New Beyerdynamic T1 (2nd Generation)
Jul 18, 2016 at 4:53 PM Post #1,636 of 3,911
Oh so sorry folks. *runs to dark corner with wallet.

Welcome to Head-fi! Where your wallet comes to die... 
deadhorse.gif

Jul 20, 2016 at 1:05 AM Post #1,638 of 3,911
Hi Guys!

Quick question, is 250mW @600ohms sufficient to drive the Beyers T1.2? I am planning to get Burson Conductor V2?

Any thoughts on this option?

Thank you. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jul 20, 2016 at 1:11 AM Post #1,639 of 3,911
Hi Guys!

Quick question, is 250mW @600ohms sufficient to drive the Beyers T1.2? I am planning to get Burson Conductor V2?

Any thoughts on this option?

Thank you.
smily_headphones1.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep, 250mW is tons of power for the T1

Jul 20, 2016 at 5:55 AM Post #1,642 of 3,911

Could you elaborate on that? I have the Conductor V2+ with a T1.1, and I can hardly think of something more detailed and airy...

It's definitely those things... I just thought it sounded too thin when I was listening to anything kinda ambient.  I prefer a less airy amp with airy headphones.
The bursons were incredible with the HE-560 though...

Jul 20, 2016 at 7:29 AM Post #1,643 of 3,911
  It's definitely those things... I just thought it sounded too thin when I was listening to anything kinda ambient.  I prefer a less airy amp with airy headphones.

I see what you mean... I must admit that, for recreational purposes, I am now often listening to the HD650 paired with the Conductor V2+. Considerably less soundstage, less detail, but very relaxing and comfortable experience.

Jul 20, 2016 at 8:44 AM Post #1,644 of 3,911

Where you able to try it with the T1.2? i wonder what will be the difference since the version 2 of the T1 had lessened the highs and compensated on the mid bass as compared to the original T1.

I am using now Burson Soloist SL MKI and there is a hint of sibilance and i wonder what will be sound of the Conductor V2..

Jul 21, 2016 at 2:27 PM Post #1,645 of 3,911
hi guys

I just bought a T1.2 on amazon.ca for less than 700 USD (900 CAD) new. apparently a few months ago it was 620 bucks (800 in canada). bought it because i had my stax 4170 for 2 years now and use it quite a bit. and wondering if these can sound better.

amazon shipped it without using a hard box just stick purolator label on the headphone box directly. i am surprised it didn't get stolen on the way. in comparison my wife has amazon prime and she buys a towel and they put it in a box and inside another box, it's almost like trying to be ironic everytime i see something like that lol. 

ok moving on to the headphone. it is definitely new as amazon described but i look at the headphone the ear cup wasn't placed completely on the plastic cup on one side and i fixed it. because it's probably been like that for a while since it's made (july 2015, serial number 309xx), it stretched that plastic part on the ear cup a little bit. anyways doesn't affect listening, also if you look super closely at the band plastic part there is a little bit of plastic moulding edge not cut off properly. just was expecting perfection for a headphone that's flagship. 

now moving on to the sound. i only had it for a few days and listened for less than 10 hours. sound is very reasonable i would say coming from a stax. it didn't surprise me, so was the stax first and that was coming from a sony ma900, which i really regret selling now. somehow i feel that one is better than both of them for "fun" on movies and games, gunshots sounds a lot more realistic. 

listening to the stax side by side vs the t1.2 i feel the stax is clearer, a little faster when sound is fast. but they sound quite similar. comfort wise i think nothing beats the ma900. my ear is not big but my ear on top and bottom can touch the cup of the t1. for stax my side of ear is pressed on the stax 407 but top and bottom not touching. 

i am using a xonar stx to drive both headphones and of course the stax has the 006ts amplifier. 

my question is if i get a expensive amp like the woo wa2 or whatever i come up with in another while of research. would that make the t1.2 sound better than the 407?

