
    Wet the tips and squeeze them before you insert. Like ear plugs.

8. 8481
    I'm on the same boat as you, best tips so far are Marshmallow tips/Symbio W tips.

9. chimney189
    I just found out that I wasn't putting the foam tips in deep enough.
    I love them now :ksc75smile:

10. Audiophonicalistic
    I found wearing them down with silicone increases driver flex but when I wrap cable around ear and wear them upright then I dont get any driver flex. I think I have the spinfits on now and either prefer spinfits, symbio, or spiral dots. Im always changing.

11. subguy812
    DING DING DING....in my experience with Final Audio tips and many IEM's ...it is the one tip I step down one size smaller. I use large JVC Spiral Dots but I always use the next down on Final Audio and achieve the best sound. Believe it or not your bass response will even be better.

Arkady Duntov likes this.
  12. theveterans
    Saw a post that shows Campfire Atlas being worse than Vega. Personally hearing both, IMO Atlas is equally good and better than Vega in technicalities such as treble smoothness and especially in bass texture and body. I think the OP didn't like the slightly more "L-shaped" Atlas and preferred the peakier "V-shaped" Vega. Personally, I like both Atlas and Vega tuning but on some songs, I sometimes like that treble spike from Vega that is a little bit muted in Atlas, but Atlas in general is better technically speaking IMHO.

PS. Regarding Comet, it wouldn't be able to compete with Andromeda or a well tuned single DD IEM due to limitations of a single BA setup.

Capture.PNG

13. Carlsan
    Careful with that reviewer. He seems to go though an awful lot of gear within a few months. I agree with him on certain things, then others, that I have heard or owned myself, I just shake my head.
    In the end we all hear differently but I like to give at least a week or two before making any final judgement on anything.

I find it interesting that almost every other review or reviewer, who have listened to both, say that the Atlas are an improvement on the Vega.

I would at least put the Atlas up there with other A+ earphones. I've heard the top end 64Ears earphones and agree they have some excellent traits. But they all cost more than the Atlas as well.
    My peeve with that list is that he also rates the UM Me. fairly low on his list. I happen to think they are outstanding, especially for the price.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2018
    theveterans likes this.
  14. kdphan
    Agree with the part where we all hear things differently.

If the xelento/T8ie are in the A range, then the Atlas needs to be a level ahead.

15. Carlsan
    The Atlas also blows away the AKG N5005, which I also own. Both are in the B category.

First

Back
113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122
124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133
Next

Last