New Beyerdynamic T1 (2nd Generation)
Jul 30, 2016 at 2:55 AM Post #1,669 of 3,924
  If it's going to be your only can -T1.2

Hi, what do you mean? I am planing to get also the Beyerdynamic DT1350 CC for portable use on the go. 

I have an Asus Xonar Essence one Muses edition DAC\AMP and planing to use the T1 or TH610 at home mainly but from time to time would be nice to use it with the AR-M20.. 

Which headphone should I get?

Thanks

Jul 30, 2016 at 3:18 AM Post #1,670 of 3,924
  Hi, what do you mean? I am planing to get also the Beyerdynamic DT1350 CC for portable use on the go. 

I have an Asus Xonar Essence one Muses edition DAC\AMP and planing to use the T1 or TH610 at home mainly but from time to time would be nice to use it with the AR-M20.. 

Thanks

I meant it in the sense that if you're choosing a primary use can, the versatility offered by the T1 is probably better as it will work with a wider range of genres.  Fostex can sometimes be niche. Hope that makes sense.

Jul 30, 2016 at 5:18 AM Post #1,671 of 3,924

Thanks

With your current DAC/Amp, the TH610 will actually sound more dynamic and pleasing. Please note that all Fostex closed wood cup cans are colored. You will get pleasing, but never true "transparent" sound.

If you would upgrade your DAC/Amp later, the T1 will scale up better for imaging and fidelity.

Jul 30, 2016 at 5:26 AM Post #1,672 of 3,924
Hi, the only upgrade I would make is to change the Muses 01 op amps in the Xonar essence one to Muses 02 and maybe to buy a portable amp like the Onkyo HA-200

What do you think? Should I go for the Beyers?

Thx

Jul 30, 2016 at 5:26 AM Post #1,673 of 3,924
With your current DAC/Amp, the TH610 will actually sound more dynamic and pleasing. Please note that all Fostex closed wood cup cans are colored. You will get pleasing, but never true "transparent" sound.

If you would upgrade your DAC/Amp later, the T1 will scale up better for imaging and fidelity.

Hi, the only upgrade I would make is to change the Muses 01 op amps in the Xonar essence one to Muses 02 and maybe to buy a portable amp like the Onkyo HA-200

Thx

Jul 30, 2016 at 6:12 AM Post #1,674 of 3,924

Thx

Well don't limit yourself like that in terms of dac and amplification. Like Borrego said the T1 will scale better with quality gear. I'm not too sure many people are running the t1 with the xonar...you may want to consult the xonar owners thread if there is one.

Jul 30, 2016 at 8:58 AM Post #1,675 of 3,924
Which DAP is better to use with the Beyerdynamic T1 gen2: Acoustic Research AR-M20 or Astell and kern AK100II?

Or the Acoustic research M2- which costs about 1000 Euros?

The AR-M20 costs about 750 USD, the Astell and Kern costs about 687 USD.

Or is it better to buy a Chord Mojo- Dac amp and connect it to a galaxy s5 smartphone??

What do you think??

Thanks a lot!

Jul 30, 2016 at 9:21 AM Post #1,676 of 3,924

Thx

I think the amp section of the Xonar essence one will be better, or at least equal to most opamp based portable amp. So unless you really have portable requirement, save your money.

Also consider the DT1770 if portable use is a requirement.

I would suggest also save your money and skip any opamp upgrade. Opamps are opamps, you will soon get done with it, then go after fully discrete, non feedback circuit designs.

If possible, bring your Xonar to headphone shops to hear both the TH610 and T1, and decide yourself.

Jul 30, 2016 at 9:39 AM Post #1,677 of 3,924
Hi! Should I get the Fostex TH610 for the price?

When I say portable use, I meant portable use at home.. Another option is to get a Chord Mojo Dac/amp to use with the T1 gen2s..

I was told by Acoustic research the combo of the AR-M2 with the T1 gen 1 is fantastic! What do you think?

The AR-M2 costs about 1000 Euros..

What is your recommendation?

I have no option to test the headphones at the store..

Thanks a lot!

Roi

Jul 31, 2016 at 2:00 AM Post #1,679 of 3,924
Hi! Should I get the Fostex TH610 for the price?

When I say portable use, I meant portable use at home.. Another option is to get a Chord Mojo Dac/amp to use with the T1 gen2s..

I was told by Acoustic research the combo of the AR-M2 with the T1 gen 1 is fantastic! What do you think?

The AR-M2 costs about 1000 Euros..

What is your recommendation?

I have no option to test the headphones at the store..

Thanks a lot!

Roi

As you do have the money to spend, just get both the TH610 and T1. :)

The T1 Generation 1 is still currently available from Amazon at discounted price. The remaining T1 Gen 1 stocks from Amazon actually have Gen 2 baffle which make them T1 Gen 1.5. I personally prefer the Gen 1 sound so it would be what I would get.

Jul 31, 2016 at 2:28 AM Post #1,680 of 3,924
As you do have the money to spend, just get both the TH610 and T1. :)

The T1 Generation 1 is still currently available from Amazon at discounted price. The remaining T1 Gen 1 stocks from Amazon actually have Gen 2 baffle which make them T1 Gen 1.5. I personally prefer the Gen 1 sound so it would be what I would get.

The late serial T1.1 sound is really good.  Should definitely not be discounted as an option.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back