New Beyerdynamic T1 (2nd Generation)
May 5, 2016 at 5:38 AM Post #1,351 of 3,924
Can someone compare and note the advantages of the T1.2 over the T1.1 and HD800S/HD800
Currently own the HD800S and I was thinking of selling it to switch over to the T1.2 for more volume in bass 

May 5, 2016 at 8:05 AM Post #1,352 of 3,924
  Can someone compare and note the advantages of the T1.2 over the T1.1 and HD800S/HD800
Currently own the HD800S and I was thinking of selling it to switch over to the T1.2 for more volume in bass 

You can read my comparison of the HD800S and T1 Gen 2 here: http://www.head-fi.org/t/782754/feliks-audio-elise-new-thread/9480#post_12515154 at post 9494.

I don't think I would chose the T1 just for more volume in the bass. The two headphones have different bass, but neither has significantly more bass than the other. Since I wrote that post I have come to appreciate the HD800S more.

May 5, 2016 at 10:58 AM Post #1,353 of 3,924
  You can read my comparison of the HD800S and T1 Gen 2 here: http://www.head-fi.org/t/782754/feliks-audio-elise-new-thread/9480#post_12515154 at post 9494.

I don't think I would chose the T1 just for more volume in the bass. The two headphones have different bass, but neither has significantly more bass than the other. Since I wrote that post I have come to appreciate the HD800S more.

thanks!

May 6, 2016 at 4:29 AM Post #1,354 of 3,924
Can anybody who got their T1.2 from Temptation Hifi on eBay confirm they are legitimate? At £599 I can't say no as long as they're genuine. They've also offered me HD800S at £170 less than rrp. Great prices but I'm having a hard time trusting them.

May 6, 2016 at 5:11 AM Post #1,355 of 3,924
I ordered a pair of T1.2 from Temptation Hifi and waited for around 3 weeks, but no delivery. In the end they gave me a full refund because they could no longer get the T1.2 as their supplier had informed them, that they are not made anymore (nonsense).

As mentioned, I got my refund, so all good on that part. I suggested that they stopped advertising a product, that they don't have and can't get. They keep advertising them though. And their adds still say, that they have them in stock, but they don't.

May 6, 2016 at 6:57 AM Post #1,356 of 3,924
  I ordered a pair of T1.2 from Temptation Hifi and waited for around 3 weeks, but no delivery. In the end they gave me a full refund because they could no longer get the T1.2 as their supplier had informed them, that they are not made anymore (nonsense).

As mentioned, I got my refund, so all good on that part. I suggested that they stopped advertising a product, that they don't have and can't get. They keep advertising them though. And their adds still say, that they have them in stock, but they don't.

Weird...I wonder if they are somehow earning money from this.  Nevertheless, not to derail the discussion, good to hear that you got a full refund.

May 6, 2016 at 7:09 AM Post #1,357 of 3,924
I can't tell what's going on with this... They seem honest enough in their communication and there was no trouble at all getting the refund, they actually suggested this themselves when they could not deliver.

It's not honest though to say on their e-bay site, that all the items they advertise is in stock in the UK.

I will advise contacting them and ask specifically about their ability to deliver before ordering from them.

May 6, 2016 at 9:07 AM Post #1,358 of 3,924
  I can't tell what's going on with this... They seem honest enough in their communication and there was no trouble at all getting the refund, they actually suggested this themselves when they could not deliver.

It's not honest though to say on their e-bay site, that all the items they advertise is in stock in the UK.

I will advise contacting them and ask specifically about their ability to deliver before ordering from them.

I questioned this many times, and got no reply.

The items they advertise are clearly not held in UK stock, but that would be why the price is so low. They must be playing the system with exchange rates etc... as they would not be making any money otherwise.

May 6, 2016 at 12:45 PM Post #1,359 of 3,924
Can anybody who got their T1.2 from Temptation Hifi on eBay confirm they are legitimate? At £599 I can't say no as long as they're genuine. They've also offered me HD800S at £170 less than rrp. Great prices but I'm having a hard time trusting them.

It is possible. Because that's the retail price in Japan (about £500,so they even can have £100 profit). I would buy it if I were you and check the serial number and call Beyerdynamic for the confirmation of genuineness. 

Beyerdynamic prefers japanese market a bit more because of their loyalty. They launch the T1.2 the very earliest in Japan. Maybe you should blame on the 20% VAT, that's one of the reason T1.2 costs a lot more in UK.  

May 6, 2016 at 1:20 PM Post #1,360 of 3,924
Thanks for the replies. Their feedback is mostly positive and has a theme of slow delivery plus their email responses where all coming from Australia, so it makes sense I suppose. I'll give it a shot and see what happens.

May 6, 2016 at 1:34 PM Post #1,361 of 3,924
Don't get your hopes to high... As I mentioned above, they said, that they could no longer deliver because their supplier claim the headphones are not manufactured any longer...

But who knows, maybe they have started making them again 
wink.gif

May 6, 2016 at 2:00 PM Post #1,362 of 3,924
Thanks for the advice. Their estimated delivery is on the 11th, if it takes significantly longer then I'll get a refund. I paid with PayPal so it should be straight forward. If they do turn up I'll call Beyerdynamic straight away and confirm they are genuine. Either way, I'll leave a post here for anyone else considering using this company.

May 7, 2016 at 2:08 AM Post #1,364 of 3,924

The two are very different style headphone.

T1(1.1) is  essentially  very romantic ,"bright" and "lush" headphone , with wider and more reverb stage that more suitable for classic music like Mahler's symphony.
HD800 (no s) more refined,somehow have a  "dark" and "smooth" present, have  bigger/taller image, more suitable for Jazz live or something-like.

I don't think T 1.2 or HD800s would be much different than above two

May 7, 2016 at 3:32 AM Post #1,365 of 3,924
The two are very different style headphone.

T1(1.1) is  essentially  very romantic ,"bright" and "lush" headphone , with wider and more reverb stage that more suitable for classic music like Mahler's symphony.
HD800 (no s) more refined,somehow have a  "dark" and "smooth" present, have  bigger/taller image, more suitable for Jazz live or something-like.

I don't think T 1.2 or HD800s would be much different than above two

In agreement. Original Hd800 is a benchmark for large ensembles and orchestral pieces. The HD800S, from my limited expereience with it, kind of slides down from the lofty pedestal to bring a more pleasant sound to the user. Very enjoyable indeed.

T1.1 is more musical than the hd800, but still has a fairly large soundstage with some crazily fun upper register performance (listen to vangelis to experience door to door panning). Its fast and upbeat, and the 20k+ ones were tuned very nicely, sort of like a er4p if i may make the crude comparison. The t1.2 tames the treble and adds in slightly more bass. Could be good for the treble allergic, but then again this is a beyer. It is kind of your preference at the end of the day. Expansiveness vs toned down balancing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back