New Beyerdynamic T1 (2nd Generation)
Oct 21, 2019 at 1:47 PM Post #3,091 of 3,911
Can someone send here his measurements for t1 ?
I think that something wrong with my t1.
2e0ku6S.png

maybe try another pads?

Last edited:
Oct 21, 2019 at 6:19 PM Post #3,092 of 3,911
Personally i find that swapping amps rarely help with the beyer treble. I've tried it with the felik audio tube amps which didnt do much for them. I just eq mine especially in the 8k region and it sounds good enough to me. No idea if this worsens the quality of music or anything but it sure saves me quite a fair bit of money.

Ahh that's interesting. Thanks for the tips! Somebody suggested that I should try the Beyer with a tube amp. I find it great with my collection of jazz and orchestral with its precision and soundstage, but the treb is too piercing for me on some modern music. I guess I will try EQ-ing and see if that helps a little more. Has anybody every tried the Subjective EQ preamp from JDS Lab? https://jdslabs.com/product/subjective3/

Oct 25, 2019 at 3:19 AM Post #3,094 of 3,911
Personally i find that swapping amps rarely help with the beyer treble. I've tried it with the felik audio tube amps which didnt do much for them. I just eq mine especially in the 8k region and it sounds good enough to me. No idea if this worsens the quality of music or anything but it sure saves me quite a fair bit of money.

It's really interesting that I messed around with my dac/amp combo today and found that when I used my IFI IDSD BL as a DAC via my JDS Atom Amp, the treble is so much more manageable on the T1. It seems so much harsher on revealing and neutral DAC (like my topping D50s with ESS9038Q2M Sabre chips). Any suggestions for warmer DAC that I am assuming will make the peak on certain music a little more tolerable with the T1?

Oct 25, 2019 at 3:26 AM Post #3,095 of 3,911
It's really interesting that I messed around with my dac/amp combo today and found that when I used my IFI IDSD BL as a DAC via my JDS Atom Amp, the treble is so much more manageable on the T1. It seems so much harsher on revealing and neutral DAC (like my topping D50s with ESS9038Q2M Sabre chips). Any suggestions for warmer DAC that I am assuming will make the peak on certain music a little more tolerable with the T1?

Maybe try the Schiit Modi Multibit, I’ve had good experiences with the Multibit DACs and the T1.2 and other Beyers. I use an Asgard 3 with the Multibit card on mine, don’t really have any complaints about the treble. I don’t like it the most with all my headphones but with the T1.2, Amiron Home, and HD 6XX it’s my favorite dac of mine to use.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2019 at 6:40 AM Post #3,096 of 3,911
When I listen to digital through the MHDT LAB Canary DAC, I can go on listening all day long without fatigue just like when I listen to LPs. I can recommend this wonderful DAC.
25926923_0c7d4f6d96e1bc477b24705ea4be9486_m.jpg

Oct 31, 2019 at 10:56 PM Post #3,097 of 3,911
Folks, I am looking for earpad replacements for my T1.2. Which one do you recommend for fit/comfort and some improvements to the sound?

Oct 31, 2019 at 11:08 PM Post #3,098 of 3,911
Believe it or not, the FiiO Q5, the original model has a nice warmth to it, but just a bit, it still resolves very nicely. Dual AKM chips from their Velvet Sound tuned approach. I agree about the ESS sound. I have an SMSL SU-8 DAC here with dual ESS chips, forget which chip exactly. It is very nice for sure, but I actually selected it as my NAD M3 and KEF R300 speakers are both slightly warm so I wanted a somewhat brighter DAC to wake them up a touch, and it does. However, with headphones, unless they are somewhat warm, I like the SU-8 less. I find too much detail with headphones at the volume I like quite quickly fatiguing. The Q5 I found was quite nice as was the Mojo. There are lots of good choices I am sure, but frankly given the very low cost, the great sound quality (IMO) and the small footprint, having a Bluetooth enabled DAC is a pretty solid choice.

https://velvetsound.akm.com/cn/en/stories/

Last edited:
Nov 2, 2019 at 9:23 PM Post #3,099 of 3,911
Nov 3, 2019 at 12:06 AM Post #3,100 of 3,911
Guys, I plan to buy a used pair of t1 Gen2 and the pads are filthy. So if I wanted to get replacement pads is this the right one EDT 990 VB?

https://www.amazon.com.au/beyerdynamic-EDT990VB-EDT-Velour-Black/dp/B008XEYT6G/ref=sr_1_fkmr0_1?keywords=dt+990+vb&qid=1572743627&sr=8-1-fkmr0&th=1

I have been reading mixed info, some people saying the stock pads are in fact "EDT T1G", but I cannot find that selling anywhere.

