1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

NEW - Campfire Comet and Atlas

First

Back
95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104
106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115
Next

Last
  1. davidcotton
    Got my Comet from Hifiheadphones today, excellent service thanks! Not had time to give them a serious spin but was surprised to see final audio E type series tips in there instead of spinfit. Annoyingly my Hiby R6 has had to go back for replacement (faulty wifi :frowning2: ) so making do with a sony a35 for now.

2. Audiophonicalistic
    Sorry to hear that brother. Before you know it I'm sure you'll be back. Take care

Colors likes this.
  3. faithguy19
    I sure hope so. I had just got to the point where I didn't have the itch to upgrade. Was pretty happy with the Atlas and Cascade. It might be a bit before I get back but I hope to soon.

4. davesday
    Looks like I will stick with the stock cable and hope CA would release a Silver Litz on Balanced 2.5/4.4mm. I went back the pages and read that SXC8 is recommended but the cable is a very thick and heavy. I'm still going to check out pure silver cables when I get to HK next month and in JP by year end.

5. faithguy19
    Here you go... https://www.aloaudio.com/shop/pure-silver-litz/

davesday likes this.
  6. davesday
  7. Audiophonicalistic
    They have it on alo site. Try contacting cfa and they might give you a discount. They offered me one since I purchased the atlas with them.

davesday likes this.
  8. 8481
    I second this, got a discount for my balanced Litz as well.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2018
    davesday likes this.
  9. davesday
    Good to know. I'll give it a try then. Thanks!

10. gawroot
    Hi,
    I wanted to upgrade my Comet's cable to a balanced one but I'm a student and I live in Europe so the Pure Silver Litz cable isn't available here yet. I wanted to ask you if I should wait and pay a little bit more the this one or should I go directly with the Litz one that is 80 dollars cheaper. I mean, is there a real difference between them and will I be able to hear it with my 200 dollars but nonetheless great CA-s ?
    Thanks !

11. MyPants
    So, I'm currently running the pure silver litz in 2.5mm balanced with Comet and I can say it's an excellent pairing. I have some impressions a few pages back in this thread. I have no doubt the SPC Litz or even the copper Litz would sound fine-to-excellent as well, but they come with memory wire. I personally don't want to run memory wire with a cable-down iem but I equally don't want to take side-snips to my snazzy cables either. As far as whether or not you'll hear it, I'd ask what your source is, cause a cable is one of those upgrades that really only makes sense if the rest of your signal chain is solid.

12. gawroot
    I am currently using the comets with the R3 that I just received ! It has a balanced input and I heard that the comets were even better with it and thanks for the tips !

Last edited: Jul 3, 2018
  13. oneula

14. Colors
    Great video! And also agree on the Atlas being emotional. Don’t go in before listening and thinking this earphone is reference or analytical (you have the Andromeda for that). Close your eyes and “feel” the music.

I got a similar vibe from the Nova which was wayyyyy more so. If you tried to “listen” and “analyze” it, the worse it sounded. But if you allowed your mind to wander while doing something else (sort of like background music), it was one of best IEMs ever.

Audiophonicalistic likes this.
  15. davesday
    So true. I hear a lot of comments about silver is 'more for high frequency' and copper is 'more for low frequency', so why not mix both. Also comments that you should mix silver cables on 'warm iems' and vice versa. Frankly speaking I would agree that it has a lot to do with pairing and synergy.

MyPants likes this.
First

Back
95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104
106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115
Next

Last