The last thing Burson suggested was to try it on a different computer or with Android, with factory default settings. I'll do that, hopefully, this evening, and let you know. Using the Burson drivers I didn't have issues with advertised frequencies. I had JRiver to upsample to 768kHz and I can see that displayed on the Playmate. Also, JRiver confirms the output is 32bit 768hKz. Obviously, I've also tried to upsample whatsoever but it still stops playing. I've also changed the USB port (on the same computer), from 3.0 to regular 2.0. Windows recognised a PnP device, installed (again) some XMOS drivers. In this configuration it's even worse - the sound stops after 2s. It starts to look like it needs to go back to Burson, I am afraid.