New: Burson Audio Play Amp/DAC (2W@16Ohm) (op-amp rollers dream)
Oct 4, 2017 at 10:58 AM Post #48 of 1,256
good job Burson Audio since many tech giants have taken many years to innovate a DAC in 5.2-inch bay like
ASUS produce a product called ASUS SUPREME FX HI-FI which they sell for limited Edition Motherboard
1.ROG MAXIMUS VIII EXTREME/ASSEMBLY
2.ROG RAMPAGE V EXTREME EDITION 10 Which i own and using Burson Supreme Sound Opamp V5i opamp and it sounds epic
ill support you guys and im, not an audiophile I love music and every detail's in sound

Here is the Link for ASUS SUPREME FX HI-FI With Supreme Sound Opamp V5i opamp and it sounds epic
https://www.bursonaudio.com/asus-supreme-fx-hi-fi-dac-with-burson-v5i-opamp/

Last edited:
Oct 8, 2017 at 6:04 PM Post #50 of 1,256
The Play should be with me in the next couple of days, don't forget to sign up to the tour!

Oct 10, 2017 at 10:17 AM Post #52 of 1,256
I saw there was another thread, so I posted there as well but...
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/bur...pc-op-amp-rollers-dream.862309/#post-13774571
I'd love to give it a try! The Analog Mic Input is excellent as I do a lot of recording with my Shure Condenser Mic,

Myrtle Beach SC
My Equipment list can be found here, or in the spoiler below
Headphone Inventory:
Hifiman HE 4 [Mango Wood Cups DT 880 Classic Pads]
Bill-P Modded ATH ES10 [Custom Wood Cups + Leather Pads]
Nhoord Red V1
Sennheiser HD 25-1 ii
Superlux HD 668B
AKG K240 Sextett MP [SPC Litz Recable to 4PIN XLR]
Sony MDR V6
KRK KNS 6400
Sony ZX 300
Koss TD/75
Beyerdynamic Dt 880 Pro 250ohm
Byerdynamic Dt 990 Pro 250ohm
Koss Pro dj 200
Koss Pro dj 100
Koss Porta Pro
Fostex T50p Mad Dog Modded Cans [With Alpha Pads]
Audio Technica ATH w1000x [With L3000 Leather Pads(Purrin Modded)]
Akg K550
Ath a900x
Beyerdynamic Dt 880 Premeuim 600 Ohm [Fully Balanced Recable]
Sound Magic HP100 [With w1000x Pads]
ShurEyal 840 [Modded Shure 840]
Logitech UE 6000
Denon AH D2000 Custom Cocobolo Wood Cups Balanced D7k Cable
Hifiman HE 400 Toxic Balanced Cable and J$ Pads
Audio Technica AD 2000x
Senn Grado [Walnut Wood Cups Modular Balanced Cable]
Allesandro MS1i [Walnut Wood Cups]
LA D5k [Austrialian Sheok Wood Lawton Pads, 4pin XLR Termination]
Audio Technica AD 900X
Beats Solo2
Fostex TH X00
ZMF Atticus
Audeze LCD 2 Rev 2.2 Non Fazor
Maple Cupped/Black Limba Sleeved Magnum V7
Headphone Amp Inventory:
Gemtune APPJ PA1502A
Project Ember II
Geek Out V2+
HeadAmp Pico Power
JDS Labs cMoy BB 2.03 2x9V Rechrageable
Fiio E11
Indeed G3 Modded
MilletMax Hybrid 12ua7 Tube with RCA 5963 12ua7 Tubes
Matrix M-Stage
Jds Labs C5 [Half Bass Boost Factory Mod]
iBasso PB2 [LME 4990 OpAmps]
Schiit Vali
Schiit Vali 2
Garage 1217 Project Starlight
JDS Labs The Element
iFi Audio Micro iCan SE
Source Inventory:
Behring UAC 202
Hifiman HM901
LG V20
Geek Out v2+
Hifiman Hm 601 8G [Rock Boxed]
Shanling M2s
iPod Nano (4) 3'd gen
Hifiman Hm 602 8G
Audio Poutine ODAC
Hifiman HM 801
LG V10
JDS Labs The Element
Cable Inventory:
Blue Jean Cables RCA
Blue Jean Cables Coaxial

BTG Hybrid Midnight Cable with Half Sleeve
ZMF Cables OFC Copper
Various Modular Cables Built by cCasper TFG
Power-Related Components:
Furman Power Conditioner
Pangea Audio AC14

Forgive the bad lighting, but there it is. Top pic is my desk as of today, I've got a JDS Labs EL Dac and OL Switcher in home for review atm, beneath is my portable sources/amps and finally my recording station when It's in use. Consist of my Laptop and my Behringer UAC 202 for recording, with my Mic Fed into Audacity VIA USB. Having a single unit that did both a DAC and ADC conversion would be ideal, plus I love that you can roll in different op amps in with the 9018 dac implementation, sadly it's no longer with my but I loved my iBasso PB2 because I could roll opAmps into it! I had some LME 49990's for the longest time, so a desktop unit with the same setup would really be very cool! So all in all, I'd love to get to hear this one!

Also @ProtegeManiac makes an excellent point, a USB Sound Card implements DSP into it's digital output that is then fed into a DAC, having this unit function as both a digital source and DAC seems to limit some of that functionality. I frankly, like that it's able to fit into a PC case, makes for a much cleaner implementation into a system, but the inclusion of Analog outputs on the rear side with the USB Input means if I drop it into my Case, I can't quite use those outputs any more. Would make more logical sense to include ALL analog out's on the front facing side, so when I install it into my PC I have access to everything. Thankfully you guys are preferring that we loaner recipients use it stand alone so that won't be an issue to us...

