NEW - Campfire Comet and Atlas
Jul 2, 2018 at 7:49 PM Post #1,563 of 3,483
I tried the reference 8 and thor silver 2 and I prefered the stock cable to them. The stock is pretty good, good price, and fit better. It sounds like the stock cable brings out the atlas exactly how they were designed to sound. Cables with memory wire fit a little funky with the atlas. Currently Im using a plussound cable which have no memory wire. Fit is good and it sounds great. If you want the same dynamic sound stick with stock as the plussound smooths it out just a bit which may not be for everyone.
Looks like I will stick with the stock cable and hope CA would release a Silver Litz on Balanced 2.5/4.4mm. I went back the pages and read that SXC8 is recommended but the cable is a very thick and heavy. I'm still going to check out pure silver cables when I get to HK next month and in JP by year end.

Jul 2, 2018 at 8:23 PM Post #1,564 of 3,483
Looks like I will stick with the stock cable and hope CA would release a Silver Litz on Balanced 2.5/4.4mm. I went back the pages and read that SXC8 is recommended but the cable is a very thick and heavy. I'm still going to check out pure silver cables when I get to HK next month and in JP by year end.

Here you go... https://www.aloaudio.com/shop/pure-silver-litz/

Jul 2, 2018 at 11:13 PM Post #1,566 of 3,483
They have it on alo site. Try contacting cfa and they might give you a discount. They offered me one since I purchased the atlas with them.

Jul 3, 2018 at 1:49 AM Post #1,568 of 3,483
They have it on alo site. Try contacting cfa and they might give you a discount. They offered me one since I purchased the atlas with them.
Good to know. I'll give it a try then. Thanks!

Jul 3, 2018 at 5:15 AM Post #1,569 of 3,483
Hi,
I wanted to upgrade my Comet's cable to a balanced one but I'm a student and I live in Europe so the Pure Silver Litz cable isn't available here yet. I wanted to ask you if I should wait and pay a little bit more the this one or should I go directly with the Litz one that is 80 dollars cheaper. I mean, is there a real difference between them and will I be able to hear it with my 200 dollars but nonetheless great CA-s ?
Thanks !

Jul 3, 2018 at 12:52 PM Post #1,570 of 3,483
Hi,
I wanted to upgrade my Comet's cable to a balanced one but I'm a student and I live in Europe so the Pure Silver Litz cable isn't available here yet. I wanted to ask you if I should wait and pay a little bit more the this one or should I go directly with the Litz one that is 80 dollars cheaper. I mean, is there a real difference between them and will I be able to hear it with my 200 dollars but nonetheless great CA-s ?
Thanks !

So, I'm currently running the pure silver litz in 2.5mm balanced with Comet and I can say it's an excellent pairing. I have some impressions a few pages back in this thread. I have no doubt the SPC Litz or even the copper Litz would sound fine-to-excellent as well, but they come with memory wire. I personally don't want to run memory wire with a cable-down iem but I equally don't want to take side-snips to my snazzy cables either. As far as whether or not you'll hear it, I'd ask what your source is, cause a cable is one of those upgrades that really only makes sense if the rest of your signal chain is solid.

Jul 3, 2018 at 1:25 PM Post #1,571 of 3,483
So, I'm currently running the pure silver litz in 2.5mm balanced with Comet and I can say it's an excellent pairing. I have some impressions a few pages back in this thread. I have no doubt the SPC Litz or even the copper Litz would sound fine-to-excellent as well, but they come with memory wire. I personally don't want to run memory wire with a cable-down iem but I equally don't want to take side-snips to my snazzy cables either. As far as whether or not you'll hear it, I'd ask what your source is, cause a cable is one of those upgrades that really only makes sense if the rest of your signal chain is solid.
I am currently using the comets with the R3 that I just received ! It has a balanced input and I heard that the comets were even better with it and thanks for the tips !

Last edited:
Jul 3, 2018 at 3:36 PM Post #1,572 of 3,483

Jul 3, 2018 at 4:30 PM Post #1,573 of 3,483

Great video! And also agree on the Atlas being emotional. Don’t go in before listening and thinking this earphone is reference or analytical (you have the Andromeda for that). Close your eyes and “feel” the music.

I got a similar vibe from the Nova which was wayyyyy more so. If you tried to “listen” and “analyze” it, the worse it sounded. But if you allowed your mind to wander while doing something else (sort of like background music), it was one of best IEMs ever.

Jul 3, 2018 at 9:22 PM Post #1,574 of 3,483
As far as whether or not you'll hear it, I'd ask what your source is, cause a cable is one of those upgrades that really only makes sense if the rest of your signal chain is solid.
So true. I hear a lot of comments about silver is 'more for high frequency' and copper is 'more for low frequency', so why not mix both. Also comments that you should mix silver cables on 'warm iems' and vice versa. Frankly speaking I would agree that it has a lot to do with pairing and synergy.

Jul 3, 2018 at 10:44 PM Post #1,575 of 3,483
I think somewhere earlier in this thread Ken from ALO recommended copper cabling for the Comets
I figured since he designed them he should know but everyone has different tastes
I ran a custom 8 core Junkosha with balanced 2.5 out from Venture Electroncs to my new hiby R3 and it seemed to sound better to me than going through the the standard 3.5 out with the stock cable on the same material.
I like the comets better than my 1More Triples

Users who are viewing this thread

Back