I am also looking for very similar thing. Mine was purchased used too and the pad is not in a good condition. Does anyone know if any of the large brainwavez pads fit the T1.2? I emailed their staff and they say they are not sure lol.

Nov 3, 2019 at 12:23 AM Post #3,101 of 3,911
Believe it or not, the FiiO Q5, the original model has a nice warmth to it, but just a bit, it still resolves very nicely. Dual AKM chips from their Velvet Sound tuned approach. I agree about the ESS sound. I have an SMSL SU-8 DAC here with dual ESS chips, forget which chip exactly. It is very nice for sure, but I actually selected it as my NAD M3 and KEF R300 speakers are both slightly warm so I wanted a somewhat brighter DAC to wake them up a touch, and it does. However, with headphones, unless they are somewhat warm, I like the SU-8 less. I find too much detail with headphones at the volume I like quite quickly fatiguing. The Q5 I found was quite nice as was the Mojo. There are lots of good choices I am sure, but frankly given the very low cost, the great sound quality (IMO) and the small footprint, having a Bluetooth enabled DAC is a pretty solid choice.

https://velvetsound.akm.com/cn/en/stories/

I am thinking of grabbing a pair of lusher and warmer headphone as a complement to the T1.2, possibly something in the sub-500 range like the AKG 712 pro or ATH R70x for non-fatigue listening. The T1.2 has been a treat for me in terms of detail, but I do get rather tired using it for an extended session.

Nov 3, 2019 at 12:49 AM Post #3,102 of 3,911
I am thinking of grabbing a pair of lusher and warmer headphone as a complement to the T1.2, possibly something in the sub-500 range like the AKG 712 pro or ATH R70x for non-fatigue listening. The T1.2 has been a treat for me in terms of detail, but I do get rather tired using it for an extended session.

Your T1.2 must sound different than mine, as mine is a rather warm and dark sounding headphone that is non-fatiguing nor do I feel it shoves detail in my face, it’s there but it doesn’t seem to highlight it, comes off as a more easy listening and musical headphone. It’s about as warm as my HD 6XX and darker in the mids while only somewhat more prominent in the highs. The K712 is brighter and leaner than my T1.2, but I have heard T1.2’s that are brighter than the K712. Never heard the R70X.

Last edited:
Nov 3, 2019 at 12:51 AM Post #3,103 of 3,911
Guys, I plan to buy a used pair of t1 Gen2 and the pads are filthy. So if I wanted to get replacement pads is this the right one EDT 990 VB?

https://www.amazon.com.au/beyerdynamic-EDT990VB-EDT-Velour-Black/dp/B008XEYT6G/ref=sr_1_fkmr0_1?keywords=dt+990+vb&qid=1572743627&sr=8-1-fkmr0&th=1

I have been reading mixed info, some people saying the stock pads are in fact "EDT T1G", but I cannot find that selling anywhere.

I believe they are different pads, not sure if you have to contact Beyer to get them or not.

Nov 3, 2019 at 2:20 AM Post #3,104 of 3,911
Nov 3, 2019 at 3:32 AM Post #3,105 of 3,911

Absosultely not. The official T1G2 pads are the EDTT1G2:
https://www.amazon.de/Beyerdynamic-...ords=beyer+edt+t1&qid=1572769605&sr=8-1-fkmr0 . But the DT1990 balanced velour pads are the same and are cheaper: https://www.amazon.de/Beyerdynamic-...yer+dt+1990&qid=1572769757&sr=8-19&th=1&psc=1 . I am 100% sure as I have bought both. I bought all my Beyer pads from amazon.de

Users who are viewing this thread

Back