The lack of SPDIF is also an interesting choice, but given the $299 price tag it makes sense. This is an all in one unit with a mixture of functionality and a changeable tone or frequency response via the Op Amp rolling, so to use a compromised digital input in exchange for an adjustable frequency response at this price point... is ok imo!

Another competitor in this price range is JDS Labs The Element, that all in one unit is also missing SPDIF in, but their stand alone dac the EL Dac does have SPIDF in and it's $250 by it self vs The Element at $350! For $100 more I lose SPDIF input but gain an amp, again for an all in one unit in this price bracket that seems like a fair trade off.

It's obvious that the target audience here is not us as audiophiles, but rather audio quality conscious gamer's and streamers. An thankfully, there are many of us who fall into both camps. Lovers of audio and active gamers/streamers. Though how/if it'll work with existing DOLBY DSP viz the USB In is pretty important, hopefully the drivers will allow for that compatibility.

Last edited:
Oct 10, 2017 at 11:29 AM Post #53 of 1,256
I'd love to be included in this tour.

I'm in Kingsport TN USA. I currently have a Magni 2 and a Millett SSH amp that serve as my computer output. My over-ear headphones that I use most frequently with the computer setup are a modified T50rp and a modified Superlux HD660 along with a few others.

Oct 10, 2017 at 12:11 PM Post #54 of 1,256
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/bur...pc-op-amp-rollers-dream.862309/#post-13774571

Also @ProtegeManiac makes an excellent point, a USB Sound Card implements DSP into it's digital output that is then fed into a DAC, having this unit function as both a digital source and DAC seems to limit some of that functionality. I frankly, like that it's able to fit into a PC case, makes for a much cleaner implementation into a system, but the inclusion of Analog outputs on the rear side with the USB Input means if I drop it into my Case, I can't quite use those outputs any more. Would make more logical sense to include ALL analog out's on the front facing side, so when I install it into my PC I have access to everything. Thankfully you guys are preferring that we loaner recipients use it stand alone so that won't be an issue to us...

The lack of SPDIF is also an interesting choice, but given the $299 price tag it makes sense. This is an all in one unit with a mixture of functionality and a changeable tone or frequency response via the Op Amp rolling, so to use a compromised digital input in exchange for an adjustable frequency response at this price point... is ok imo!

Another competitor in this price range is JDS Labs The Element, that all in one unit is also missing SPDIF in, but their stand alone dac the EL Dac does have SPIDF in and it's $250 by it self vs The Element at $350! For $100 more I lose SPDIF input but gain an amp, again for an all in one unit in this price bracket that seems like a fair trade off.

It's obvious that the target audience here is not us as audiophiles, but rather audio quality conscious gamer's and streamers. An thankfully, there are many of us who fall into both camps. Lovers of audio and active gamers/streamers. Though how/if it'll work with existing DOLBY DSP viz the USB In is pretty important, hopefully the drivers will allow for that compatibility.
there will an PCI Slot RCA Extender with each unit that connect to your computer case like this
10004546.png

and best part clean MIC input that every pc gamers and content creators want

Last edited:
Oct 10, 2017 at 12:37 PM Post #55 of 1,256
My unit is burning in, wish I had the $$$ to buy it after review :'(

First listen with my fairly hard to drive German Maestro GMP400 is that the unit has plenty of power, a bit more a full sounding DAC/Amp over my strictly neutral reference system: JDS OL DAC + Objective 2 amp.

This is actually really good synergy with the GMP400 giving them a little more body (why I use my Tube amp with them mostly). Air, separation and dynamics are all excellent so far (V6 Vivid pre-installed, spare set of V6 Classic to roll)

IMG_20171010_173107.jpg

Oct 10, 2017 at 1:14 PM Post #56 of 1,256

First listen with my fairly hard to drive German Maestro GMP400 is that the unit has plenty of power, a bit more a full sounding DAC/Amp over my strictly neutral reference system: JDS OL DAC + Objective 2 amp.

This is actually really good synergy with the GMP400 giving them a little more body (why I use my Tube amp with them mostly). Air, separation and dynamics are all excellent so far (V6 Vivid pre-installed, spare set of V6 Classic to roll)

you are lucky im waiting for the Play

Oct 10, 2017 at 1:20 PM Post #57 of 1,256

review in your blog with teardown video

Oct 10, 2017 at 1:30 PM Post #58 of 1,256
review in your blog with teardown video

I don't do videos, but will post detailed images of the inside for op-amp rolling purposes :)

Oct 10, 2017 at 1:34 PM Post #59 of 1,256
there will an PCI Slot RCA Extender with each unit that connect to your computer case like this
10004546.png

and best part clean MIC input that every pc gamers and content creators want

Perfect! Super happy to see that

Oct 11, 2017 at 1:08 AM Post #60 of 1,256

Hi Mshenay, could you please also post those photos you have in our news run thread into this thread?

We are working very hard to complete the first batch of Burson Play and we will start shipping them within the next couple of weeks. : ) Thank you all for your ongoing support for Burson and the head-fi community.

Burson Audio Stay updated on Burson Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/BursonAudio https://twitter.com/bursonaudio http://www.bursonaudio.com/products/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back