New Beyerdynamic T1 (2nd Generation)
Sep 13, 2019 at 11:48 AM Post #3,062 of 3,911
Anyone else try swapping the Amiron Home and T1.2 cable? Been experimenting with it the past few days, I’m finding the Amiron Home cable relaxes the sound a bit, which confirms my suspicion that part of the Amiron Homes relaxed sound is due to its cable.
I will try this later! Thank you. I did notice changing dt1990 cables makes a little difference. But maybe it’s just volumen wise. The coiled cable sounds with more bass compared to the stock straight cable ( I also tried the akg k702 cable and both straight cables sound similar or same same I don’t want to make assumptions ). I think it’s just the volumen, because when I turn up the volumen with the straight cable bass gets more presence.

Sep 13, 2019 at 12:15 PM Post #3,063 of 3,911
I will try this later! Thank you. I did notice changing dt1990 cables makes a little difference. But maybe it’s just volumen wise. The coiled cable sounds with more bass compared to the stock straight cable ( I also tried the akg k702 cable and both straight cables sound similar or same same I don’t want to make assumptions ). I think it’s just the volumen, because when I turn up the volumen with the straight cable bass gets more presence.

It’s not a large difference, just noticed a minor change in the headphone being more laid-back with a bit less presence in the upper frequencies, whereas I found the T1.2 cable on the Amiron Home to be a little more forward. My experience with cables have always been more subtle differences. Sometimes it’s a slight volume difference and other times subtle presentation differences. I mainly just like the suppleness of the Amiron Home cable more.

Last edited:
Sep 16, 2019 at 1:40 AM Post #3,065 of 3,911
Anyone else try swapping the Amiron Home and T1.2 cable? Been experimenting with it the past few days, I’m finding the Amiron Home cable relaxes the sound a bit, which confirms my suspicion that part of the Amiron Homes relaxed sound is due to its cable.
Wow...nice piece of info mate.. unfortunately I cannot swap my t1 cable coz it's version 1 but I could possibly hear difference by plugging t1.2 cable in Amiron

Sep 16, 2019 at 1:45 AM Post #3,066 of 3,911
Wow...nice piece of info mate.. unfortunately I cannot swap my t1 cable coz it's version 1 but I could possibly hear difference by plugging t1.2 cable in Amiron

It's a subtle difference mainly but it does seem to relax the upper regions slightly, I think the stock T1.2 cable does sound better with the T1.2 though. I also forget how long it takes for break-in and my ears to settle into a new headphone.

Sep 16, 2019 at 2:06 AM Post #3,067 of 3,911
It's a subtle difference mainly but it does seem to relax the upper regions slightly, I think the stock T1.2 cable does sound better with the T1.2 though. I also forget how long it takes for break-in and my ears to settle into a new headphone.
Haha...even I don't remember the exact time....can it be a case for t1 cable being more premium and high quality ??

Sep 22, 2019 at 9:57 AM Post #3,068 of 3,911
Haha...even I don't remember the exact time....can it be a case for t1 cable being more premium and high quality ??
You are right beyerdynamic stated "3 m, double-sided, detachable and textile-covered, conductor made of OCC 7N copper" for T1.2nd and " 3 m, stretched, double-sided, 3.5 mm jack connector, detachable" for amiron home.

Oct 1, 2019 at 4:24 AM Post #3,070 of 3,911
I bought a used T1.2 a couple of months back. It was in pristine condition and has a relatively early serial (29xxx).

I am not sure what to make of these headphones. I am using a topping D30 as DAC and Topping A30 and Little Dot MKIII as amplifiers.

They do sound sublime with classical music and jazz. They also excel with male voices. Female voices are a bit laid back but still presented nicely.

Modern Pop music or any kind of electronic music is a whole different story though. Not only do most songs sound kind of tinny, like from a laptop speaker, the highs are just piercing and shrill, it makes me wanna cry. They are fisting my ears until only a bloody mess is left. The same goes for gaming, where they aren't as painful, but their tuning makes most games just sound weird and locating enemies is just nigh impossible.

Tubes only make matters worse.

This leads to me reaching for my Sennheiser HD58x most of the time since they just work with all kinds of music as well as gaming. I also really like my Xelentos that I am using at work.

I am debating wether I should sell the T1 (and probably the Litttle Dot, too) and get a pair of DT1990s or T5P.2 instead.

Last edited:
Oct 1, 2019 at 4:30 AM Post #3,071 of 3,911
I bought a used T1.2 a couple of months back. It was in pristine condition and has a relatively early serial (29xxx).

I am not sure what to make of these headphones. I am using a topping D30 as DAC and Topping A30 and Little Dot MKIII as amplifiers.

They do sound sublime with classical music and jazz. They also excel with male voices. Female voices are a bit laid back but still presented nicely.

Modern Pop music or any kind of electronical music is a whole different story though. Not only do most songs sound kind of tinny, like from a laptop speaker, the highs are just piercing and shrill, it makes me wanna cry. They are fisting my ears until only a bloody mess is left. The same goes for gaming, where they aren't as painful, but their tuning makes most games just sound weird and localization is just completely off..

Tubes only make matters worse.

This leads to me reaching for my Sennheiser HD58x most of the time since they just work with all kinds of music as well as gaming. I also really like my Xelentos that I am using at work.

I am debating wether I should sell the T1 (and probably the Litttle Dot, too) and get a pair of DT1990s or T5P.2 instead.

Sounds like my experience with my first T1.2’s as your impressions mirror my experience with my first T1.2, I believe it had a similar serial number. Which I sold in the past, too harsh and tinny sounding for gaming and electronic music. Interestingly my new pair sounds very different and I listen to a lot of electronic music and I also game, not even remotely harsh, tinny, or piercing. In fact it’s almost too mellow and warm sounding.

Last edited:
Oct 1, 2019 at 8:03 AM Post #3,072 of 3,911
Sounds like my experience with my first T1.2’s as your impressions mirror my experience with my first T1.2, I believe it had a similar serial number. Which I sold in the past, too harsh and tinny sounding for gaming and electronic music. Interestingly my new pair sounds very different and I listen to a lot of electronic music and I also game, not even remotely harsh, tinny, or piercing. In fact it’s almost too mellow and warm sounding.

mine SN is 26624 . no piercing treble..using cayin n6ii in fact it sound mellow and warm

Oct 1, 2019 at 8:57 AM Post #3,073 of 3,911
mine SN is 26624 . no piercing treble..using cayin n6ii in fact it sound mellow and warm

Makes me think there are just some oddly bright and off-sounding pairs floating around. Wish I got a correct sounding pair with my first one because my current T1.2 is one of my all-time favorite headphones.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back