New Burson Conductor - V2 and V2+
Sep 27, 2017 at 5:53 PM Post #841 of 1,276
So no way to use both dac section and headphone out with this device....That's what I'm interested in.

Sep 27, 2017 at 6:16 PM Post #843 of 1,276
When headphones are plugged into the v2+, sound will still come out of your loudspeakers if using the dac output.
Of using the pre output, you will get no sound through the loudspeakers.

Sep 27, 2017 at 6:44 PM Post #844 of 1,276
My apologies for not being well understood.

No external amp will be used. Just the V2+ and Loki. Is it possible to utilize both the dac section and headphone out while equalizing things with Loki?

I think not, but maybe there's a magic trick I'm not aware of?

Sep 27, 2017 at 6:49 PM Post #845 of 1,276
My apologies for not being well understood.

No external amp will be used. Just the V2+ and Loki. Is it possible to utilize both the dac section and headphone out while equalizing things with Loki?

I think not, but maybe there's a magic trick I'm not aware of?
You could try looping the DAC out back into one of V2+ inputs. I don't think that is a good idea though. I think it would be best to have an external amp for this setup.

Sep 27, 2017 at 7:19 PM Post #846 of 1,276
It sounds like you want something like the old tape loop concept. I am pretty sure that the CV2+ will not do that. If you select any input that will be the audio source. So, if for instance you were trying to use USB input, when you select one of the other inputs, the USB becomes inactive. This means there is nothing output from the DAC out. Therefor, no loop.
This was the function of the tape monitor loop, it would output whatever source was in use, but when the tape monitor was selected it would input whatever was in the loop...processor, graphic EQ, etc. and play it through the pre amp/amp. I don't recall seeing any headphone DAC/AMP with this sort of functionality included. Of course, I have never looked for one either.

Sep 28, 2017 at 8:52 PM Post #848 of 1,276
I emailed Burson about looping the DAC out to a line level input on the V2+. Dennis said that it was ok to do and it should work. I couldn't get it to last night but maybe I wad doing it wrong.....

Last edited:
Sep 28, 2017 at 9:51 PM Post #849 of 1,276
If you figure it out, please let us all know how it is done.
To me the logic does not work.

Sep 30, 2017 at 9:44 PM Post #850 of 1,276
Hi guys.

This morning when I woke up, there seems to be a problem with my Xmos driver. Last night was perfectly fine. I am playing from my PC (Windows 7) + Foobar2000 + Burson CV2+

Foobar can't seem to detect my Xmos driver. There should be the choice in 'Preference' -> 'Output' -> 'DS: XMOS USB Audio 2.0 ST 3033'. But this option is missing now.

I tried re-installing and rebooting my PC. Also tried other USB ports. Still nothing. Don't really know what happened suddenly.

Any idea?

Thank you

Sep 30, 2017 at 10:12 PM Post #851 of 1,276
Thanks for sharing
I've been fighting the exact same problem - after a couple of days Foobar loses the XMOS output device. At first I thought it was just a random PC error. After turning the Burson and PC off and back on multiple times with no success, I tried removing and reinstalling the XMOS driver. That didn't help. I opened Device Manager and noticed that Windows was not seeing the XMOS device. I contacted Burson and asked if they knew of any issues with the XMOS USB board. They replied quickly, saying that the failure rate was extremely low, and that chances were I probably had a PC or software issue. OK, so about a week later (after letting the CV2+ sit unused) I reduced my PC to a very basic set up - no network connection, no antivirus, no anything - except Foobar. After reinstalling Foobar and the XMOS driver, the CV2+ came back to life. Great! Problem solved, or so I thought. After about a month of trouble free listening the problem came back. Same thing - Foobar and Windows simply stopped seeing the Burson XMOS board. Going back to my original suspicion of a possible flaky XMOS board I decided to open up the unit and reseat the DAC and XMOS board. BOOM. The CV2+ instantly came back to life. Since then I've experienced the problem a few more times. Each time the failure is resolved by jiggling the XMOS board and DAC. There is definitely a hardware connection issue between the boards in the Burson box. I'll continue to investigate this to determine exactly which connection is the troublemaker.

Oct 1, 2017 at 3:02 AM Post #852 of 1,276
I've been fighting the exact same problem - after a couple of days Foobar loses the XMOS output device. At first I thought it was just a random PC error. After turning the Burson and PC off and back on multiple times with no success, I tried removing and reinstalling the XMOS driver. That didn't help. I opened Device Manager and noticed that Windows was not seeing the XMOS device. I contacted Burson and asked if they knew of any issues with the XMOS USB board. They replied quickly, saying that the failure rate was extremely low, and that chances were I probably had a PC or software issue. OK, so about a week later (after letting the CV2+ sit unused) I reduced my PC to a very basic set up - no network connection, no antivirus, no anything - except Foobar. After reinstalling Foobar and the XMOS driver, the CV2+ came back to life. Great! Problem solved, or so I thought. After about a month of trouble free listening the problem came back. Same thing - Foobar and Windows simply stopped seeing the Burson XMOS board. Going back to my original suspicion of a possible flaky XMOS board I decided to open up the unit and reseat the DAC and XMOS board. BOOM. The CV2+ instantly came back to life. Since then I've experienced the problem a few more times. Each time the failure is resolved by jiggling the XMOS board and DAC. There is definitely a hardware connection issue between the boards in the Burson box. I'll continue to investigate this to determine exactly which connection is the troublemaker.
I experienced that problem many times. I'm getting more and more familiar with it. I don't even have to open up the unit or anything. I just let it rest for a bit and try again. Also works.

Oct 8, 2017 at 3:50 PM Post #853 of 1,276
hello guys

I have few questions and appreciate your help as I bought the lokii from schiit audio

1- how do I connect it to the v2+ and will be cause any degradation in sound

2- I am really wondering again how to correctly setup windows 10 using jriver with v2+ , what settings shall I make sure to use and avoid in jriver when using it with my windows 10 laptop, and which driver shall I use for best performance using usb connection to my laptop
3- is it recommended to disable dither in jriver, and what about clip protection in jriver as I like to use eq alot, but to be honest I just dislike the eq or parametric eq in jriver and wonder what is a better solution for a great eq plugin. I feel I bought jriver for nothing when comparing it to foobar

I installed the driver 5 months ago, what is the latest version of burson v2+ driver

Last edited:
Oct 21, 2017 at 5:27 PM Post #854 of 1,276
Oct 24, 2017 at 8:39 PM Post #855 of 1,276
which is the latest best driver for windows 10 please
I'm using the new Microsoft xCore USB Audio 2.0 driver (version 10.0.16299.15, published 9/28/2017). This is the brand new native driver found in the latest Windows 10 Fall Creator's Upgrade (Released 10/17/17). I've been listening to my CV2+ with this for the past week and I really like the way it sounds. I know some people are skeptical about the sound signature of different drivers. All I can say is that I can hear a difference. Another reason I switched to the MS driver was stability. As mentioned in my previous posts, I have had quite a hard time with my Windows 7 setup (randomly losing connectivity). I started to suspect the Burson hardware, but wasn't completely convinced. Out of desperation I switched over to Windows 10, using the standard Thesycon driver. But then I heard about a new Microsoft driver about to be released, and thought I'd give it a shot. I'm glad I did. No more messing around with 3rd party drivers - just plug the CV2+ into a USB port and go! I will follow up in a few weeks regarding the stability aspect this OS/driver.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back