New Beyerdynamic T1 (2nd Generation)
Apr 1, 2016 at 8:31 AM Post #1,233 of 3,911

I both own the T1 an the Sennheiser IE 80, my two favorite headphones for at home and on the go. Both are very resolving and musical. So if you like the T1 chances are you like the IE80, required you get a good fit in ear, but the IE ships with plenty of different type/size ear tips.

The IE 80 are due to arrive today so I can compare to my Fiio EX 1.   Thanks again for the recommendation.  

Apr 1, 2016 at 10:58 PM Post #1,236 of 3,911
Hi, could any one tell me which amp is a good match with T1? And I want to try it balanced

I use mine with a Beyerdynamic A2. And am very pleased with the results.

Apr 1, 2016 at 11:20 PM Post #1,237 of 3,911
Hi, could any one tell me which amp is a good match with T1? And I want to try it balanced

I'm not that picky when it comes to amp matching so you can take my advice with a grain of salt.

The T-1 Gen2 works well with all three of my balanced amps HDVA-600, LD MK6 and Oppo HA-1.

The T-1 classic works well with the HDVA-600 and LD MK6 but not so much with the HA-1.

Setup 1: Oppo 105d with HDVA-600
Setup 2: Cambridge CXC, DAC Plus with LD-MK6 and HA-1

Apr 2, 2016 at 3:21 PM Post #1,238 of 3,911
The Senn IE 80 arrived and they have marvelous bass, good soundstage, but I am disappointed in the mids, or treble (?), where the vocals sound almost recessed.  

Is this a norm?

Or, am I spoiled by the T1's?

They are Amazon Warehouse, meaning they were returned (the person likely kept the tiny screw driver) but often offer significant discounting. 

Must I go even higher, $ to have a smoother transition from the T1?

I intend to up my walking miles now, for health reasons, and I am not going to take the T1s.  

I am using Mojo, so the clarity is perfect.  

Apr 2, 2016 at 5:42 PM Post #1,239 of 3,911

A vintage monster receiver with a TON of power...cheap.

Apr 3, 2016 at 5:50 AM Post #1,240 of 3,911
Could the Beyer manager comment on the changes that happened nearing the end of the T1 Gen 1's run?

I.e. this.

Not to sound contrary, but what exactly occurred here?  Was this an guinea pig run on some T1's...dare I say is that the new driver onboard a t1 (or is it a pure baffler* change).  I think it'd be pretty nice to have a compiled list of the silent revisions (actual and perceived) that occurred through the T1's run history.

Apr 3, 2016 at 9:44 AM Post #1,241 of 3,911
  The Senn IE 80 arrived and they have marvelous bass, good soundstage, but I am disappointed in the mids, or treble (?), where the vocals sound almost recessed.  

Is this a norm?

They are Amazon Warehouse, meaning they were returned (the person likely kept the tiny screw driver) but often offer significant discounting. 

I intend to up my walking miles now, for health reasons, and I am not going to take the T1s.  

If you want to be close to T1 get the AKT8IE. 

Apr 3, 2016 at 2:35 PM Post #1,242 of 3,911

Is this a norm?

sound like the bass tuning on the IE 80 was set to max, not sure what the setting of the screw on the drivers looks like, but what you are describing sound like it is set to max.

Apr 6, 2016 at 4:10 PM Post #1,244 of 3,911
  Just got my T1's delivered today and right out of the box left channel not working so back to amazon they go. Not impressed.

that's a shame but with Amazon you have good service. If you are getting an exchange, it should go quickly.   Were yours new, or Warehouse?

I love the T1's and am glad I went through Amazon for fear of the rare miss, such as you experienced.  

As to headphones, I don't think I will ever own another.  It is like the T1s have spoiled me for anything and everything else!  

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back