New Beyerdynamic T1 (2nd Generation)
May 13, 2016 at 9:33 AM Post #1,397 of 3,911

NO NO NO!

I have T1 2nd generation serial 28471 and my sliding mechanism is DIFFERENT than DT1770 and T1 saw at Munich Hiend (serial above 31000). I don't matter what they say, it's not nice to say they've made a silent improvement after few months from product launch but that's the situation!
The difference is noticeable using the mechanism and is also visible in the depth and shape of the holes on the iron frame.

Again this is from the product manager after I asked if the change had been made recently:

"the new mechanism was updated when T 1 (2nd generation) was released."

May 13, 2016 at 10:36 AM Post #1,398 of 3,911

Again this is from the product manager after I asked if the change had been made recently:

"the new mechanism was updated when T 1 (2nd generation) was released."

Well seeing as this can neither be confirmed or denied (unless photos are forthcoming), I think we should move on.  As just about every Beyer T1 owner should know -silent revisions do occur, and I wouldn't be overly surprised.  In view of the fact that we aren't going to be sending in our T1's for replacement parts at any rate, let's just accept this for what it is and keep goin'.  

May 13, 2016 at 12:29 PM Post #1,400 of 3,911
I finally heard back from someone at beyerdynamic about the new EDT T1G2 pads. $35US + $7 shipping. The part is not on their web site, nor do the customer service reps even know about it! You have to use a paper order form to order it. How quant. 

Has anyone tried the EDT T1G2 pads, the ones that come with the T1 G2, on a generation 1 T1? Seems like it could be an easy way to tune the T1, but I'd like to hear from at least one person who has tried it.

May 13, 2016 at 11:39 PM Post #1,401 of 3,911
  I finally heard back from someone at beyerdynamic about the new EDT T1G2 pads. $35US + $7 shipping. The part is not on their web site, nor do the customer service reps even know about it! You have to use a paper order form to order it. How quant. 

Has anyone tried the EDT T1G2 pads, the ones that come with the T1 G2, on a generation 1 T1? Seems like it could be an easy way to tune the T1, but I'd like to hear from at least one person who has tried it.

You're in luck, or maybe not because this is coming from an old guy with some high frequency hearing loss in his right ear. Anyway, I tried the T1g2 pads on the T1g1 about three months ago and I did notice an increase in bass, but you will have to use you're ears to make a judgment on how the mids and highs are affected.

May 14, 2016 at 7:38 AM Post #1,402 of 3,911
Hi!

Does anyone here experience that whenever i unplug the T1 to the Burson i can hear some static noise in the headphones even the amp is turned off?

Thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

May 14, 2016 at 7:41 AM Post #1,403 of 3,911
Hi!

Does anyone here experience that whenever i unplug the T1 to the Burson i can hear some static noise in the headphones even the amp is turned off?

Thank you.

I face the same issue with my T1.1 and Asgard2. Tomorrow I will take my gear to audio shop to measure.

May 15, 2016 at 1:25 PM Post #1,406 of 3,911
Maybe due to the AC power is not purity. The noise is loud at my home but it is much less noisy at the shop. I think it can be resolved by the isolation transformer.

May 15, 2016 at 8:17 PM Post #1,407 of 3,911
I have been following this forum for a while. Now it is time to contribute.

I got my T1 v2 two months ago.

I have been listening with them a variety of music, mainly jazz, rock and classic.

I had before the Shure se 535 and I was very happy with it but these headphone are a totally different beast. 

At the beginning was a little bit too bright for me, but then you start to appreciate the more crisp sound especially strings or acoustic instruments. 

Smooth bass, great mid and the high end part of the spectrum (>12K) is much better then shure 535.

About the amp, it makes a big difference what you use.

I tried before the soundblaster E5 amp/dac combo. Not bad but it was missing something.

Now I got the JDS Element amp/dac, it is amazing (I like more it in the hi-gain mode). Super happy with the setup.

Now listening the new Radiohead album (A moon shaped pool), the track Daydreaming is quite an experience with this setup.

May 16, 2016 at 8:39 PM Post #1,408 of 3,911

At the beginning was a little bit too bright for me, but then you start to appreciate the more crisp sound especially strings or acoustic instruments. 

If this continues to bother you, at least with some material, simply use an EQ (preferably a parametric EQ) to do some gentle cuts at the offending frequencies. Cutting modestly, and thoughtfully with an EQ does nothing negative to the sound so don't be afraid to use one.

May 17, 2016 at 1:54 AM Post #1,409 of 3,911

I have been following this forum for a while. Now it is time to contribute.

I got my T1 v2 two months ago.

I have been listening with them a variety of music, mainly jazz, rock and classic.

I had before the Shure se 535 and I was very happy with it but these headphone are a totally different beast. 

Smooth bass, great mid and the high end part of the spectrum (>12K) is much better then shure 535.

About the amp, it makes a big difference what you use.

I tried before the soundblaster E5 amp/dac combo. Not bad but it was missing something.

Now I got the JDS Element amp/dac, it is amazing (I like more it in the hi-gain mode). Super happy with the setup.

Now listening the new Radiohead album (A moon shaped pool), the track Daydreaming is quite an experience with this setup.

Glad you like it, the treble is one of the best parts of the T1.  There is such airiness up there. 

May 22, 2016 at 2:30 PM Post #1,410 of 3,911
My Beyerdynamic T1 2nd Generation and this shot was taken while i was comparing it side by side with Shure SRH 1840.

f365bbfb840c0bd28d4c5e4b26938622.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back