NEW - Campfire Comet and Atlas
Aug 7, 2018 at 11:38 AM Post #1,802 of 3,483
Pretty sure ken ball always in the past recommended the marshmallow foamies. Not sure if thats still the case for the comet/atlas, but I just personally have never liked foam tips. The final audio tips I think are quite nice for the atlas, and since I can wear it down, that definitely affects the tip requirements for me. And bigger round shape silicone tips have always worked for me when wearing down.

Aug 7, 2018 at 1:59 PM Post #1,804 of 3,483
Pretty sure ken ball always in the past recommended the marshmallow foamies. Not sure if thats still the case for the comet/atlas, but I just personally have never liked foam tips. The final audio tips I think are quite nice for the atlas, and since I can wear it down, that definitely affects the tip requirements for me. And bigger round shape silicone tips have always worked for me when wearing down.

Usual issues with tips for me. Silicone also have a nasty suction effect when trying to remove them quickly. Did find something interesting about foamies at work today. I don't have to squeeze them to get them to fit, just put them straight in. Using a large on the left and medium on the right. That said should be getting my custom art tips this week, so hopefully that will help. Keep meaning to get round to swopping out the cable for one without a mic but not got round to it yet.

Aug 7, 2018 at 4:15 PM Post #1,805 of 3,483
Spent some time comparing Atlas to SE846. Atlas with stock cable and SE846 with @MoonAudio Silver Dragons.(So not = price points after the cable upgrade) Hugo2 DAC with Tidal HiFi. If you like one you could well like the other... well at least I like both. I would suggest: both have good sub bass response; Atlas may be a bit brighter or "airy" while SE846 might have more mid in comparison. but close to each other. Using original filters in the 846. Both with foam tips. Have the blue/red tips on the Atlas (from Campfire). Had to look down to see which cable was plugged in at times. The Litz cable on the CA is very tangle free. @KB thinking about the ALO CA SXC 8 cable. Do they come in a dedicated bag? Didn't try swapping MMCX cables. Drew, are you doing cables for the CA Atlas?

Aug 10, 2018 at 3:45 AM Post #1,808 of 3,483
Aug 10, 2018 at 4:06 AM Post #1,809 of 3,483
Aug 11, 2018 at 12:01 PM Post #1,811 of 3,483
I just received the Atlas, so I'll be posting up impressions in a few days then hopefully a comparison to the Andromeda.

Aug 12, 2018 at 7:48 AM Post #1,812 of 3,483
Spent some time comparing Atlas to SE846. Atlas with stock cable and SE846 with @MoonAudio Silver Dragons.(So not = price points after the cable upgrade) Hugo2 DAC with Tidal HiFi. If you like one you could well like the other... well at least I like both. I would suggest: both have good sub bass response; Atlas may be a bit brighter or "airy" while SE846 might have more mid in comparison. but close to each other. Using original filters in the 846. Both with foam tips. Have the blue/red tips on the Atlas (from Campfire). Had to look down to see which cable was plugged in at times. The Litz cable on the CA is very tangle free. @KB thinking about the ALO CA SXC 8 cable. Do they come in a dedicated bag? Didn't try swapping MMCX cables. Drew, are you doing cables for the CA Atlas?

I have a moon audio cable for my shure 535 and have to say I was impressed by the upgrade. Now Im a cable junkie. With memory wire the fit is a little awkward with cfa atlas. Maybe you could remove it?

Aug 12, 2018 at 10:09 AM Post #1,813 of 3,483
I am currently working on my review of the Atlas. I apologize for the long break since I have completed any other reviews. However, I am back at it and the Atlas will be the next one I complete.

Aug 12, 2018 at 8:55 PM Post #1,814 of 3,483

Users who are viewing this thread

Back