seriously i don't think any of these dynamic can compare with the stats. so i don't know what's the fuss i all about. everyone should just get a stax and be done with it. much cheaper. i paid about 1200 USD 2 years ago for a new 4170 and now a woo wa2 and t1.2 will set you back 2000 USD. both these headphone can't leave your room anyways.

just some thoughts i have. but i will be discussing here now since i will play with the t2 headphone quite a bit now.

the sony ma900 somehow have bigger sound stage. also the xonar stx if i set it to movie mode it actually has a huge sound stage feels like speaker coming inside the monitor i'm watching movie from. i seriously don't know what sound im looking for. 

i kinda bought this t1.2 for wife to hook up to a yamaha clavinova piano. she has a knabe grand back home and says it has a very warm sound so im trying to do something to match that sound for her. i hooked up the stax to the piano and she didn't like the sound vs hooking up the t1.2 directly without amp to the piano and she thinks it's more comfortable for her to wear and said sound better. i guess all that sound is relative from people to people are true. i am just messing around so i have something to read on when im bored at work or at home and i love buying these new toys like everyone else. lol. 

even the bass in the stax is more detailed than the t1.2. maybe need more break in? overall i think the stax is a bargain vs these dynamic flagship. then again back then i got my sony ma900 for 150 bucks and that nothing can even touch for the value. 

also wondering anyone is like me using a sound card and keep upgrading am i get much much better sound out of another 2000 bucks of amp vs the 200 bucks xonar stx?

Jul 22, 2016 at 11:20 AM Post #1,647 of 3,911
also wondering anyone is like me using a sound card and keep upgrading am i get much much better sound out of another 2000 bucks of amp vs the 200 bucks xonar stx?

I have the T1.1 but I would think the same applies.

I used to run the T1 on the asus xonar ST and the beyer would sound flat and harsh.

I now have the little dot mk11 feed from the ST's RCA outs.

£130 for the little dot mk11 and £40 for some Mullard M8100 driver and 6N6P-IR power tubes, a great amp for sure.

Jul 22, 2016 at 11:25 AM Post #1,648 of 3,911
  I have the T1.1 but I would think the same applies.

I used to run the T1 on the asus xonar ST and the beyer would sound flat and harsh.

I now have the little dot mk11 feed from the ST's RCA outs.

£130 for the little dot mk11 and £40 for some Mullard M8100 driver and 6N6P-IR power tubes, a great amp for sure.

Right on.  It's hard to find things that would not be able to power cans these days.  Okay, there are some situations that I can think of, but generally speaking headphones can be powered by a surprising number of devices.  Whether it sounds good - completely separate story.

Jul 22, 2016 at 11:37 AM Post #1,649 of 3,911
  Right on.  It's hard to find things that would not be able to power cans these days.  Okay, there are some situations that I can think of, but generally speaking headphones can be powered by a surprising number of devices.  Whether it sounds good - completely separate story.

I switched from the ST to the LD mk11 back and forth and the difference is astounding to me, I am sure going up the tube world of amp's would blow my mind.

Luckily I am very happy with this set up right now, I just melt when listening to music, very happy :)

Jul 22, 2016 at 12:30 PM Post #1,650 of 3,911

I switched from the ST to the LD mk11 back and forth and the difference is astounding to me, I am sure going up the tube world of amp's would blow my mind.

Luckily I am very happy with this set up right now, I just melt when listening to music, very happy :)

ok thanks guys. that's a cheap way to play a bit first. before getting something from Woo. I recently learnt all about the different brands and value for money vacuum amps like the little dot. heck a lot of revisions on this brand.

I also recently looked into "tube rolling" somehow gives me the feeling people talking about it like addicted to chems. lol. posting on couple thousand dollar of vintage vacuum tubes. my grandparents had a telefunken big wooden radio I remember as a kid I looked behind it is full of "light bulbs" until later I realized those are called vacuum tubes. a collected a lot of dust back there too : ) maybe that's why it's not working properly. wish I restored it. probably sold for a few bucks to Chinese garbage collectors. i'll shop around for the LD MKII see any good deals.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back