New, Burson Playmate 9038 DAC, 2Wpc HeadAmp, Preamp, Changeable opamps.
Jan 27, 2019 at 2:59 AM Post #121 of 602
Jan 27, 2019 at 4:26 AM Post #122 of 602
Jan 27, 2019 at 4:52 AM Post #123 of 602
Hi Ren,

Nope, but I'm sure I'm not the only one contacting them about inquiries on the newly developed products, so...I'm sure my message stays in line with patience. :)

However, I'm pretty sure I'm right, so...if someone can do some close-ups (macros) on the PCB layout and circuitry from around the 4 opamps, might help a lot.

Jan 27, 2019 at 10:36 AM Post #124 of 602
Hello all,
I ordered My Playmate Vivid. Question I only received an email from Burson, saying what I ordered. How long does it take to receive an invoice, and how long does it take to ship to the US?

Regards,
Jeff

Jan 27, 2019 at 12:16 PM Post #125 of 602
Hello all,
I ordered My Playmate Vivid. Question I only received an email from Burson, saying what I ordered. How long does it take to receive an invoice, and how long does it take to ship to the US?

Regards,
Jeff

Hi Jeff'

,Paypal takes a couple of days and Paypal will give you the invoice,
I received the tracking # on the 9th...and the Playmate was delivered on the 14th.
That's from Hong Kong to Midwest US.

Hope this helps

Ren

Jan 27, 2019 at 1:23 PM Post #127 of 602
After multiple promised dates that came and went, I attempted to cancel my Everest order. Miraculously that prompted a response that it was on its way. To be frank, after being jerked around three times, any anticipatory joy for this product is gone. Found it funny that they reference Tesla's model 3 as an "expectation" when it comes to delays. What they don't mention is that Tesla made it's customers whole on the federal deduction for missing delivery dates. I wish Burson had just given a dispatch date with some wiggle room. Would be glad to share my correspondence--they actually three times missed dates that were promised. Now I'm required to ship the unit back and pay a re-stocking fee. This may be a great engineering product but they sure botched the roll out, IMHO.

Jan 27, 2019 at 1:49 PM Post #128 of 602
Sorry mate, I assume you've created this account for posting your thoughts only, which is good actually. Till now, most of the feedback was pretty positive, especially regarding their customer support, so it's definitely something that they can't control directly and got your order delayed. Hope Burson will read your feedback here, so I'm optimist that others will not face your issue in the future. From what I was reading here on this topic first Playmate got delivered less than couple of weeks ago and Burson announced buyers of a possible delay, so people here expected some delay anyway.

Given the recent feedback from other headfiers around, why don't you keep your Everest, maybe ask Burson for a discount (either on your existing Everest if possible, or perhaps on your next order...who knows) and later post your objective review here. Given the price/performance ratio of this product I guess you'll be pleased, no matter the waiting time. At least give it a listen, then...if still feel like returning it, then that's it, you could buy a Topping D50 + JDS Atom or D50 + Massdrop THX A 789 in the near future (not quite the same price/perf. ratio, but pretty good value after all, with very good measurement figures).

Last edited:
Jan 27, 2019 at 2:01 PM Post #129 of 602
It looks as though there's no stopping the shipment, so your advice makes sense, thanks. As for any price adjustment, I was reminded of my pre-order discount by Burson which they believe somehow entitles them to miss dispatch dates. I know what you mean about expecting delays and none of this would have become an issue if they didn't, when I corresponded with them, promise dispatch dates that came and went. But I'm game to listen to the piece and will compare it to the Mytek I purchased after the third delay. Will let you know, objectively, how the two compare.

Jan 27, 2019 at 2:27 PM Post #131 of 602
Am listening to the Brooklyn DAC+ now (I know...no price comparison to the Playmate) but may go with Liberty as I don't need all the bells and whistles of the Brooklyn. After some break-in, I can say I perceive the MQA rendered music as superior. Won't open that can of worms but MQA sure sounds lovely with my LCD-MX4.

Jan 27, 2019 at 2:39 PM Post #132 of 602
After multiple promised dates that came and went, I attempted to cancel my Everest order. Miraculously that prompted a response that it was on its way. To be frank, after being jerked around three times, any anticipatory joy for this product is gone. Found it funny that they reference Tesla's model 3 as an "expectation" when it comes to delays. What they don't mention is that Tesla made it's customers whole on the federal deduction for missing delivery dates. I wish Burson had just given a dispatch date with some wiggle room. Would be glad to share my correspondence--they actually three times missed dates that were promised. Now I'm required to ship the unit back and pay a re-stocking fee. This may be a great engineering product but they sure botched the roll out, IMHO.

I am going through a similar experience. I really wish they had conveyed to customers that a delay was expected. While burson is quick to reply to emails, in my experience, I feel they could improve transparency and keep people posted on shipment info even if its low tech and in a forum-like post (eg. What massdrop does). At least im not left wondering if my order was forgotten or lost.

I finally got my tracking info yesterday after several email exchanges and it is now sitting in hong kong for processing. I wonder if my pestering had anything to do with the sudden news lol. Anyhow I plan to do a review sometime and hopefully I don't have send it back for defects!

Jan 27, 2019 at 3:12 PM Post #133 of 602
Hi Jeff'

,Paypal takes a couple of days and Paypal will give you the invoice,
I received the tracking # on the 9th...and the Playmate was delivered on the 14th.
That's from Hong Kong to Midwest US.

Hope this helps

Ren
Hey Thanks Ren,
I received the PayPal info immediately after I placed my order. I am just questioning how long it takes Burson to sen an official invoice? They sure took the $ quick enough.

Regards
Jeff

Users who are viewing this thread

Back