New Beyerdynamic T1 (2nd Generation)
Nov 12, 2015 at 2:11 AM Post #706 of 3,911
  mmm.......when will the short cable be available at retail? I'd love to have that cable. Needed asap.

http://asia-pacific-india.beyerdynamic.com/shop/hah/accessories/audiophile-connection-cable-1-40-m.html

Nov 12, 2015 at 4:43 AM Post #707 of 3,911
Two days ago (Tuesday) I got my Beyerdynamic T1 2nd. Yesterday, after a break-in of about 30 hours I could not wait any longer. In the evening I was listening and enjoying my new headphone very much. It was a lot of money for me, but worth it, I thought. When putting it down I felt a little rough edge and I looked closer. That's what I saw:

The image of the left side shows a gap, the image of the right side shows how it should be.

I am very disappointed. All the talk and marketing about perfect German quality control only hot air?

Am I too picky?

I am from Germany and I will try to get a new one in exchange. I hope that is possible.
I do not want a repaired headphone for so much money and after two days.

Maybe I order a new one and return this one, to avoid getting a refurbished version or something like that.
I have purchased it on Amazon.de, so returning it should not be a problem.

Edit: Amazon.de is sold out. That's a problem.

Nov 12, 2015 at 5:06 AM Post #709 of 3,911
How would you guys compare this new beyer to the moddes hd800? Sorry about this, Im just curious!

I'm going to let someone else answer this one, but to clarify by modded you mean dampened, right?

Nov 12, 2015 at 5:50 AM Post #710 of 3,911
  Two days ago (Tuesday) I got my Beyerdynamic T1 2nd. Yesterday, after a break-in of about 30 hours I could not wait any longer. In the evening I was listening and enjoying my new headphone very much. It was a lot of money for me, but worth it, I thought. When putting it down I felt a little rough edge and I looked closer. That's what I saw:

The image of the left side shows a gap, the image of the right side shows how it should be.

I am very disappointed. All the talk and marketing about perfect German quality control only hot air?

Am I too picky?

I am from Germany and I will try to get a new one in exchange. I hope that is possible.
I do not want a repaired headphone for so much money and after two days.

Maybe I order a new one and return this one, to avoid getting a refurbished version or something like that.
I have purchased it on Amazon.de, so returning it should not be a problem.

Edit: Amazon.de is sold out. That's a problem.

You are certainly not too picky Cannot really imagine, how this had passed quality control. I see the manufacturing of these item almost every day and they are doing a great job usually. Please have it exchanged. If in trouble for any reason, please have it settled with our service department.

Nov 12, 2015 at 7:24 AM Post #713 of 3,911
How would you guys compare this new beyer to the moddes hd800? Sorry about this, Im just curious!

Both are sibilant without using tube/hybrid amplifiers so not really worth it in my opninion. Sometimes I wonder if the engineers in Beyerdynamic are hearing impaired. I have the same thoughts about the people who designed the HD800.

Nov 12, 2015 at 10:14 AM Post #714 of 3,911

Both are sibilant without using tube/hybrid amplifiers so not really worth it in my opninion. Sometimes I wonder if the engineers in Beyerdynamic are hearing impaired. I have the same thoughts about the people who designed the HD800.

Cause their are people that like brighter headphones , even if their is some sibilance depending on the recording ?

Nov 12, 2015 at 10:20 AM Post #715 of 3,911

Hm, that's a bit harsh... To me this is still within the realm of taste. Me, I don't like warm headphones for example... so the Beyer tuning is quite right to me. There are other models of different manufacturers which shall not be named now where I'd say its way off... but still people buy them.

I'm always astounded when I read how people boost bass. Especially with headphones like the M-100 which is already too bass heavy for home listening to me. Still I would not call them hearing impaired (though that may be the end result of such boosting and too high volume, but thats another question).

Nov 12, 2015 at 11:48 AM Post #716 of 3,911
I just hate listening one sound signature all the time. I like bright and dark and even neutral headphones:).

Nov 12, 2015 at 12:18 PM Post #718 of 3,911

No sibilance whatsoever here with stock, late SN, HD800s. Beautiful extended treble. Relatively young ears for me too, which can easily pick 17Khz :)

I would suggest the sibilance is in your music. What do you listen to? Overproduced pop/rock music mastered hot will sound sibilant on most headphones, and especially on such revealing headphones. I would suggest the following wikipedia article on the Loudness wars

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Loudness_war

If you listen to WELL mastered music - and you can afford it - buy a pair of HD800 without reservations. Sorry, I have no experience with the T1.

Nov 12, 2015 at 2:32 PM Post #719 of 3,911

No sibilance whatsoever here with stock, late SN, HD800s. Beautiful extended treble. Relatively young ears for me too, which can easily pick 17Khz :)

I would suggest the sibilance is in your music. What do you listen to? Overproduced pop/rock music mastered hot will sound sibilant on most headphones, and especially on such revealing headphones. I would suggest the following wikipedia article on the Loudness wars

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Loudness_war

If you listen to WELL mastered music - and you can afford it - buy a pair of HD800 without reservations. Sorry, I have no experience with the T1.

I listen to lossless music and when I'm testing headphones I'm using both well mastered tracks and compressed ones to get a better picture. I only judge based on the well mastered tracks but I use the compressed ones to see how the headphone can handle those as well. I'm also well aware that the HD800 will reveal your source as it is but with the HD800 I used the Cavalli Liquid Glass and some high-end DAC so that wasn't the issue. I must say it sounded amazing, except for the treble. Still a little sibilant. Both the HD800 and T1 actually sound really, really good if you look past the treble issue. I also very much enjoy the comfort of both headphones, some of the best for my head :) 

Nov 12, 2015 at 9:11 PM Post #720 of 3,911
So after listening to my review pair of T1 Generation 2 headphones for a month or so and having completed my review (along with the A2...review is due out next month), I ended up buying the review sample of T1s. I guess they passed the "put your $ where your mouth is test". 
smile.gif
  I previously owned the original version (actually I owned the first pair sold in Canada), but ended up selling them off when my SR-009s arrived. But the improvements and refinements of this new version just really put them over the top for me. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back